Team-BHP - Delivery time for swift
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Delivery time for swift (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/6192-delivery-time-swift-8.html)

Big ad/letter in today's TOI from Maruti stating that they have increased production of the Swift by 30% and there should be almost no waiting period for the Swift.

last week i saw an ad in DC paper and it was given that for 2 days spot delivery...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rtech
Big ad/letter in today's TOI from Maruti stating that they have increased production of the Swift by 30% and there should be almost no waiting period for the Swift.

oh yeah - saw that one.. but you know,they've also mentioned that in almost all parts of India it's readily available,but in a few pockets where demand/supply don't meet even now,there still is a waiting time..I guess Mumbai might be one of those pockets since demand is high..

sr

Hi tbhpians,

Yesterday, I went to Ambal Auto - Coimbatore for enquiring about the swift delivery time. Surprisingly, they had all the variants readily available with many color choices too. They do not have vxi with ABS and it looks like its availability is still not predictable.

I have picked up silky silver vxi. Getting the delivery tomorrow. :)

- Karthik.

Wow... thats amazing man. Congrats...

Quote:

Originally Posted by ece2k2
Hi tbhpians,

Yesterday, I went to Ambal Auto - Coimbatore for enquiring about the swift delivery time. Surprisingly, they had all the variants readily available with many color choices too. They do not have vxi with ABS and it looks like its availability is still not predictable.

I have picked up silky silver vxi. Getting the delivery tomorrow. :)

- Karthik.

Congratulations.. But I in background have a doubt... How come suddently the stock is available especially when couple of months back there was a waiting time of 4-6 months. Is the demand still as high as it was before and the increased production is helping or....the demand is reduced but the production is increased... Anyways, I am planning to get my Swift in Jan 06 :-)

looks like there are a couple of factors:
1. Because the demand has gone down, since this is year end
2. Swift production has been bumped up a bit

Quote:

Originally Posted by ece2k2
looks like there are a couple of factors:
1. Because the demand has gone down, since this is year end
2. Swift production has been bumped up a bit

For many, Swift is not in the race because of the delayed delivery though they like the car.

The delivery period has come down due to the increase in production & no additional booking due to the delay. That's the reason it was advertised " Delivery immediate". That removes the perception Swift delivery will take 4-6 months from the date of booking. Even now it is not immediate delivery for VXI with ABS & ZXI, which capped the most no.of bookings ( I guess). Hope from now Maruti gets correct with demand and supply of Swift.

Heard that booking for Swift in oct did not even touch 5000 mark because of which they started putting Ad in paper about immd delivery.

I am really frustrated!!!

I booked a Swift Vxi on 18 June.

On August 1, i was verbally told that they will be dispatching my ride on 7th August. It did not happen. Since then there has been no concrete date...

Its almost a month now!

I tried asking for a dispatch date on the maruti site. The only thing that i got was a system generated email acknowledging that my request that reached them.

The next time i called the dealer, he told me that i should not have done that. The time after that , he told me that i had done a good thing. Although he never gave me a date.

During all this, i have got various reasons ranging from "I have been following up with my senior manager" to "The ABS sensors have not been dispatched from japan causing delay in all cars".

I think that i reached my breaking point when a fellow BHPian who booked a Vdi on 29june (same dealer) told me that his ride has been dispatched.:Frustrati

I dont know what to do now. I am thinking on cancelling my booking and maybe going for a Getz.

Please tell me what should i do. Do i cancel the booking? If not then what do i do? If yes then how do i get the booking amount back?

I would really appreciate more views on the matter because my head just refuses to work. I think i am just too pi$$ed off with the frustration

Mod's Note: Please search and post in an existing thread rather than opening new ones on the same issues. Threads merged.

No point to get frustrated because of a car issue. Getz 1.3 also is very good car. Nice looks, Spacious, nice gear shift and silent as well.

If you like getz, then you can go for Getz and you'll have peace of mind / nice ride as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhi1881 (Post 93163)
Also not much Swifts are visible on roads.

This was how this thread started. What a turnaround it has been !
Now, if you look around, in a city like Bangalore its literally raining Swifts. ;)

I booked a Swift VXi but due the same reasons as you cancelled it within 2 weeks, got a refund and booked a Getz Prime 1.3 GLS.
Got the car yesterday and actually, after a couple of days of driving around, i'm very happy about my decision.

Cheers

Hi SwiftCrazy - I started out to book for a Swift VDi, changed to VXi because of inexorable waiting period. The VXi wasn't materializing anytime soon either so I finally cancelled that too and went for a Hyundai Getz Prime GLS (1.3).
Got the car in 10 days yesterday and boy - am i happy with it already :)

Cheers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by swiftcrazy (Post 555147)
I am really frustrated!!!

I booked a Swift Vxi on 18 June.

On August 1, i was verbally told that they will be dispatching my ride on 7th August. It did not happen. Since then there has been no concrete date...

Its almost a month now!

I tried asking for a dispatch date on the maruti site. The only thing that i got was a system generated email acknowledging that my request that reached them.

The next time i called the dealer, he told me that i should not have done that. The time after that , he told me that i had done a good thing. Although he never gave me a date.

During all this, i have got various reasons ranging from "I have been following up with my senior manager" to "The ABS sensors have not been dispatched from japan causing delay in all cars".

I think that i reached my breaking point when a fellow BHPian who booked a Vdi on 29june (same dealer) told me that his ride has been dispatched.:Frustrati

I dont know what to do now. I am thinking on cancelling my booking and maybe going for a Getz.

Please tell me what should i do. Do i cancel the booking? If not then what do i do? If yes then how do i get the booking amount back?

I would really appreciate more views on the matter because my head just refuses to work. I think i am just too pi$$ed off with the frustration

This is very strange.....Could be due to city difference but i booked my Swift Vxi on 11th july and the dealer promised me the car within 1 month and true to their word i got the car on 9th August,Speak up to your dealer and tell him to deliver the car or simply cancel the booking and buy Getz 1.3,it is an equally good car!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by m4ugr8 (Post 555492)
This is very strange.....Could be due to city difference but i booked my Swift Vxi on 11th july and the dealer promised me the car within 1 month and true to their word i got the car on 9th August,Speak up to your dealer and tell him to deliver the car or simply cancel the booking and buy Getz 1.3,it is an equally good car!!!!

agree: Or some would say - "a better car" ;)

Mod's Note: Please do read the board rules once. A maximum of 2 smilies are allowed per post. Extra smiley removed.