Team-BHP - Delivery time for swift
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Delivery time for swift (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/6192-delivery-time-swift-7.html)

Got the info that Swift is available at a premium ( black mkt) of about 30-40K for ZXi with select dealers. Any truth in this ?

Yes, tryout with Kotak finanace ppl. I got this offer in pune from one of the guy. Bad to say but this is india and our own indian company is looting us. but, still we are running for this FROG ...

Hi guys,

I got my silver vxi after exactly 2 months....I had to literally run from pillar to post to get mine...No amt of calling up the regional sales or their call centres or even their HQ helped...but i got mine :)

Yes dealers in bombay are offering it at a premium...its coz the max bookings have been done by Banks and Pvt financial institues....After guaging the initial response after the launch i.e 26 May....the bookings done by people directly were also quet amazing...Such kinda booking has never been seen in Maruti..expect when they came out with their 800...

So people who have done their booking from 26-31 May have got their deliveries...But after that their was bulk booking done by the dealers with the help of banks and fincace companies...

If u want ur car and are ready to shell out a premium the rates are approx... LXi-15000, Vxi w& wo/ABS-20-25 k, ZXi- 30-40k....

If u agree to get the car financed u mite have to pay a lower premium......Well since i own one i wud say the cars worth giving a premium....but in todays age giving it mite be comsidered foolishness....

Even i was tempted to buy one giving a premium...but guess my senses prevailed and i saved that amt and invested in a good pair a of alloy wheels and a Music system...

Guys hold on a little longer...the cars definitely worth the wait.....But i guess the faster u get the better looks u get on road...guess in the nest 6 months...every 10th car will be a Swift

8th June Booking.. Mumbai Ghatkopar - Spectra Motors
Silver VXI - ABS BS II

- later they said that the ABS car would take 2 months more.. so i switched from ABS to Normal VXI model

now last week they informed that they have a GOLD VXI with ABS .... and they can allot it next week .. 154 days instead of the normal 45 days.. and i still dont get the color that i want... sheesh .. is it worth it..?

btw. how do you guys find the gold color..i wanted the azzure grey or the silky silver..

Saw in newspaper last week that they are increasing the production of Swift from 5000 per month to 6000 per month. Effective Nov 05. Hope this reduces the waitiing period by a week or two.

Yup. MUL has increased the production of Swift by 30%. So surely less wait for people. Also in new swift add in the right hand side in the bottom it says "Bookings Open"

Guys,
I called up Pratham and RNS in bangalore to enquire about the delivery time for the Swift as i am planning to buy one soon. Here's what i was told

pratham:
15 days to 1 month for Zxi and Lxi and Vxi(ABS)
2.5 months for Vxi

RNS:
Lxi immediate delivery (even black or red!!!)
Vxi(with and without ABS) and Zxi - max 2.5 months.

what should i do??

odd, just went to Mandovi - 3 months for ZXi, 2.5 months for others

infact tried to call up Mandovi. No response. The guy at RNS was very sure that he can deliver me a black Lxi tomorrow itself which is hard to believe. Also i am planning to go in for the Vxi(ABS) or the Zxi. So, maybe you can inform any of the guys you know to go ahead and make an enquiry. Also that person has told me that he is gonna give me a call tomorrow morning. Let me see whats the waiting period gonna be tomorrow.

There are chances that delivery time frame would get decreased as days pass on. Maruti has increased production of Swift by 30% with effect from 1st November 2005 from 5000 per month to 6500 per month.

Clearing the first bunch will be a breather for Maruti.

but how trustworthy are these dealers?? do you think i can trust them and wait?? The waiting period in tentative and they might extend it on and on just like they've done till date

Quote:

Originally Posted by dogdiga
but how trustworthy are these dealers?? do you think i can trust them and wait?? The waiting period in tentative and they might extend it on and on just like they've done till date

Right question, nothing is guaranteed here? It's left to the individuals to decide whether to wait and give it a try or go for other alternatives. Personally I would not prefer to wait for 6 months to own a car.

The first level increased production will go for the one's who were waiting for sooooo long.

By the way, does any one has got the total booking figures of Swift till date

I will speak to that guy tomorrow and find out more details. Will keep you guys updated. I hope he is telling the truth

i think total booking are in the regon of 75,000 cars incl some that have been delivered already.

Guys,
i got my Swift Zxi from pratham on Friday. I had booked it on 7th of this month. The guy promised me and my friend who had booked together stating that he will deliver in a week. Surprisingly, he gave me a call on the 14th and said our cars have come in. i then started my finance procedures which i thought i would do after sometime assuming that the guy was bluffing. And here i am, owner of a swift in 10 days.

Well, my friend got it in 8 days as he had already applied for the loan. So, the record is still his.