Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2009, 13:52   #406
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Try requesting a fix when your car goes in for its service.
Thanks,will try it over the weekend when its going for its next service and post here on what transpired.
Old 1st October 2009, 15:16   #407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
Thanks,will try it over the weekend when its going for its next service and post here on what transpired.
I'm not sure if any dealer would do that. Till today no dealer (atleast in Bangalore) is accepting the fact that rear suspension is tweaked in new civic. Honda also does not speak a word. If they do its like accepting the suspension issue in old civic.

Try your luck. If at all they do, I guess there are many owners who would want the same.
Old 1st October 2009, 15:57   #408
BHPian

I plan to check out the new Civic first before going to the workshop, if I find even a single word related to any modification/improvement/upgrade with respect to the suspension in the brochure or the salesman dishes out any such point,I will put that back to the workshop guys. In any case I dont have too much hope that an upgrade is possible FOC. If only the springs are changed to ones with stiffer ratings, it might be cheap after all to make the change.

Last edited by indivic : 1st October 2009 at 16:01. Reason: Grammatical errors
Old 1st October 2009, 17:31   #409
BANNED

Quote:
I plan to check out the new Civic first before going to the workshop, if I find even a single word related to any modification/improvement/upgrade with respect to the suspension in the brochure or the salesman dishes out any such point,I will put that back to the workshop guys.
What if they do not say a single word on any change (as what is mentioned by many here) ?

Quote:
If only the springs are changed to ones with stiffer ratings, it might be cheap after all to make the change.
If its that simpler, then it should be easier to admit/ accept & do the changes in existing cars as well.
Old 1st October 2009, 17:43   #410
BHPian

The Honda fest for Civic seems quite a farce. It needs an invoice in the first place and Honda has a strict time duration for the invoice to be registered for the contest. So in simple words, the contest is only for cars in stock. The dealers (in Bangalore) dont have stock and are saying the next batch of cars are coming in Nov (week unknown) with very few (I heard 2 per dealer or so) coming in Oct. So indirectly they seem to be limiting Civic bookings for Sept/Oct. I dont know whats Honda's strategy or is it some kind of dealers' lobby ? It also does not seem like they have met their sales target for Sept/Oct (festive season), I hardly see any Civic bookings in TBHP. Overall, quite annoying and frustrating.
Old 1st October 2009, 18:08   #411
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
What if they do not say a single word on any change (as what is mentioned by many here) ?

If its that simpler, then it should be easier to admit/ accept & do the changes in existing cars as well.
I remember that when NHC was launched the first few batches (including the one I bought) had issues with the front suspension. It used to crash in to potholes with a thud. Apperently this was addressed later (according to auto magazines) but it was never admitted by Honda, nor did they offered fixes for the older cars. (They had a recall rearding front suspension of a particular batch which is a different instance)
This seems to be a simmillar case.

Last edited by Guna : 1st October 2009 at 18:09.
Old 1st October 2009, 18:41   #412
Team-BHP Support

Do you think technically its that easy and straightforward a fix at the service centre? I may even be willing to pay for it (assuming its sensible money) if that's the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Try requesting a fix when your car goes in for its service.
Old 1st October 2009, 19:14   #413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post

Having maintained that there was no problem with the suspension, it would be too much of a bitter pill to swallow and admit that there was an issue , especially in the face of dropping sales of the Civic. They would potentially have around 40-45,000 owners at their doorsteps.

Plus, I havent heard of any accident due to this issue. Touch wood. So there would be no pressure unlike in other countries to make a recall.

To be fair to them, I remember they did a recall for the prev gen Accord or the CR-V (I dont remember anymore..getting old) to fix something related to fuel supply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Do you think technically its that easy and straightforward a fix at the service centre? I may even be willing to pay for it (assuming its sensible money) if that's the case.
Same here, let me just enquire with a technician I know, on what's changed and how much it costs.
Old 1st October 2009, 19:38   #414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Your assumtion is correct.

To side the civic the only use of back seat audio controls can be that the family can change the volume and channels from the back. So while we can agree that it is a self driven car and not one to be chauffered in. It is also a family car.

Realized this angle when over the weekend my wife was repeatedly asking me to change channels and volume from, the rear seat with our kid, and then finally there was relief and peace after she picked up the remote.
yeah i agree with your point of view. but i am 23 and not married so . its hard to imagine. but my cousin sisters are like 8, 10 years. they can be handful sometimes. and even the ladies too.

i can't imagine listning to mordern rock music and being chauffer driven lolz thats just insulting. even if my company gave me a driver i would fire him on the first day. however tiring the driving would be.
Old 1st October 2009, 21:21   #415
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
yeah i agree with your point of view. but i am 23 and not married so . its hard to imagine. but my cousin sisters are like 8, 10 years. they can be handful sometimes. and even the ladies too.

i can't imagine listning to mordern rock music and being chauffer driven lolz thats just insulting. even if my company gave me a driver i would fire him on the first day. however tiring the driving would be.
Used to think the same... loved driving and never thought to be chauffered around. But with 30's fast approaching and traffic becoming from bad to worse, the enthusiasm has died down and practicality has taken over. Oh I so envy your age :(
Old 1st October 2009, 21:53   #416
BHPian

Quote:
And you will let all of us know - please?
I will also try to make a visit to Dakshin Honda this weekend.
Old 1st October 2009, 22:40   #417
BHPian

Anyone knows why Indian version of ANHC has a larger turning radius than the versions elsewhere?
ANHC in India - 5.3mts
ANHC in Malaysia - 5.0mts

PS: ANHC in India is raised by 10mm - GC here is 160mm and GC in the Malaysian version is 150mm. Seems like that 1cm raise wasn't sufficient to clear what in our country is called a speed breaker
Old 2nd October 2009, 09:19   #418
Senior - BHPian

Is this the 2012 Civic? Illustration may look close. Pic source mentioned on it.
Attached Thumbnails
City gets some Civic sense, Civic gets a new sense.-01.jpg  

Old 2nd October 2009, 09:43   #419
Senior - BHPian

LOL, nice shoop job. Headlights of the USDM Si, front bumper, grill and rear half and grill of the EUDM Type-R, some majorly ugly body kit and JDM Type-R wheels all photoshopped together with a complete lack of skill.

It's a big *** fake my friend.
Old 3rd October 2009, 12:17   #420
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Since you are so obviously an enthusiast, how about getting a performance suspension upgrade? The Civic has phenomenal after-market support for performance parts; you'll get more than a handful of bolt-on options. These will give you more driving pleasure than any stock suspension could.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks