Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2010, 14:39   #451
BHPian

Version upgrade ??

Friends, Can anyone please confirm if there will be any cosmetic/feature upgrade once Euro-IV City is launched? At present I am getting good discounts of approx Rs30000.
Old 17th March 2010, 14:41   #452
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbareilly View Post
Friends, Can anyone please confirm if there will be any cosmetic/feature upgrade once Euro-IV City is launched? At present I am getting good discounts of approx Rs30000.
I believe Euro 4 is going to be emphasized by starting of April month. You can bargain for more, as they do have excess stock at present.
Old 17th March 2010, 14:51   #453
BHPian

@ Coolbareily, I think Honda city (Ivtec Engine) is already Euro-4 complaint.

I would be surprised, If Honda increase prices on this account.
Old 17th March 2010, 15:55   #454
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
In Chennai, the price of Civic is up by 30K. Thank God I managed to book mine before the price hike.
But isn't the price applicable at the time of delivery/invoicing rather than at the time of booking. Please do take it in writing from the dealer

Not sure about policies of Honda though
Old 14th August 2010, 21:41   #455

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivashara View Post
I still think, they will sell more cars in north India because Honda as a brand is very much on the head of people here and Honda knows that.
One must read Economic times for what Honda think of Indian costmoer.
Yep... I read an impressive economic times article on Honda Cars India...
Honda is still an aspirational car brand: Jnaneshwar Sen-Interviews-Opinion-The Economic Times
Old 26th August 2010, 17:13   #456
BHPian

Call it the Vento Effect

Looks like Honda is waking up to competition, the City S will be getting alloys and fog lamps and the V would be getting leather seats and a spoiler, no info on the pricing front..should hit the roads in about a month's time.
Old 26th August 2010, 19:28   #457
Senior - BHPian

^^Is this true? Can you please tell the source?
Old 26th August 2010, 20:13   #458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
^^Is this true? Can you please tell the source?
This is from a trusted source from one of the dealers here in Bangalore, Aseem. Would not like to name her, but have got other such inputs from her in the past too and in fact I delayed my ANHC purchase last year.
Old 26th August 2010, 20:35   #459
BHPian

Hmm interesting. The differentiator for a V over S will very small ... just leather seats and a spoiler.
It has to be much more for someone willing to put more bucks for the V ... I bet they will throw in the ACC now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
Looks like Honda is waking up to competition, the City S will be getting alloys and fog lamps and the V would be getting leather seats and a spoiler, no info on the pricing front..should hit the roads in about a month's time.
Old 26th August 2010, 22:49   #460
BHPian

Let's hope they bring in some more features in the entry level model as well so that it attracts more customers away from Vento ....
Old 26th August 2010, 23:55   #461
Senior - BHPian

^^ Can someone confirm that ANHC is indeed going to get spoiler, leather and ACC?
Old 27th August 2010, 00:18   #462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
Who is Honda trying to fool ? Rather than a spoiler i would prefer a more practical climate control in place. If Honda wants to keep its existing pricing, the climate control needs to be in place. Leather seats and spoilers, we can get that done aftermarket, big deal. Looks liks S gets a better deal with fog lamps and alloy wheels - it will only put V to shame.
Old 27th August 2010, 07:55   #463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
Leather seats and spoilers, we can get that done aftermarket, big deal. Looks liks S gets a better deal with fog lamps and alloy wheels - it will only put V to shame.
This is what I thought too, when Honda launched V version of Civic - I was forced to eat my words!

I just hope some feedback enters the thick skulls of Honda management. But recent trends -
(1) Event: Civic sales begin falling
Honda's Action: Put some Hexagonal tail lamps that one can hardly notice, and raise the prices by 20-30K(?) - Repeat same for BS IV

(2) Event: Jaxx Sales are falling
Honda's ACtion: Release a Jazz X with pricing 30K more

(3) Event: Accord takes a beating from Superb
Honda's Action: Release an insanely expensive (BMW 320d rivalling pricing) V6 with no additional features

But, with Vento around, and recent beating up Honda received on Jazz, things might just be different..
Old 27th August 2010, 10:05   #464
Senior - BHPian

If news of Honda upgrading the S variant with alloys and some other freebies is indeed true, then IMHO some people will be forced to relook at the City again who clearly were very much being lured towards the Vento Highline petrol at a substantially cheaper cost. Vento is surely making an impact.
Old 27th August 2010, 11:30   #465
Senior - BHPian

^^I am not sure who to believe. Called Honda and they said there is no such thing possible.... even said that if we give Fog Lamps and Alloys in S than who will buy V just for the spoiler or the seats?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks