Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2010, 07:47   #211
BHPian

Seems like driving tests all across India are the same.

I got my license at the District Centre ground in Janak Puri, Delhi. All I had to do was bring the car a distance of about 25 meters to where the inspector was waiting (He was in his car and not outside). And I was expecting some serious test.

Luckily, it seems like the situation in Kerala is a bit better. I'll know firsthand when I apply for a bike/scooter license.

It's still amazing to know that at driving schools no one teaches you to deal with emergency situations. How to control a car if it skids, how to brake without skidding, how t stop if the brakes fail etc. are not taught anywhere (dunno about the Maruti Driving School though).

In Finland, one gets his full license after 3 years or so, including emergency situations training. And, you have to get yourself re-certified every 2-3 years or so.

My Delhi License is valid till 2029.
Old 23rd March 2010, 00:17   #212
BHPian

That's nothing. My mom applied for a gearless scooter license and got a car license as well. And she wasn't even asked how to spell 'scooter'....
Old 23rd March 2010, 05:34   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anku94 View Post
That's nothing. My mom applied for a gearless scooter license and got a car license as well. And she wasn't even asked how to spell 'scooter'....
No wonder we see uncivilised driving and riding on the roads!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks