Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2009, 15:34   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipunkul View Post
Some pics of the 2011 Fiesta sedan... Hope this comes here.

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan — Autoblog

Sure looks good! The horizontal chrome strip at the rear looks like a lift from the Aveo.
Old 1st December 2009, 16:42   #47
BHPian

I got some insider info about figo's pricing and heard it's going to be sub 4L. Should be serious competition in the already hot hatchback segment. Ford has posted 1 billion $ profit in the 3rd quarter and is geared up for a big turnaround. India especially seems to be a very promising region for ford which is evident from their ramp up in chennai plant.

I would love to see Mustang in India which would definitely bring up the image for ford. But i know it's not going to happen anytime soon.
Old 1st December 2009, 17:25   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by grules View Post
I got some insider info about figo's pricing and heard it's going to be sub 4L.
Will be helpful if the inside info is more detailed

Because Ford has already announced that the Petrol version will pitched against the i10 and Diesel against the vista right?

Last edited by kiku007 : 1st December 2009 at 17:27.
Old 1st December 2009, 19:59   #49
BHPian

I have been told that the petrol base version will be priced starting sub 4 lakhs ex-showroom too. The range seems to be 3.75 to 4.8 ex showroom
Old 1st December 2009, 20:20   #50
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by chennai-indian View Post
I have been told that the petrol base version will be priced starting sub 4 lakhs ex-showroom too. The range seems to be 3.75 to 4.8 ex showroom
Yes The price for petrol figo is suppose to be somewhere between 3.25 to 3.75 and diesel 4.25 to 5.

This info very genuine. In fact dealers are taking the booking for FIGO and i was also asked to book it last month itself.

FIGO is due here by march 2010
Old 1st December 2009, 20:49   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Will be helpful if the inside info is more detailed

Because Ford has already announced that the Petrol version will pitched against the i10 and Diesel against the vista right?
Unfortunately, this is the max that i could get from him.
I believe you would have much credible information as you seem to get more access to these. Please enlighten us.
Old 14th March 2010, 16:34   #52
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
How long will it take for 100,000 units to sell ? Even at the rate of 6000 units per month, it will take over a year to reach this figure.

So wait for over a year for the 1.6 hatch ?
the 1.6 figo is not confirmed, nobody has even started testing the 1.6 figo. Dont have too many hopes on this one. I was referring to the 1.6 petrol fiesta hatch which might be launched instead of giving the figo a 1.6 heart. but that again is not confirmed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
I suppose you mean the new Fiesta right? If it's priced around 7 or 8, it might go the Jazz way. But please don't strip out the features to cut costs. If I were in Ford's position, I would launch the new Fiesta sedan first and then the hatch 6 months down the line.

I might not upgrade in 2012, but the possibility of upgrading to a Focus is pretty strong in the future. Just give me the 2L Duratec with 140 PS and 190 NM.

I meant the figo, when figo is going to cross the 100,000 units mark then only a new engine or a facelift figo will appear.

Dont Worry, You will surely get the 2.0L duratec once the focus is launched somewhere is 2012.

Let me just clear some things up regarding the insights i am offering

1)Figo 1.6 (not confirmed)
2)Figo facelift (not before 100,000 figos are sold)
3)Focus sedan(confirmed for 2012)
4)Fiesta Sedan(confirmed for Q1 2011)
5)Fiesta Hatch(not confirmed but expected in Q3 2011)
6)New Mondeo (not confirmed but I saw one being tested at chengalpattu)
7) New Mini SUV/MPV (not confirmed but very likely to be confirmed in a couple of months | Name: not known | expected:mid 2012)

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 14th March 2010 at 16:36.
Old 14th March 2010, 17:02   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post

7) New Mini SUV/MPV (not confirmed but very likely to be confirmed in a couple of months | Name: not known | expected:mid 2012)
You just get cleared some misunderstandings or can I say misexcitements.

So next big launch is the new Fiesta Sedan followed by the Fiesta Hatch (Euro). So thats exactly a year from now for a new car launch from Ford. Thats really long Mustang.101. We will be starved till then.

I guess Ford should launch Figo 1.6 and Auto variant this year for some excitement.

What will happen to current Fiesta and Ikon? Will both be stopped or Ikon stopped and current Fiesta positioned in that space ?

Last edited by rajivn : 14th March 2010 at 17:04.
Old 14th March 2010, 17:12   #54
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivn View Post

What will happen to current Fiesta and Ikon? Will both be stopped or Ikon stopped and current Fiesta positioned in that space ?
Ikon will be discontinued in december 2010 & expect to see further lowering of fiesta prices at the end of this year.
Old 14th March 2010, 18:54   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

No Chances ever mate, Ford does not believe in CNG/LPG. One thing our company never sacrifices is our 'fun to drive' characteristic.
Agreed that Ford wants to keep the fun to drive DNA alive, however Ford should listen to the Voice of its customers, as fuel costs are heading North its definitely makes sense to use environmentally friendly & cheaper fuel.

This point is especially important as 1.2 Petrol Figo does not give the best in class fuel economy compared to the rest of the pack.
Remember majority of Petrol Figo customers will take the ARAI mileage figures with a pinch of salt, Ford should definitely think of introducing an alternate fuel variant to further strengthen its product positioning.

Last edited by tj123 : 14th March 2010 at 18:56. Reason: Typo
Old 15th March 2010, 10:20   #56
Senior - BHPian

The Mondeo is a fantastic car but I think I like the Focus better. I remember when the 'cash for clunkers' scheme was running in the US, the Focus was one of the fasting moving models. It was outsold only by the Corolla if I am not mistaken. It was available with a 'European Enhanced' suspension as an option which must be sweet. I hope we get a sporty suspension as an option here as well and not just a soft one which will kill the driving dynamics.

I hope someone is able to catch a spy pic of the Mondeo being tested. Is it expected to launch as the Mondeo here or some other name?

The choice of an MPV is pretty much a no brainer. We want the S-Max and nothing else. What are the options being considered?

AND last but not the least, launch the Mustang here as a halo car.

Last edited by Gilead : 15th March 2010 at 10:22.
Old 15th March 2010, 13:17   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Let me just clear some things up regarding the insights i am offering

Mustang, thanks for the list. Was browsing through the ET, when I saw Allan Mullalay interview that he is keen on bringing the entire lineup of Ford to India.
Are there any more planned/probable additions to your list??
Old 15th March 2010, 14:27   #58
BHPian

Any plans of Ford launching their Explorer in India, I'm sure it will rock here...
Old 15th March 2010, 16:33   #59
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
Any plans of Ford launching their Explorer in India, I'm sure it will rock here...
No plans so far...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
The Mondeo is a fantastic car but I think I like the Focus better. I remember when the 'cash for clunkers' scheme was running in the US, the Focus was one of the fasting moving models. It was outsold only by the Corolla if I am not mistaken. It was available with a 'European Enhanced' suspension as an option which must be sweet. I hope we get a sporty suspension as an option here as well and not just a soft one which will kill the driving dynamics.

I hope someone is able to catch a spy pic of the Mondeo being tested. Is it expected to launch as the Mondeo here or some other name?

The choice of an MPV is pretty much a no brainer. We want the S-Max and nothing else. What are the options being considered?

AND last but not the least, launch the Mustang here as a halo car.

That MPV could be the S-Max, Will probably get to know in a few months

Other consideration is the Kuga or any mini MPV/SUV based on the Kuga or S-Max & designed specifically for India.
Old 16th March 2010, 14:49   #60
BHPian

Would love to see the new Ford Focus and its ST variant.

Need some turbo charged hot hatches to blitz our roads too.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks