Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2010, 07:55   #781
Senior - BHPian

Mustang.101 - Is there any chance that the Ford will bring out a LPG/CNG version of the FIGO ? If yes, than we can expect it by when ?
Old 14th March 2010, 08:51   #782
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
How much is for 2 year extended?
I have no idea about it mate but i guess it will be around 7K for petrol & 10K for diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
I TD'ed the Figo petrol Titanium today evening at Planet Ford in Kothrud today. Since my monthly running doesnt justify the diesel price tag, I did not try out the diesel. I liked the sales executive's (one Mr. Singh) enthusiasm for the product and the eagerness to explain
My mom (who had accompanied for the TD) absolutely loved the red dashboard :-).

On road prices in Pune for the Petrol are as :
Titanium : 5,00,180 Rs.
ZXi : 4,44,415 Rs.
Exi : 4,24,628 Rs.
Lxi : 3,96,159 Rs.

IMHO, the 5L OTR for the loaded with ABS/Airbags version is one of the best VFM deals around (if you can ignore the lack of rear power windows).

Agenda for tomorrow :

Testing the 1.2 k-series twins.
Were you there at the showroom at around 3 PM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by methecupid View Post
i would have loved to have ordered the Figo in Colorado Red with the Coral (red) interiors....buts alas!! They do not have that option, any one to confirm that??
Yes, Colorado red exterior is only available with the black IP...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
Mustang.101 - Is there any chance that the Ford will bring out a LPG/CNG version of the FIGO ? If yes, than we can expect it by when ?
No Chances ever mate, Ford does not believe in CNG/LPG. One thing our company never sacrifices is our 'fun to drive' characteristic.
Old 14th March 2010, 09:22   #783
BANNED

Check this out!

Compared Ford Figo | VW Polo | Fiat Punto | Maruti Swift - CarSalesIndia.com

If you dont plan on reading all this. Read the verdict.
Old 14th March 2010, 09:24   #784

Yesterday went for a TD @ MPL Ford, Perungudi, Chennai, with Kiku007.

When he turned the key on, we kind-off felt Switched-Off... The entire body shook & we were looking @ each other and was unable to fathom it. From then on the drive was good...and at slow speed, it did really handle the patchy rodes well.

He did some aggressive speed & ride testing and my wife who was sitting at the rear, was almost thrown off the seat(Please use the safety belt, whenever you are driving with Kiku )

Other drive related results were ditto as mentioned by fellow Bhpians...
The Audio sys looked gr8...b4 we put it to real test. We both tried to pair our mobiles with the Audio Sys and were unable to succeed. Fed-up with this...the company rep requested us to check with the one inside the showroom, since there was a huge que awaiting the test ride back @ Show room. You wuldn't believe... the Audio system hung unconditionally... and wuldnot return to music player. It just stayed in bluetooth menu. Switched ON/OFF the player...even the CAR. Still it was stuck in Bluetooth option.

So end of a sweet ride, i was more confused than i was b4 the TD.

The rear seats were a kind-off hard, than the other models of Ford. Wifey felt tht she was sitting on a bench. Definitely the absence of head rest was a disheartening.

Ford you have to have certain things as Optional.

- Seating options.
- Head rest @ rear
- Rear Power Windows

We are off to another showroom to TD a petrol version...

-Karthi
Old 14th March 2010, 09:44   #785
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
2. SEATING:
Front seats were spacious. I saw 3 people (about 5-10", medium built) sitting in the rear and they were feeling cramped (i asked them). It seemed like they were sitting tight

We were 2 guys so we wanted to check this by our selfs - so we sat in the rear. I am around the same configuration (5ft 10" - medium) and my friend is 5ft 8 (slim)..it seemed like if one more person of my built comes in - it will become cramped and uncomfortable...

I had the opinion that the figo would have little more room that its competitors...maybe i need to check out the competition.
None of the hatches can seat 3 in comfort at the back. Even C segment cars are not comfortable for 3 in the back. Some amount of elbowing is inevitable. B+ and C segment cars are built to seat 2 in comfort at the back and they can occasionally take 3. Among the hatches, the Indica does the best job of seating 3 at the back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
lau
No Chances ever mate, Ford does not believe in CNG/LPG. One thing our company never sacrifices is our 'fun to drive' characteristic.
Great. So will be Figo 1.6 be launched sometime this year?

Last edited by Gilead : 14th March 2010 at 09:50.
Old 14th March 2010, 09:50   #786
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
As per this link (Ford - Media Release: November 2006) Ford released CNG Ikons in Nov 2006. If i've noticed correctly, Bangalore has as many (if not more) Ikons driven as Taxis as against personal use cars. If the situation is same in other cities, then CNG Ikon should have emerged a winner. Does anyone know why Ford had to discontinue them!? (i don't think the lack of fun-to-drive factor would have made them discard a potential winner )
Old 14th March 2010, 10:07   #787
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Great. So will be Figo 1.6 be launched sometime this year?
May be or may not be. No new variants of the figo until 100,000 units are sold.

However you might see a fiesta 1.6 hatch in december.
Old 14th March 2010, 10:13   #788
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Wow! This is some exciting news!
Old 14th March 2010, 11:19   #789
oss
BHPian

Quote:
May be or may not be. No new variants of the figo until 100,000 units are sold.

Hmmm.. What i want to see is the Ford Focus getting launched here. Any chances of that happening in the near future?
Old 14th March 2010, 13:12   #790
Senior - BHPian

I just got back from MPL Ford Nandanam where I had my first proper look at the Figo. I had previously seen a couple of Figos in the CF yard but they were in an inaccessible place.

Interiors

Spacious for a hatch. Lots of pieces from the Fiesta including the steering wheel and AC vents. Fit and finish is typical european. Heavy doors and no misaligned panels. The stereo looks a little tacky. The Fiesta's center console and stereo are much more classy. Stereo sounds the same as the Fiesta's and that's a good thing. It is easily one of the best OEM stereos around. Slightly lacking in bass but clarity is very good. Does not crack up at even high volumes.

Test Drive

I test drove only the TDCi. Was not interested in the 1.2L petrol. I had to wait a good 45 mins for my turn as the showroom was jam packed. The Figo TDCi, as epxected, is fantastic to drive. The turbo probably kicks in as low as 1200 RPM. I did not feel it at all. The power delivery is very linear and I can say it's as good and as quick as the Fiesta 1.6 for city driving. The Duratec 1.6 turns into a monster after 3000 RPM which is not the case with the Duratorq 1.4. The 1.4 is best kept within 2-3K RPM. Unlike the Swift D, it pulls easily without any kind of lag from 3rd gear from speeds as low as 20. I did not get too many chances to test the handling but it was very good. A fast U turn was taken with near zero body roll. I am spoilt by the 1.6S' handling so nearly everything else feels crappy in comparison. The engine is a bit buzzy inside the cabin after 2500 RPM like a typical diesel. I am not sure if it has the same kind of insulation as a Fiesta.

Negatives

No fog lamps and alloys in the top end Titanium version
Stereo looks a little tacky

Verdict

When the price is taken into account, this has to be the best diesel hatchback available at the moment.

I spent an hour at the showroom and noticed 3 bookings signed in front of me. Two of them were booking the Figo as the Maruti dealership had told them a Swift D will take 3-6 months depending on the color. I was surprised to hear that as I was under the impression it was down to 1-2 months. Maruti's loss, Ford's gain.

True petrolheads, wait for the Figo 1.6.

Two brand new Figos (white and a sort of light greenish silver) pulled in as I was about to leave. They will be the first two cars to be delivered apparently. Any TBHP-ians from Chennai booked one yet?

PS: My Aquarius Fiesta 1.6S was attracting as much attention as the Figos. Sometimes even moreet.

Quote:
Yes Focus will be here in 2012 & that also the new focus... By focus i mean the sedan.
Can I get greedy and hope for the Focus RS too?

Last edited by Gilead : 14th March 2010 at 13:28.
Old 14th March 2010, 13:13   #791
BHPian

Just did a brief test drive of Figo and came back mighty impressed. It looks much better in flesh than in pics. Simple no-nonsense practical city car with a lively and torquey diesel engine and superb ride and handling. Combine this with low turning radius (4.9 as compared to Punto's 5.4) and sturdy interiors, we have a very very competitive product. I was hell bent on Punto, but now after experiencing Figo, I am not too sure. I even daresay that the DuraTorq is much more fun to drive that the famed MJD - atleast in the city.

Last edited by greatpower : 14th March 2010 at 13:15.
Old 14th March 2010, 13:24   #792
BHPian

Mustang,

Any news about the possibility of an Automatic Transmission Gear box on Figo planned by Ford? How soon one can expect an A/T Diesel Figo?
Old 14th March 2010, 13:28   #793
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by harimakesh View Post
Mustang,

Any news about the possibility of an Automatic Transmission Gear box on Figo planned by Ford? How soon one can expect an A/T Diesel Figo?
Sorry man but no new variants before 100,000 units are sold.
Old 14th March 2010, 13:32   #794
BHPian

Quote:
Yes Focus will be here in 2012 & that also the new focus... By focus i mean the sedan.
I hope it comes to India by 2012, right time to replace my Fiesta (I am sure lot of Fiesta owners will upgrade to Focus Sedan)
Old 14th March 2010, 13:41   #795
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Can I get greedy and hope for the Focus RS too?
Absolutely not...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks