Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2010, 20:45   #76
Senior - BHPian

Ford need not discontinue the ikon. It can continue to sell it to the taxi market at even lower pricing, bang on the territory of Indigo CS. Yes, indeed its a decade old design, but still has characteristics on par.
Old 12th April 2010, 10:26   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

From the Figo, thread. Guess it should belong here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Ok this is here but i got some shocking news today only.

One of my colleagues gave me some good news & some bad news from Chennai

The Bad part First : The New Fiesta sedan 'MAYNOT' be launching in India next year, ie: Dont expect the fiesta sedan in 2011. This decision is nearly 80% confirmed according to him & he says that this decision was taken as the current fiesta is already selling in good nos.

The Good Part : Expect The Fiesta Hatch to be launched next year & extensive testing has now started again. It will be launched after Q2 next year.

The Not so Ugly part :

The fiesta hatch is neither going to be cheap & nor is it going to be very expensive, Expect base model pricing to start at around 6 lacs ex-showroom delhi. <-----------Liable to change anytime without prior notice

The somewhat Ugly part :

All those waiting for a price drop in the current fiesta sedan at the end of this year, DONT WAIT! all you will get is another kind of limited edition for lower models & some other discounts on the higher end variants which are going to last only for a couple of months then.
Old 6th July 2010, 20:02   #78
Senior - BHPian

i just saw the "just an amazing review" post a few pages back only now. Oh boy! It does really present a rosy picture of the 1.6 fiesta hatch. sheer awesomeness. If ford does not launch this, they would break a billion hearts probably!
Old 12th March 2011, 21:04   #79
Senior - BHPian

Re: Limited Edition Fiesta

I spotted a 'Taxi' guised Fiesta with the Ford dealer. It was complete with the taxi lights on the roof et al. And some yellow graphic stickers on the rear quarter panels.

Any idea what Ford is upto?

Will try to get pics the next time.
Old 24th March 2011, 15:03   #80
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ford India's future line up

DRIV3R, Moved your post to this thread as it discusses a potential future offering from Ford.
Old 24th March 2011, 15:28   #81
Senior - BHPian

May be stripped down version of current Fiesta offering to Taxi/Tour operarors at the lesser price. New Fiesta will cater the regular buyers, but they should give a new name to it otherwise it will be mistaken like Vista/Manza.
Old 24th March 2011, 15:44   #82
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

I wish FORD would resurrect the Fusion + TDCi and add airbags, ABS, climate control, push button start, sun roof and some other fiddly bits and if possible AWD to it.adding 16 inch or perhaps even 17 inch alloys with 205 section fat tyres as an option for buyers would be superb!

Price it fairly and in the current scenario it is bound to be a hit.
Put another way it will offer Scorpio, Safari and even Yeti buyers another choice of first class vehicle at a nice price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Ikon will be discontinued in december 2010 & expect to see further lowering of fiesta prices at the end of this year.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 24th March 2011 at 15:46.
Old 24th March 2011, 15:50   #83
Senior - BHPian

Shankar, that seems unlikely given the negative perception of the fusion in hte market.

but what I can tell you with a fair degree of certainty, from a VERY reliable source, is that Ford is going to launch a smaller SUV by Diwali- it will be around the size of a Scorpio, and a 5 seater priced around 12 L. I am not sure ont eh engine in that one, will update when i have more info.
Old 24th March 2011, 15:59   #84
BANNED

Poor Fusion - it didnt deserve that negative perception at all. Only, it was a tad pricey at 8.1 lacs on road Bangalore for the TDCi Fusion + in 2008.
Which one will they now come with? Ford ECO SPORT or KUGA or something of the kind?
I sincerely hope they come up with a nice mid size SUV.
This more affordable 8-12 lac segment desperately needs some action.
Any good quality manufacturer coming into this space will suddenly realize how much pent up demand there is, for a good quality, well designed, well finished SUV at this price point.
I only wish they are able to offer a fully functional, top spec version at the 12 lac price. including all safety features and 4WD and the rest of it.
If FORD does indeed come up with this, then their superior sales and service network will ensure they get a good lead in the marketplace by the time the Dacia/ Renault Duster and Manhindra Ssangyong Korando etc arrive on the scene.
Ford cars are well built and the materials they use in the interiors, their fit and finish etc are certainly of a higher order than the Mahindras and Tatas of the world. Hence their vehicles definitely translate to good VFM and thus, are well worth buying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Shankar, that seems unlikely given the negative perception of the fusion in hte market.

but what I can tell you with a fair degree of certainty, from a VERY reliable source, is that Ford is going to launch a smaller SUV by Diwali- it will be around the size of a Scorpio, and a 5 seater priced around 12 L. I am not sure ont eh engine in that one, will update when i have more info.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 24th March 2011 at 16:01.
Old 25th March 2011, 11:17   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
DRIV3R, Moved your post to this thread as it discusses a potential future offering from Ford.
Thanks GTO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
May be stripped down version of current Fiesta offering to Taxi/Tour operarors at the lesser price. New Fiesta will cater the regular buyers, but they should give a new name to it otherwise it will be mistaken like Vista/Manza.
Well, here are some pics.

Apparently, truckloads of these Fiestas were delivered to a businessman, who started a new "Hi-tech" Taxi service, which is named "Taxi Taxi", Coimbatore's very own premium taxi service.

These Fiestas come with some yellow graphics on the rear half of the car, Ford OE star shaped alloys, LED running boards at the rear, a GPS system, etc. It had the 'Limited' moniker on the front quarter panel too. Though it's positioned as a premium service, the price per km is just 15 INR.

The drivers were dressed in white (caps et al) and surprisingly buckled up.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford India's future line up-24032011001.jpg  

Ford India's future line up-24032011002.jpg  

Ford India's future line up-24032011.jpg  

Old 25th March 2011, 11:29   #86
Team-BHP Support

I was just looking at the Eco Sport spec. A 1.4L diesel seems a bit underpowered. 1.6 would have been ideal. But from a structure point of view seems very good. The specification also says 4 door. How is that going to help?

Ford EcoSport - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kuga specification seems to be the standard for the compact X-Over. 2L Diesel 140-160 Bhp. Petrol does not make sense.

Ford Kuga - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by ampere : 25th March 2011 at 11:31.
Old 25th March 2011, 14:00   #87
BANNED

since this is heavily based on the Fusion it stands to reason that it is a 5 door (tailgate being the 5th door).

it may do well as it is a compact SUV. only thing is can they offer an AWD in this vehicle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I was just looking at the Eco Sport spec. A 1.4L diesel seems a bit underpowered. 1.6 would have been ideal. But from a structure point of view seems very good. The specification also says 4 door. How is that going to help?

Ford EcoSport - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kuga specification seems to be the standard for the compact X-Over. 2L Diesel 140-160 Bhp. Petrol does not make sense.

Ford Kuga - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 25th March 2011, 15:37   #88
Team-BHP Support

I would be the happiest if the Eco-Sport comes on! A natural upgrade!
Kuga in that price would be a real icing on the cake.

But my take: We may get Eco-sport, but Ford may choose to up to 1.6L Diesel (sharing with the new Fiesta platform). But if it remains at 1.4, even then not an issue. This aspect may turn out to be the all-important factor from a price tipping standpoint.

Last edited by ampere : 25th March 2011 at 15:41.
Old 25th March 2011, 16:26   #89
BANNED

i would also look forward to this eco sport as well as kuga

wonder how the luggage carrying capacity will compare with the Duster.

duster has 475 litres of boot space and can liberate upto 1600 litres with the rear seats folded down. quite similar to the yeti it seems but at half the price. wonder how the new ford offerings will compare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I would be the happiest if the Eco-Sport comes on! A natural upgrade!
Kuga in that price would be a real icing on the cake.

But my take: We may get Eco-sport, but Ford may choose to up to 1.6L Diesel (sharing with the new Fiesta platform). But if it remains at 1.4, even then not an issue. This aspect may turn out to be the all-important factor from a price tipping standpoint.
Old 25th March 2011, 23:21   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chennai-indian View Post
Here are some details on Ford India's future line up:

1. Ford Fiesta Sedan (based on new European Fiesta already being sold in Chinain Sedan version). Expected launch in 2011. Will be priced above current Fiesta and below Honda Civic !!

2. Current Fiesta replacement - Expected in 2013-14

3. Current Endy replacement - Expected 2012-13

4. New small car based on the earlier European Fiesta will be launched in Feb-March 2010. Looks will be very similar to the renderings already available in some other forum post/Autobild story.
why should there be a thread like this for a quite an ordinary car like ford fiesta ( Current Fiesta replacement - Expected in 2013-14). What's so special about this car?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks