Team-BHP - New Tata Indigo Manza Details : Brochure on Page 36 EDIT : Now launched
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   New Tata Indigo Manza Details : Brochure on Page 36 EDIT : Now launched (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/65758-new-tata-indigo-manza-details-brochure-page-36-edit-now-launched-16.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sudan_NFS (Post 1520847)
I don't think so Fiesta,Linea,Verna would feel the heat since Manza is going to be a segment below.

Why do you think it is going to be segmented below Fiesta-Linea-Verna ?
IMHO, Linea may not be affected too much, unlike Fiesta and Verna.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajivn (Post 1520758)
Man, based on the pics, reactions above, and few info about Manza from GTO in another thread ( Linea vs City ) - I feel its gonna rock. Its gonna shake up the whole premium hatchback segment and C segment as said by ACM above.

Cars that will take a hit or feel the heat-

Premium hatchback segment - Punto, i20, maybe Jazz (though its already hit)
C segment Entry level - Dzire, Ikon, Accent, Logan
C segment Mid level - Fiesta, Linea, Verna

It will be interesting to see Manza squezzing in between FIAT's products - Linea & Punto.

It has borrowed best of the technology and engines, manifactured in same assembly line of Punto / Linea and definitely competing with them.

Indian market is hugely unpredictable (no one had believed i20 diesel with such a price tag would be hit), I guess Manza would definitely hit Punto, may not be Linea though.

TATAs have borrowed everything from FIAT, its tech., engines and also the way of advertising (remember Linea & Punto teaser?) and are really doing better in advt. than advertising FIAT products.

In Mid-Day you will see advt of Indigo CS and vista every day as compared to FIATs, which comes occasionaly.

ideally:I hope its correct.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidindica (Post 1520960)
ideally:
  • nano-A segment
  • indica diesel-commercial usage
  • indica vista-lower B segment
  • punto-upper B segment
  • indigo manza-lower c segment
  • linea-upper c segment
  • indigo CS-unclassified segment
  • indigo XL-taxi
  • indicruz-innova/xylo segment
  • safari-SUV segment
  • sumo-?
  • prima-lower D segment coming in 2011
I hope its correct.

I will slot it between XL & indicruz.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sudan_NFS (Post 1520847)
I don't think so Fiesta,Linea,Verna would feel the heat since Manza is going to be a segment below.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anmol2k4 (Post 1520880)
Why do you think it is going to be segmented below Fiesta-Linea-Verna ?
IMHO, Linea may not be affected too much, unlike Fiesta and Verna.

Check out the below information from GTO in Linea vs City thread ( I am copying and pasting from that thread )

" I am unable to divulge any more details at this time. However, the Manza will boast:

- The same Linea diesel engine.

- Weigh lesser than the Linea, and offer better performance.

- More spacious interiors.

- Offer excellent ride quality within the city.

- Improved fit & finish for a Tata. You can say that the interior quality will be the same as Lineas.

All this at a lower price. As stated earlier, the Linea's chief rival is actually inhouse. "

As stated by him, its serious competition for Linea. When it competes with Linea logically it will also compete with Fiesta and Verna.

Consider this a fully loaded Manza will compete with base models of Fiesta, Verna and Linea.

A loaded Manza might have features like Airbags, ABS, Automatic Climate Control, maybe Alloys, etc.

If I am in for a mid segment diesel sedan I would definitely consider Manza along with Fiesta, Verna and Linea but at the same time I may not consider Dzire or Logan.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajivn (Post 1521000)
As stated earlier, the Linea's chief rival is actually inhouse.

Though what you claim looks so obvious, it is not so straight forward. Ritz didn't hurt swift sales, in spite of having same engines / almost same as Swift, and being a new and more spacious product. Well, did Ritz fail then? No, it created its own space and numbers are there for you to see.

Yes, Linea might get hurt a little bit initially. But gradually, Manza will sell on its own and Linea will sell on its own. Besides, Linea is going to have the bigger engines soon.

Manza Diesel will mainly (and definitely) eat into DZire Diesel's pie.

Because, no other player has a pie there at all!lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by opendro (Post 1521049)
Though what you claim looks so obvious, it is not so straight forward. Ritz didn't hurt swift sales, in spite of having same engines / almost same as Swift, and being a new and more spacious product. Well, did Ritz fail then? No, it created its own space and numbers are there for you to see.

Yes, Linea might get hurt a little bit initially. But gradually, Manza will sell on its own and Linea will sell on its own. Besides, Linea is going to have the bigger engines soon.

As per GTO and Vasudeva's September Sales analysis, Ritz's petrol is selling more than Swift's petrol and Swift's diesel is selling more than Ritz's diesel. As per their estimate, 70% or so of Ritz's sold is petrol and vice versa or more percentage for Swift sold is diesel.

So looking at that scenario, we can expect sales of Diesel Manza to affect Linea Diesel. Now how much percent, that only time will tell.

so lets hold our horses, till Manza is released, before predicting their sales futureplease:

Quote:

Originally Posted by opendro (Post 1521049)

Those are GTOs words that I have copied and pasted here. Yeah, Linea will feel the heat till it gets the new engines. I hope they bring them quick maybe in the next 6months.

Sorry to go OT but a small update. I just got this SMS from TATA.
Quote:

Announcing 10 days 1001 Gold coin free offer, buy any Tata Car and save upto Rs. 50,000/- + 100 Gold Coins to be won everyday. Offer closes 15/10/09
Is this some kind of stock clearance before launch of Manza? Haven't called dealer yet to check on the details. Did anyone else get this and any idea on what savings upto 50K?

Quote:

Originally Posted by grules (Post 1521350)
Sorry to go OT but a small update. I just got this SMS from TATA.
Is this some kind of stock clearance before launch of Manza? Haven't called dealer yet to check on the details. Did anyone else get this and any idea on what savings upto 50K?

My guess would be its a sweetener for the Diwali period. Most manufacturers come up with schemes to woe customers around Diwali. As it is valid on all Tata cars, I doubt it'd have been initiated with a view to clear out the Indigo stocks.

OT: Any idea if the old Indigo is still available and if yes what sort of schemes are available on it?

I dont think they will stop producing indigo . They might position Manza as a more premium car and continue to sell both cars .
Looking forward to it giving Dzire some competition .The Ikon and Accent meanwhile should consider retirement .

Recently when I was in for servicing my Indica I noticed that the showroom display has no Indigo (though they normally have one) but an Indica Xeta LPG! So asked a guy there about it. Initially he gave a vague "katli" type reply. But I said thoughtfully that one of my friends was thinking of dropping in to book an Indigo so I thought I will check out once today, as I am here, before I bring him here. Immediately the guys ears perked up a bit. He said "do chaar din ruk jaao saab main phone karta hoon aapko" wait a few days and I will call you up. At this I asked him innocently whether he does not have any Indigos now (asking them straight upfront immediately clams them up). He said that the stock is over and new, fresh stock is coming in. He also pointedly told me that Indigo stocks are not available in general at this moment with anyone. He neatly side-stepped the "new stock=new model?" query but said that he will call me up soon and took my phone number.

So one thing is sure. Dealers most probably ran out of Indigos much before the Manza launch.

Will have to see market reaction, after the car launch and actually what is the competiton and between whom.?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACM (Post 1520524)
...With the name being kept seperate from the Indigo and the Indigo continuing, this should break the Manza away from the Taxi crowd into Value Car seeker territory...

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACM (Post 1520566)
..Yep Indigo is a better brand than Sumo and Indica but still it is used as a taxi to a large extent, it is one of the two cars used by Meru cabs in Mumbai (other being the logan) and yep people do not want to be seen in a vehicle that is used as a taxi...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trapezio (Post 1520647)
..I agree. Once its used as a mainstream Taxi its difficult to shake of the image. The good sign is that the word Indigo is not seen on the teaser pages. Hope they allow Manza to remain a separate brand.

In addition to a new brand name MANZA, TATA shouldn't bring this car in white colour, in order to keep Taxi owners at bay!