Team-BHP - New Tata Indigo Manza Details : Brochure on Page 36 EDIT : Now launched
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   New Tata Indigo Manza Details : Brochure on Page 36 EDIT : Now launched (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/65758-new-tata-indigo-manza-details-brochure-page-36-edit-now-launched-21.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dippy (Post 1523603)
Is the Manza more longer than the outgoing Indigo? It atleast feels so from the pictures.

As a matter of fact, it is much longer than the outgoing (??) indigo.
The current indigo measures 4220mm
Indigo CS: 3988mm (-232mm)
Indigo XL: 4377mm (+157mm)

Manza at approx. 4500mm (+280mm) (according to sidindica) is even longer than the indigo xl!!!!

Lets see how reliable is sidindica's info of Manza being 4500mm long. It sure does appear to be this big.

I am thoroughly satisfied with the Manza specs - given the price that people are talking about. I think the Tata lineage will help it to gain the momentum in the market. Quite rightly said by a few, tata gets better with every launch in the premium segment... and no messing guys.. its our very own ! So I got some heart into it as an Indian ;)... By the way... I played the Spot the Manza at their teaser site and its not as simple as it sounds ... go for it !!! Manza - Look forward to a new level of indulgence

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dippy (Post 1523603)
The Dzire has competition now. Are there still long waits for the Dzire? This might work in favour of the Manza.

Yup Dzire still has long waiting periods. What might go in favour of Manza is more powerful engine( Linea's powertrain) and better room against Dzire.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10 (Post 1523951)
Also Tata's paint quality is going up and up with each launch.

Guess we should thank Fiat for that:)

Training will be on 11th and 12th here, will try to get some concrete info then.
Unveiling is on 14th.

Interior pics please. I like the car, all the best to TATA

front and rear looks bit of last generation Camry

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidindica (Post 1524018)
Training will be on 11th and 12th here, will try to get some concrete info then.
Unveiling is on 14th.

.......Awesome. Perfect for Diwali actually. Its got some competition from SX4 also. Any thoughts about how the SX4 launch might affect Manza's ?

The entire car has lost the cuteness of the Vista.
The 'Logan'ish rear is not a good head turner, IMO.
Why can't Tata go for a decent looking rear lamp? The tall and uninspiring rear lamps makes their cars look weird - be it Nano, Indica, Vista, Indigo, Sumo or this Manza.

Quote:

Originally Posted by karanraheja (Post 1524012)
Yup Dzire still has long waiting periods. What might go in favour of Manza is more powerful engine( Linea's powertrain) and better room against Dzire.

Guess we should thank Fiat for that:)

Is it just me or others also feel that Tata is benefiting more from the partnership then fiat?

Quote:

Originally Posted by romeomidhun (Post 1524052)
Why can't Tata go for a decent looking rear lamp? The tall and uninspiring rear lamps makes their cars look weird - be it Nano, Indica, Vista, Indigo, Sumo or this Manza.

Add to it cars like Ritz,Wagon R, A-star,Xylo etc.
Seems designers get lost when it comes to designing rear and put all the efforts in designing the front.

Quote:

Originally Posted by romeomidhun (Post 1524052)

I tend to agree with you. But if you look at it from an individuality perspetive, every brand has its signature. I amnot sure but this might be one of the aspects to the tall rear lamps.

just back from plant!ITS "INDIGO MANZA" to be precise!
VGT 90BHP DIESEL MULTIJET
PETROL IS ALSO SAFIRE 90 BHP!
DIESEL TORQUE AT 200NM
DOESNT LOOK THAT HUGE AS MUCH AS IT DOES IN PICS!
REARLOOK COULD BE SUBJECTIVE!
OODLES AND OODLES OF SPACE INSIDE!
TRIM LEVELS TO BE BOASTED ABOUT!(CLIMATE CONTROL IS ONLY NOTABLE ABSENTEE)
THE BRANDING LOGOS ARE EXCELLENTLY DONE!IT SAYS QUADRAJET90 AND SAFIRE90!ABS LOGO ABOVE THE USUAL AURA LOGO ON RIGHT!
same bluetooth system as in anniversary vista!what really impressed were the ac controls!no tacky knobs!chrome finished dials and ac controls!lots of chrome used!steering controls!similar flamenco red as in linea looks smashing!silver,black,pearl white sparkling golden are the others!will give detailed feature list by tomorrow morning once i get my hands on brochure!

heard it from horses mouth-fiat powertrain head-suzuki cant use mjd with vgt!no license!so only manza and linea!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarvodaya (Post 1523383)

It seems the dreaded has become reality. A close look at the left rear and you can see that car is named 'Indigo Manza'. c'mon Tata gotta learn from past mistakes!!! :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by akhilesh51 (Post 1524202)
It seems the dreaded has become reality. A close look at the left rear and you can see that car is named 'Indigo Manza'. c'mon Tata gotta learn from past mistakes!!! :Frustrati

This still might be a pre-production vehicle! I am just trying to think of possibilities that its not an Indigo. Also they never used the word Indigo in the website.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10 (Post 1524064)
Is it just me or others also feel that Tata is benefiting more from the partnership then fiat?

I do not think this is true. There are a variety of reasons. I will try and list the main one.

After the launch of Indica, Tata had managed to start an R&D centre in UK (totally unrelated to JLR). They started working on the Tata Xenon onwards. The advantage that Tata got was getting talent from the mecca of the automobile industry.

Also a lot of effort was put in Pune towards better designs. But all this takes time. This is not IT after all! :)

Edit: Oops! Sorry for the double post. Can someone integrate them.

Hmm.Looks good enough,but a bit rear heavy!

Quote:

Originally Posted by aslambhai (Post 1523992)
As a matter of fact, it is much longer than the outgoing (??) indigo.
The current indigo measures 4220mm
Indigo CS: 3988mm (-232mm)
Indigo XL: 4377mm (+157mm)

Manza at approx. 4500mm (+280mm) (according to sidindica) is even longer than the indigo xl!!!!

Lets see how reliable is sidindica's info of Manza being 4500mm long. It sure does appear to be this big.

Manza actually has similar legroom to Indigo xL and hence the massive wheelbase...

I wonder how an estate(marina?) version would look like? A more pleasant backside perhaps.