Team-BHP - Swift with the K series engine? Update: Launched.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Swift with the K series engine? Update: Launched. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/66147-swift-k-series-engine-update-launched-12.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerohit (Post 1591678)
I own Swift.

Typically, most people who like Swift, have owned worse car previously, or it is their first car. For example M800 owner will love Swift because 800 is worse than Swift. They are not able to differentiate between better quality product, because they have never owned one or driven one.

I agree with you!!!!. But the point here is people are satisfied with what ever suzuki gives - And Suzuki has got advantage as far as manufacturing costs are concerned. So, they should've improved on some of the parameters.

Swift is a good Car for its price. But No manufacturer is loyal to its customers. Some of the other manufacturer's Cars are better but nobody is ready to buy, since they're scared of the After Sales Service and the pricing of the spare parts.

Note:- I drive Swift/Santro/Fiesta/SRV. - I dislike the most Santro and among these I like SRV the best.

Called up 2 dealers to see if they had a TD vehicle.

RNS: Sir no sir, there is no new swift launched. We have only 2 models petrol 1.3L and diesel 1.3L.
Me: It's there on TV and newspapers that new swift with K series engine of Ritz.
RNS: No Sir K series is there only in Ritz and 1L engine we are having in Estilo and A-star.
Me: Please find out and call me. If you don't know don't say it does not exist.
RNS(after 10mins): Yes sir we are now having K series Swift. Pls. come and book if you are interested. Minimum waiting period is 2.5 months. Very much in demand.
Me: I am not interested, I'd rather get the Chevrolet Beat. Thanks.

Pratham:Yes Sir, they have announced but not launched. Launch will be after 2-3 months.
Me: But prices are available.
Pratham: Sir we have not get prices.
Me: Okay then give me a call when you do get further information.
Pratham: Sir if you want you please book it Sir now itself by paying 50K. Once vehicle comes you drive. If you like it you can go ahead else we will refund booking amount after deducting Rs.300 as cancellation charges.
Me: No thanks.

Looks like dealers are clueless.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidindica (Post 1688873)
There is no increase in swift petrol prices in BS 4 models, as per the website and the dealer.

the dzire petrol prices have increased by about 11,000-14,000 approx.

I guess the Swift's prices have not been increased because the increased cost of the new engine is offset by reduction in excise duty,maybe??

Quote:

Originally Posted by vid6639 (Post 1690579)
Called up 2 dealers to see if they had a TD vehicle.

RNS: Sir no sir, there is no new swift launched. We have only 2 models petrol 1.3L and diesel 1.3L.
Me: It's there on TV and newspapers that new swift with K series engine of Ritz.
RNS: No Sir K series is there only in Ritz and 1L engine we are having in Estilo and A-star.
Me: Please find out and call me. If you don't know don't say it does not exist.
RNS(after 10mins): Yes sir we are now having K series Swift. Pls. come and book if you are interested. Minimum waiting period is 2.5 months. Very much in demand.
Me: I am not interested, I'd rather get the Chevrolet Beat. Thanks.

Pratham:Yes Sir, they have announced but not launched. Launch will be after 2-3 months.
Me: But prices are available.
Pratham: Sir we have not get prices.
Me: Okay then give me a call when you do get further information.
Pratham: Sir if you want you please book it Sir now itself by paying 50K. Once vehicle comes you drive. If you like it you can go ahead else we will refund booking amount after deducting Rs.300 as cancellation charges.
Me: No thanks.

Looks like dealers are clueless.

reinforces my "bad" perception of Maruti Suzuki dealerships ;I love their cars but hate everything else.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidindica (Post 1690367)
Some pics and details*

*exactly same words circulated to dealers.

Interesting both Swift and Dzire have the same FE:D. 30Kgs of extra weight mean nothing to K series engine:uncontrol

The major issue haunting MUL:

How to reduce the gap between production Vs demand for 1.2 ltr K-series engine as well as National engine(1.3 DDIS)?

sidindica ... thanks buddy for the details/clarifications !

Though nothing on the engine (reference to the pics) specifies that its the new K series!

The only issue petrol Swift had should be solved by this engine: low end torque ( apart from rattles :D )

nurni: maybe the tuning state is different?

Now is the time to go out and buy the diesel DEZIRE. Anyways, its only a matter of time befire the jewel of a multijet gets phased out because of corporate hassels between MARUTI and FIAT

[quote=jkdas;1691166]The only issue petrol Swift had should be solved by this engine: low end torque ( apart from rattles :D )

Is it only the Petrol Swifts that are facing these issues? I believe its a common issue with the Swift/Dzire (same platform) irrespective of the mill.

Quote:

Originally Posted by civic-sense (Post 1688906)
And that makes the Swift DZire the only sedan that comes with a sub 1200cc engine. A puny 1.2L NA engine in a 1+ ton sedan? Does it not sound funny?

You think an 87 bhp, 1197 cc engine in a 1010kg sedan is funny?
How about an 65 bhp, 1193 cc engine in a 1065kg sedan :D
Its the indigo CS GLS!

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn (Post 1691256)
You think an 87 bhp, 1197 cc engine in a 1010kg sedan is funny?
How about an 65 bhp, 1193 cc engine in a 1065kg sedan :D
Its the indigo CS GLS!

Now, how about this:
indigo CS GLS -> OTR in Hyd 3.90 lacs
Dzire Lxi -> OTR in hyd 5.4 lacs
That's why it is funny.

Called a dealer in Ahmedabad, they said delivery time will be 1.5month for new K series engine and there is no Test Drive vehicle for the same.

Quote:

Originally Posted by civic-sense (Post 1688906)
And that makes the Swift DZire the only sedan that comes with a sub 1200cc engine. A puny 1.2L NA engine in a 1+ ton sedan? Does it not sound funny?

The dry weight of Ritz Vxi is 1015 kg, and that of Dzire Vxi is 1025 kg. If this 1.2 litre engine is showing a fantastic performance in Ritz, it should do the same for Dzire as well. 10 kg is a negligible difference.

Any news on the price of this Maruti Swift with a K-Series engine along with the engine specs ??
Is its unladen weight is going to be the same ??
Is there going to be an immediate delivery of this updated Swift from the showrooms ??

Anyone got an opportunity to drive New Swift with K series engine. If yes, please share the experience.

Are there any changes in interiors/exteriors department apart from engine?