Team-BHP - Swift with the K series engine? Update: Launched.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Swift with the K series engine? Update: Launched. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/66147-swift-k-series-engine-update-launched-4.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaaz (Post 1551118)
There's no news on Swift. Whether they're going to plonk the same 1.2 litre K Series Engine. Or any new Engine development is going on?

Going by Maruti's standards and the recent SX4 Launch, we cannot expect any breaking news on Swift.

But of late, Swift ads have started on Television. Is it a precursar to something new, we can expect from Maruti or is the Company feeling the heat with the recent launch of Punto/Jazz and expected new launch of FIGO and POLO?

We cannot expect anything out of the Diesel unit since the unit is running succesfully.

And what happened to the completely new SWIFT? with a slightly bigger track. But, I guess the all new Swift will not make it to the roads for atleast a Year.

So, What'll happen to the BSIV standards for its Petrol 1.3 litre head. Are they going to tweak the same unit or develop 1.3 or 1.4 litre K Series Engine with BSIV standards?

i have been asking the same since weeks but nothing sure relevent news are confirmed, but yes surely with BSIV norms getting applicable next year, new k series engine would be plonked with tweaked its DDiS engine like ritz as well, but when is still a question.
Have seen new adds on TV for swifts since few days as well, so might be something is coming, but model shown was current one only and not of all new swift we have covered in threads.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vijaythacker (Post 1551133)
Have seen new adds on TV for swifts since few days as well, so might be something is coming, but model shown was current one only and not of all new swift we have covered in threads.

Well, all new Swift is ruled out for atleast a Year. And DDIS is also on expected lines as it is in Ritz. But What about the Petrol Model Buyer?

Whether to wait for the new Model or go ahead buying the 1.3 litre?

well i believe, if not in a hurry, wait cause diwali is up as was expected during this festival, but then few months before new norms applicable surely they would be out with new ones, and we also see adds of swift since these days they might come out next month or so with new news.

Looking at the SX4 upgrade.

It seems as if the 1.2L K-Series engine from the Ritz would be doing duty on the Swift in the near future.

"
contact@maruti.co.in to me
show details Oct 7

Dear Sir,

Thank you for visiting our website.

We do highly appreciate the interest shown and the faith entrusted by you in our product and in Maruti Suzuki. We also regret the inconvenience caused to you.

We would like to inform you that as of now there is no official information regarding the BS4 compliant of Maruti Suzuki Swift. Further, we would like to suggest you to keep in touch with our website for latest updates regarding the new launches of Maruti Suzuki cars.
"

The reply I got for the same question on October 7.

Seeing the new 'Young at heart' ad of Swift, I think a new more powerful engine will come to Swift instead of the K12M engine. May be a 99BHP M13A engine?

Quote:

Originally Posted by romeomidhun (Post 1551203)
Seeing the new 'Young at heart' ad of Swift, I think a new more powerful engine will come to Swift instead of the K12M engine. May be a 99BHP M13A engine?

Nice Catch - The earlier punchline was " You're the Fuel" and now it is "Young at Heart".

But Maruti is very conservative, when it comes to Engine's. 99 bhp is definately going to be a treat to the driving enthusiasts, but I doubt, going by the trends of Maruti.

I speculate Maruti to play the following cards,

Discard the aged 1.3L M series P engine for the 1.2L K series P engine as it will qualify for excise cuts and will position Swift close or below (the dies have depeciated long long back) Ritz, expect a 25k price cut on every model

Maruti used to promote INRC in its Esteem/Baleno days, now time to bring in the 1.6L Swift Sport ZXi fully loaded with body kits, position 50k above current Zxi

From the Diesel, expect a full loaded Swift ZDi as the premium hatch market is now open to 6L+ budget, position 65k above current VDi+ABS

Bring in the SX4 crossover to pit against Fabia/i20/GP/Polo/Figo/et-al

Quote:

Originally Posted by romeomidhun (Post 1551203)

The M13A develops 91 bhp 11.8 Kgm of toruqe from 1328cc. Bore X stroke is 78 X 69.5.

The M15A has bore X stroke 78 X 78. This engine develops around 100 bhp and 13.5 Kgm of torque. M15A with higher compression ratio develops around 11 bhp, 14.5 Kgm of torque and this was installed in Ignis ( mostly called Ignis sport ).

The M13A max develops 90 bhp. That too the engine is 1328cc hence Swift will not get tax benefits. Considering the arrival of Figo, Maruti will not let the tax benefits go away. But like you I too sincerely hope they come out with M 13 and M15 like they have in international markets.

I think that the new swift is around the corner, it is supposed to be bigger and more spacier then the current one, somebody at the Maruti dealership told me that even the name is going to change, it will be called the Swift Cedion, I am not sure about the spelling because the guy couldnt even pronounce it well.

May be Sid can wake us up on this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AirWind (Post 1551227)
I speculate Maruti to play the following cards,

Discard the aged 1.3L M series P engine for the 1.2L K series P engine as it will qualify for excise cuts and will position Swift close or below (the dies have depeciated long long back) Ritz, expect a 25k price cut on every model

The current 1.3L engine in Swift is not an M-series engine, but is a G-series engine. The 1.3L M-series engine is a relatively new one.

Maruti could possibly put the new VVT engine from the SX4 in the swift as well - this will be in line with their current ads on TV. The 1.6 M series engine is not too old either.

I feel the swift will be upgraded with the new K series in Jan and the 1.6 from the SX4 will be another sportier option - imagine the fun!

Quote:

Originally Posted by wanderluster (Post 1560907)
Maruti could possibly put the new VVT engine from the SX4 in the swift as well - this will be in line with their current ads on TV. The 1.6 M series engine is not too old either.

I feel the swift will be upgraded with the new K series in Jan and the 1.6 from the SX4 will be another sportier option - imagine the fun!

Maruti may use the K12B engine in the current Swift for mileage savvy customers, and the M16 VVT engine in the all new new bigger Swift for performance savvy customers (for the 'thrilling performance', as the new ad proclaims!).

I am tired of this speculation now. When are they launching ? sidindica, are you listening ?

IMHO there is a high probability of M13A finding its way into the swift if we take the new ads (specially the rally one) into consideration. The K12B has a lower BHP figure compared to the G13B so i guess this might prove to be a disadvantage. A price increase to a price on par with Punto can also be expected.

M13A spec
91.2 hp @ 5,800 rpm
116 N·m @ 4,200 rpm

G13 spec
87bhp @ 6,000rpm
113Nm @ 4,500rpm

K12B spec
83.3bhp @ 6000rpm
113Nm @ 4500rpm