Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2010, 12:25   #451
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepdas View Post
Also i was told that if i opt for black or sunlight copper colour then it would be a non refundable booking as Maruti makes such vechile on special orders only . I think Maruti should come up with more colours as all the available colours are too common.
The dealer is trying to fool you because he will have trouble selling slow moving colours in case you back out. No company will ask you to make a non-refundable deposit and this will also be clearly mentioned in the booking papers.
Old 4th May 2010, 12:39   #452
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am all set to book ZXI. ....
...Also i was told that if i opt for black or sunlight copper colour
Prepare for a long wait Sandeepdas :-) . Also be prepared for the occasional bouts of frustration. It is really really frustrating that even after 5 years of producing these cars, Maruti still hasnt been able to plan accordingly.
The problem is multiplied if you (like me) are looking to lay your hands on the top end variant.
Old 4th May 2010, 14:11   #453

I was told that after the launch of k-series engine there is a sudden rush in booking for petrol models too and it will take min 15 to 30 days max to deliver the same. Although they are having silky silver zxi readily available. I am waiting to have a TD before finalizing the things.
Here I must say one thing that the biggest cons for me in swift zxi is its OEM music system which is without USB or Bluetooth support.
Old 5th May 2010, 15:10   #454
Senior - BHPian

@Sandeep: The dealer is clearly trying to fool you. When we booked our Sunlight copper swift vxi (pics posted a couple of pages back), the dealer had a car of that colour in stock. We got delivery in 7 days from booking (car was allotted to us on the day of booking). When we booked, dealer had sunlight copper and black cars in stock.

But yes, waiting for ZXI will definitely be much more than VXI.

If you are ok with the waiting period, then do go for the swift. The engine is very responsive at low rpms. Dunno about high rpm as both me and my dad are not high revving type of drivers. Our car has completed 1200 km now and there are absolutely no problems with it.
Old 5th May 2010, 16:02   #455

Today I got a call in the morning from the sales person that he is having a test vehicle ready and he can come to my place for TD. I immediately accept it although I was getting late for the office. Around 11:00 AM I got the first view of the demo vehicle. It was of Perl white colour with some nice decals on it. I spend good half hour with that vehicle and I found that the engine is very responsive. Now I am fully convinced and going to book the vehicle this week. I was little confused between two colours i.e. sunlight copper and Perl white but after having a look to this vehicle i have decide to go with Perl white although it’s very common but then I would have options of adding some good matching sporty decals on it in the future to provide my car an exclusive look. Attaching some of the images of the demo vehicle.
Attached Thumbnails
Swift with the K series engine? Update: Launched.-05052010400.jpg  

Swift with the K series engine? Update: Launched.-05052010401.jpg  

Swift with the K series engine? Update: Launched.-05052010399.jpg  

Old 7th May 2010, 12:56   #456
BHPian

I booked my Swift ZXI (Perl White Colour) in RNS Motors, yeshwanthpur, Bangalore. It will be delivered on June 1st week.

I inquired about VXI with ABS. Sales person told me it will take 3 to 4 months to deliver the car. If it is VXI (without ABS), was readily available. I asked the reason why VXI ABS has a waiting period. Sales person told me that there is a deficit supply of ABS units which are manufactured in Bangalore and sent to Gurgaon for assembling. (I don't know how true this news is)

Even ZXI has waiting period of 4 months. I was lucky since there was a White Swift lying in the yard. I booked it immediately and car is alloted to me.

Will post the ownership review as soon as I get my hands on it.

Last edited by BhaskarKumar : 7th May 2010 at 12:58.
Old 7th May 2010, 12:59   #457
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics Sandeepdas!

Can anyone tell me the email IDs of someone at Maruti whom I can mail ? My emails to them are going unanswered < contact@maruti.co.in > , even though they have a case number opened against my name. If at all I get the answer, its just something vague (We are very sorry type mails.)
I call up customer care (1800 1800 180) only to be told that they will have to open an all new case because e-mails and phones are handled by two different departments and they cannot follow up on something which is being handled by the other.

Will calling up Maruti's Pune office do any good ?
Old 10th May 2010, 12:32   #458
Senior - BHPian

I am getting mine on Sunday! Thats because I changed the colour option from Sunlight Copper to red. Just back from completing the formalities of the balance payment and submission of documents for registration.

According to the VIN number received, its an April 2010 manufactured vehicle. I just hope it turns out to be worth all the hype. I will update this thread with my experiences once I receive the vehicle.
Old 10th May 2010, 15:21   #459
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations, sajo.

Here is another FE update. It gave 14.5 kpl in 100% city driving with 80-90% AC usage.
Old 10th May 2010, 15:51   #460

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
I am getting mine on Sunday! Thats because I changed the colour option from Sunlight Copper to red. Just back from completing the formalities of the balance payment and submission of documents for registration.

According to the VIN number received, its an April 2010 manufactured vehicle. I just hope it turns out to be worth all the hype. I will update this thread with my experiences once I receive the vehicle.
[COLOR=black]Many Congratulations to you sajo…….. I am also pushing my dealer to make delivery of my ZXI, by this Sunday (Akshay Tritiya). [/COLOR]
Old 12th May 2010, 13:51   #461
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
Congratulations, sajo.

Here is another FE update. It gave 14.5 kpl in 100% city driving with 80-90% AC usage.
Hello,

Thats a decent FE.

Can ZXi owners please post pics of your cars.

@sajo congrats on your car. awaiting further information and pics ofcourse.

thanks.

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 12th May 2010 at 14:01.
Old 12th May 2010, 14:16   #462
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Congrats! So finally the Figo is out and the ZXi is in. Do post pictures once you get the car. Maruti should have done some badging in the fenders to differentiate it from the 1.3L petrol.
Old 12th May 2010, 15:22   #463
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am also pushing my dealer to make delivery of my ZXI, by this Sunday (Akshay Tritiya).
Hey Congrats sandeep. Which colour you are getting ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
@sajo congrats on your car. awaiting further information and pics ofcourse.
h@r$h@l : I will update this thread with the info or will start a new ownership once I receive the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Congrats! So finally the Figo is out and the ZXi is in.
Yep. I decided I dont really need a diesel, and the K12M is one of the nicest petrols around, so the Swift was finalised. Now all I have to do is keep my excitement in check till Sunday. Didnt get the colour of my choice , but thats okay, atleast I got a car.
Old 12th May 2010, 17:45   #464

Quote:
Hey Congrats sandeep. Which colour you are getting ?
Its pearl white colour .
Old 15th May 2010, 21:03   #465
Senior - BHPian

Not sure where I could post this query thats why posted here.

Is it true that the K-Series engine is a product of Mazda and MSIL has borrowed this from them. Similar to getting the multijet diesel engine from Fiat.

If this is true imagine, core parts of both petrol and Diesel cars out of Maruti Suzuki stable are borrowed technologies.

Can someone confirm on this??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks