Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2010, 16:47   #421
BHPian

I think that swift with k series engine was launched at a time when Beat, Polo and Figo were making there entry into Indian market. There would have been many customers who must have opted any of these three over swift as we can see the initial ownership threads of these cars in Team-BHP it self. But i do feel that even though some people bought Swift with k series engine but there does not exist any thread which gives a detailed information about pros and cons of this engine in swift.

Any owner of Swift K series engine reading this please give us your reviews in detail
Old 6th April 2010, 17:40   #422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
Any owner of Swift K series engine reading this please give us your reviews in detail
You could check the following ownership thread. Not a lot of information though.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...livered-2.html
Old 6th April 2010, 18:50   #423
Senior - BHPian

Yes, I was actually surprised not to find any Swift K-series detailed road-tests in team-bhp. So decided to test-drive it myself, only to find that it is not there for test-drive, though Lxi model is there for immediate delivery!

Ended up test-driving Swift diesel and Ritz K-series, and using my imagination to "join" both to arrive at a (probably incorrect) idea of how the Swift K-series feels. I really hope someone like GTO or sidindica have a chance to TD this car!
Old 9th April 2010, 14:54   #424
Senior - BHPian

We took delivery of Sunlight copper Swift VXi K series about 15 days ago. It will mainly be used by my father. I am not the best person to review the car, but still here are my impressions:

Noise levels inside the car are pretty low. Low end acceleration is good. Haven't taken it above 3K rpm yet. I haven't got a chance to drive it on highway till date. There is no improvement in plastic quality. The quality of cladding around power window switches is horrible.

FE: We filled 40 litres of petrol into the car a couple of days after delivery. When I had been in the car last, it had done approx 260 km after refuelling, and the fuel gauge needle was still above the halfway mark (tank capacity is 43 L). This is with 90% AC usage, and 70-80% city driving.

Overall I am loving the car I did not start a separate ownership thread as I won't be using the car much.
Old 10th April 2010, 18:49   #425
BHPian

I saw a Autoshow in one of the Malayalam channels here yesterday. They were testing the new K Series Swift.

Two things astonished me (Which otherwise where the only reasons I was against Swift Petrol) :-

1) They say the suspension has now been softened (finally giving in to 'comfort' rather than 'Handling' following complaints from Customers). Usually even on avg roads Swift had a tendency to catch all those bumps!!! I had removed Swift and Dzire from my final list just bcoz of this main reason - Suspension.

2) They claim the test mileage for the brand new vehicle (Swift VXi) they tested was 17.4kmpl. AMAZING. If its so then I guess theres no much need to go for Diesel

Owners please speak up. Iam all set to choose between :-

Swift VXi, Swift VDi, Dzire VXi, Dzire LDi and Figo Exi TDCi

HELP HELP HELP

Last edited by sam_sant2005 : 10th April 2010 at 18:51.
Old 10th April 2010, 19:16   #426
Senior - BHPian

FE update: the fuel needle is just above the halfway mark now. Car has done 330 km after refuelling (overall odo reading approx 415 km). So assuming that the car consumed 20 litres of fuel, the FE comes out to be 16.5 kpl. This, as I said earlier, is mostly in city except for a 40-50 km highway run. AC used 90% of the time. So yes, the FE is pretty good.

Autocar also states that the suspension has been softened. But I cannot comment on it as I have not travelled in earlier swift. Aircon is excellent. Even in these days, blower position 1 is sufficient in mornings and evenings, that too with temperature control knob moved a couple of notches away from the coldest position. In afternoons, position 2 is necessary if only front seats are occupied, and position 3 if there are passengers on rear seat.
Old 10th April 2010, 20:49   #427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
Yes, I was actually surprised not to find any Swift K-series detailed road-tests in team-bhp. So decided to test-drive it myself, only to find that it is not there for test-drive, though Lxi model is there for immediate delivery!

Ended up test-driving Swift diesel and Ritz K-series, and using my imagination to "join" both to arrive at a (probably incorrect) idea of how the Swift K-series feels. I really hope someone like GTO or sidindica have a chance to TD this car!
Yes, I am also surprised not to find any detailed review on either swift K-series or Dzire K-Series. I request all the team BHP members who owned this to please put up detailed review (specially on power,FE and suspension) for our guidance.
Old 10th April 2010, 22:14   #428
Senior - BHPian

Suspension has been softened... I wonder if there is any body roll now.

Anyone who has a chance to drive the car, please share. Thanks in advance.
Old 10th April 2010, 22:43   #429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
FE update: the fuel needle is just above the halfway mark now. Car has done 330 km after refuelling (overall odo reading approx 415 km). So assuming that the car consumed 20 litres of fuel, the FE comes out to be 16.5 kpl. This, as I said earlier, is mostly in city except for a 40-50 km highway run. AC used 90% of the time. So yes, the FE is pretty good.

I have observed strange things in all three of my cars (Ford Ikon 1.6 ZXI, Swift VDi ABS, i20 CRDI(o)) - The needle takes its time to come to mid section but races quickly to the end - Half way mark is *not* the half way mark actually.

I've grinned ear to ear extrapolating the mileage only to be disappointed later. You should be happy if the car does 500 kms by the time the fuel empties

Just keep us posted!
Old 10th April 2010, 22:55   #430
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer
I have observed strange things in all three of my cars (Ford Ikon 1.6 ZXI, Swift VDi ABS, i20 CRDI(o)) - The needle takes its time to come to mid section but races quickly to the end - Half way mark is *not* the half way mark actually.
Yup, seen this in my Baleno too. When I tank up fully, the needle goes way beyond the "F" mark and takes its own time coming to mid-section. But from there on, the descent is comparitively faster. So, the mid-section is not really the half-way mark.
Old 11th April 2010, 00:13   #431
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
We took delivery of Sunlight copper Swift VXi K series about 15 days ago.
Akmar, can you share some pics ? I have also booked a ZXi in Sunlight Copper. Will spend an agonizing month waiting for it...!
Old 11th April 2010, 01:30   #432
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo
I have also booked a ZXi in Sunlight Copper. Will spend an agonizing month waiting for it...!
@sajo, I might be wrong, but I remember reading your car-purchase thread and recollect you deciding on a Figo. Or am I wrong ?
Old 11th April 2010, 08:55   #433
Senior - BHPian

Please see the attached pic. In the pic I have shown the position of needle after filling the complimentary 5 L petrol on the day of delivery (not an actual photo). Going by that, I guess halfway mark will not be too inaccurate. Corrections welcome. Anyway, the car is out on its first long trip, and we will know the actual FE in a day or two. I will update as soon as possible.

@Sajo, I will post more pics later in the day.
Attached Thumbnails
Swift with the K series engine? Update: Launched.-img_5857.jpg  

Last edited by AkMar : 11th April 2010 at 08:56.
Old 11th April 2010, 12:18   #434
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
@sajo, I might be wrong, but I remember reading your car-purchase thread and recollect you deciding on a Figo. Or am I wrong ?
Yes, I indeed had made up my mind to buy the Figo Titanium diesel, but in the end decided I was better off buying a petrol car instead, and what better petrol to have than the K-Series 1.2 ?
In my short TD, I found it quite lacking in zippiness in the initial range (10-30kph, bumper to bumper traffic), which suits my sedate driving style just fine. And yes, the ride is not too bad either, as I was expecting it to shake all my bones loose from their joints.
Old 11th April 2010, 12:44   #435
Senior - BHPian

Attached the pics. Haven't clicked a pic of the engine bay yet. Engine mfg date is 19 Feb 2010.
Attached Thumbnails
Swift with the K series engine? Update: Launched.-img_5815.jpg  

Swift with the K series engine? Update: Launched.-img_5824.jpg  

Swift with the K series engine? Update: Launched.-img_5827.jpg  

Swift with the K series engine? Update: Launched.-img_5841.jpg  

Swift with the K series engine? Update: Launched.-img_5843.jpg  

Swift with the K series engine? Update: Launched.-img_5855.jpg  

Swift with the K series engine? Update: Launched.-img_5856.jpg  

Swift with the K series engine? Update: Launched.-img_5836.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks