Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2010, 13:10   #436
Senior - BHPian

Very nice pics. Congrats on the Swift!

Just an update, Cars India dealer informed me that Swift K-series is now available for TD (at last!).
Old 11th April 2010, 13:20   #437
BHPian

I haven't gone thorugh much of the thread but I just wanted to say their is no point in having the swift anymore IMO! WHen the Ritz was launched, although it had many similarities with the swift, was fundamentally different as it was i guess a bit comfort oriented and not a track burner. On the other hand, the swift was more of a performance oriented car.
With this new update, they wiped out even that difference. The two are almost exactly carbon copies except the looks. Is this justified? NO, in my opinion.
They should have made the swift a harder faster and most importantly more fun to drive car than its predecessor. The Ritz is more than capable of taking care of customers who prefer comfort to performance.
Old 11th April 2010, 13:59   #438
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuderiamania View Post
I haven't gone thorugh much of the thread but I just wanted to say their is no point in having the swift anymore IMO! WHen the Ritz was launched, although it had many similarities with the swift, was fundamentally different as it was i guess a bit comfort oriented and not a track burner. On the other hand, the swift was more of a performance oriented car.
With this new update, they wiped out even that difference. The two are almost exactly carbon copies except the looks. Is this justified? NO, in my opinion.
They should have made the swift a harder faster and most importantly more fun to drive car than its predecessor. The Ritz is more than capable of taking care of customers who prefer comfort to performance.
IMHO Swift & Ritz feel quite different to drive. But you're right, softening the suspension is probably a bad move for enthusiasts like us. Only a TD will tell. On the other hand, many families don't quite like the looks of Ritz (mine is an example), so they are forced to leave it out despite its virtues. At the end of the day, you cannot live with a car that someone in the family hates for its looks. So Swift is still a target as a family car, unfortunately.
Old 12th April 2010, 11:39   #439
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the pics AkMar.
IMHO, Maruti really should have offered more colour options on the Swift. I like the Fire Brick Red available the Ritz, and would have loved to order my Swift with the same.
Old 15th April 2010, 23:16   #440
Senior - BHPian

@Sajo, I completely agree with you regarding colour options on the swift!

I have got the exact FE figure of the K series swift. It is 16.2 kpl (it consumed 37 litres for 600 km). This includes a one way Mumbai - Pune journey & about 50 km of more highway run. Rest is city run, with AC on for more than 80% of the run.
Old 30th April 2010, 23:12   #441
Senior - BHPian

Update: Went with my colleague to Popular's newly opened Pallikaranai showroom to check out the new WagonR. The display WagonR had been sold to someone, so it wasnt there.

I enquired when will be a good time for the Swift petrol test-drive. On my previous visit a person had said that it is available. But the guy I spoke to today said that it is wrong information, and that Popular does not have any petrol Swift for test drive. Further, he told me that getting a Swift petrol for TD is very difficult with any dealer, because Maruti is allocating only one TD Swift (which can be either petrol or diesel) per dealer. The Cars India guy had also told me that petrol Swift is not available for TD.

I am just wondering whether this can be true. I haven't heard this kind of BS anywhere! How can they offer only diesel version for TD, and take bookings (and deliver!) the petrol version? Can it be true that Maruti is giving only one vehicle per dealer?

What confuses me most is, how are people buying cars without test driving them?!
Old 30th April 2010, 23:16   #442
Senior - BHPian

I wonder if this is some kind of pea-brained idea of creating demand or some such idiocy. Obviously, Maruti is a company that can offer test drives on both petrol and diesel versions, and it does on Ritz. Similarly Ford offers TD of both petrol and diesel versions of Figo, as Fiat does with Punto.

Then what is the benefit for the company or the dealer, from denying test drive of petrol Swift alone?

I'm really confused.
Old 3rd May 2010, 10:15   #443
Senior - BHPian

@rajushank84 guess I missed you by a whisker. I was also there at the Pallikarani showroom yesterday to checkout the WagonR at around 12:30 PM. They said that some customer paid up the full amount and took the car hence they don't have a display vehicle. They said the same would be made available today(display vehicle not TD one).

Very difficult to come across a K series Swift for TD. My guess is the petrol variant too has raked up a huge waiting list hence they are short of cars to provide for TD even! The Ritz's engine is a gem and that combined the the Swift's chassis makes for a potent combination. This combined with the 17.9 kmpl ARAI figure for the Swift makes it the most lethal weapon in Maruti's arsenal.

Last edited by longhorn : 3rd May 2010 at 10:21.
Old 3rd May 2010, 12:15   #444
Senior - BHPian

Rajushank, I have taken a TD of the petrol swift here in Pune. No demo car markings on it though. Its a very nice car overall if you FE, refinement and cost compared to comparable competition is considered.

Only negative thing about is the sheer impossibility of getting one.

I am on the phone with 3 dealers since morning and all of them say there is a "shortage" of ZXi variants from Maruti itself.
Old 3rd May 2010, 12:28   #445
BHPian

Hello friends,
I would like to add here that in Delhi the K series 1.2 swift petrol Zxi test drive car is easily available with dealers. I've done it 2 time myself with DD motors, mayapuri.
About the ride:
The car is really refined and its a charm to drive. I went with my friend on about only one year old 1.3 swift and then we had the test drive of this new K-Series swift and we could immediately notice the difference in the engine refinement and suspension as well. The pick up is same as old swift I could not find any less power or more. Even gears slot same click nothing changed with anything except engine while inheriting all the traits from old engine.

The only thing which I did not like was the bad quality of plastics and the doors padding etc making noises when we shut the door. It was new car and still such bad quality.
With swift I could conclude is that we will get a gem of an engine with good if not great A.S.S and then good resale value few years down the line if we sell.

OT: I am still in dilemma now of Swift vs Ritz. Only thing which I did not like in Ritz was that my knee touches the gear box console which is in center and makes leg room cramped. I am just 5.8ft still i find it a bit cramped to sit in Ritz driver seat. May be I am spoiled to sit like king in my 800 with ample space to bend legs while driving. I hope you guys got me what I am pointing to.
Old 3rd May 2010, 12:41   #446
Senior - BHPian

Sameer, how easily is it available in Delhi ?
Old 3rd May 2010, 14:24   #447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Sameer, how easily is it available in Delhi ?
Its readily available for TD. Just like any other car. Just go to DD motors Mayapuri showroom and ask them for TD for new swift K series. A white spanking zxi is always parked there.

Apart from that you can try your hands on new wagonR, Ritz as well.
Old 3rd May 2010, 15:20   #448
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer551 View Post
Its readily available for TD. Just like any other car. Just go to DD motors Mayapuri showroom and ask them for TD for new swift K series. A white spanking zxi is always parked there.

Apart from that you can try your hands on new wagonR, Ritz as well.
I believe Sajo was asking about the waiting period for the K series Swift in Delhi.
Old 3rd May 2010, 16:30   #449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
I believe Sajo was asking about the waiting period for the K series Swift in Delhi.
Oops sorry. The waiting period for petrol lxi or vxi they say 1 month maximum. Some dealers even say 15 days but I would take it 1 month. For diesel variants they were saying 2-3 months something like that. Since I was not into diesel so did not ask much for it.

They also said that white or silver colors which sell more have bit more waiting than other colors which could be arranged even in 20 days.
Old 4th May 2010, 09:32   #450

I am all set to book ZXI. But before booking i want to TD it. I was told by the salesman here (Patel Moters) in indore that they dont have TD vehicle available right now, and he will try to arrange the same in a day or two although they are having a display vehicle (ZXI) available at their showroom. I was also offered to drive that vehicle inside the campus but i refused to do so as i think its not possible to test the engine in such a small area.
Also i was told that if i opt for black or sunlight copper colour then it would be a non refundable booking as Maruti makes such vechile on special orders only . I think Maruti should come up with more colours as all the available colours are too common.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks