Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which car do you like more?
Getz 22 29.73%
Swift 52 70.27%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2005, 11:28   #31
BHPian

Sales Figures

Autocar August issue reports following sales figures;

Swift: 56xx
Getz: 813

I am dying to - but will restrain myself from adding any comments to the above

Cheers

Last edited by Xsailor : 29th July 2005 at 11:30.
Old 30th July 2005, 05:02   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer
I am one of those. I sold my Zen to buy a Swift; but was pissed off due to the waiting period, and the 10000 bucks hike. I don't like being taken for a ride and MUL did just that.
So instead I opted for Getz, the dealer (Nimbus, Noida) treated me like King, I got good discount and the interiors rock. I will prefer Getz anyday over Swift, even if both are available off the shelf now.
I saw a Getz today and was dissapointed with the interiors. Ok I agree that the side trims were better than Swift, but with soo much hyper over Getz interiors I was expecting them to be a lot better. Arent Getz interiors overstated?
Old 30th July 2005, 11:36   #33
Senior - BHPian

Anyone has any idea of total booking of Swift till date. Also I would like to know when GETZ was launched and it's sales till date.

Could anyone help me out with the figures?
Old 3rd August 2005, 13:19   #34
BHPian

I fail to understand why Swift owners are so defensive abt their cars. Guys, I accept that Swift has a more peppy engine and handles better; but Getz interiors (both space and quality) are a class apart.
xsailor, if you wanna compare both cars in flesh, I suggest we meet somewhere in Noida, and let's give a comparo to rest of the gang. It'll be fun. Whatdayasay???

\N
Old 3rd August 2005, 13:48   #35
BHPian

If the Swift delivery time was not what it is, would you have gone for the Getz.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer
I am one of those. I sold my Zen to buy a Swift; but was pissed off due to the waiting period, and the 10000 bucks hike. I don't like being taken for a ride and MUL did just that.
So instead I opted for Getz, the dealer (Nimbus, Noida) treated me like King, I got good discount and the interiors rock. I will prefer Getz anyday over Swift, even if both are available off the shelf now.

I fail to understand why Swift owners are so defensive abt their cars. Guys, I accept that Swift has a more peppy engine and handles better; but Getz interiors (both space and quality) are a class apart.
xsailor, if you wanna compare both cars in flesh, I suggest we meet somewhere in Noida, and let's give a comparo to rest of the gang. It'll be fun. Whatdayasay???
@ntomer
If the Swift delivery time was not what it is, would you have gone for the Getz.....
I am not defensive about my Swift, after all it is just a piece of machinery and someday or the other, I'll just swap it for something better! I like the Swift and yes sir, I prefer it over the Getz. Different strokes for different folks.

Sure, would be great to get together - but not for comparing our wheels - not my cuppa. Let's leave the comparison for boys in the locker room with their Free Willies.
How about drinks? I am down with a spot of flu and should be good-to-go by the weekend (hope so!). Let us plan something then. @tsk1979, you listening too, mate?

Cheers
Old 3rd August 2005, 14:46   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xsailor
@ntomer
I am not defensive about my Swift, after all it is just a piece of machinery and someday or the other, I'll just swap it for something better! I like the Swift and yes sir, I prefer it over the Getz. Different strokes for different folks.

Sure, would be great to get together - but not for comparing our wheels - not my cuppa. Let's leave the comparison for boys in the locker room with their Free Willies.
How about drinks? I am down with a spot of flu and should be good-to-go by the weekend (hope so!). Let us plan something then. @tsk1979, you listening too, mate?

Cheers
Hey Mate,
I had mentioned in one of my earlier mails that now even if both the cars were available off-the-shelf, I wud have gone for Getz ;-) And that being defensive part wasn't directed to you.

By comparo I didn't mean anything stupid, what I meant was a car-magazines type comparison. I am sure t-bhpians wud have liked that, straight from the horses' mouth.

And hey. thanx for the Durga Car Decor address, I went there and fitted Sony 7700 HU and 1621 speakers in my Getz. I got 10% off on the HU and 15% off on the speakers.

I am on for the week-end, which place will be suitable for you?

\N
Old 4th August 2005, 01:59   #37

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

i wud prefer a swift anyday.i wonder why they dont have a yellow colour scheme like they showed on the concept s.it looks menacing in yellow.well it is a hot hatch after the palio 1.6gtx and that definitely goes for it.but i wud prefer that it didnt have such along waiting period.well i have thought of something which wud help anybody decide between the two..."if ur mind rules ur decisions then go for the getz,and if ur heart rules then go for the swift".sounds simple doesnt it.check this pic.
http://img336.imageshack.us/img336/1...tphoto25be.jpg

Last edited by hellspawn : 4th August 2005 at 02:04.
Old 7th September 2005, 23:48   #38
Senior - BHPian

Getz Getz Getz

Swift does well in sales coz they got teh old esteem engine in it. and swift should have had more space in teh rear
Old 8th September 2005, 14:03   #39
BHPian

as i have driven Both of them, and own a Getz,

i would say, IMHO...

1. If looks matter, GO FOR SWIFT!
2. If everythign else but the looks matter, GO FOR THE GETZ!

The pickup in getz and swift... the swift aint that great in it, thou having 5 bhp more than the Getz. The interior comfort i didnt like of the Swift, nor i liked the dashboard, yea the steering wheel is more sporty!

on the other hand, the GETZ handles very good, and has a great big car feel from inside, outside, it look small! the Driving is also more refined n the GETZ. and the Boot space is AMPLE, whereas in Swift u hardly have any boot space!

Mileage is almost equal or More in the GETZ! lotsa ppl here in city have been reporting mileage of Swift of around 8.5 to 9.5 MAX per litre. whereas GETZ, ppl quoting anywhere from 9.5 to 11 ! i am getting 9.5kmpl in the Getz mostly.

Value for Money..hmm.... if u buy a new car, and keep it for 5 years, the VFM factor doesnt arise much, as here the ownership comfort is more important as u will keep it for 5 years, and then there wont be much different in prices of either vehicle! but you would have enjoyed the vehicle more than its value.

A New variant of GETZ is coming out... GLE , very soon in competition to the SWIFT, so have a look at whats on offer i the GLE Version, and compare the price with Swift then decide which Model of Getz you would like, or Swift!
Old 8th September 2005, 15:05   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil
lotsa ppl here in city have been reporting mileage of Swift of around 8.5 to 9.5 MAX per litre
I had tested my Swift many a times and it gives me a mileage of 14 KMPL. Also wants to mention the road Iam using is neither a Highway nor City drive. Use you experience and knowledge for approx calculation of city mileage. Also I don't race my car.

My personal feeling is the front dash board of Swift is better (1000 times) than GETZ.

But I will not prefer to wait so long to own one as in the case of Swift delivery
Old 8th September 2005, 18:34   #41
Team-BHP Support

Sorted this dilemma out today.

Swift- arrogant dealer - rang, made appointment - car not there. 7 months waiting list. They said they will call back but nothing so far.

Getz - lots of space + boot + convenience features. Dash tacky but acceptable. Dealermade effort to sell and were engaged as we walked in.

Advice is :

Only family car = Getz, second personal car = Swift
Old 8th September 2005, 22:34   #42
Senior - BHPian

I am one of the lucky ones who got Swift after a 15k discount and 15 days of waiting in Delhi.
Old 12th September 2005, 09:36   #43

Booked Swift Yesterday

Dear All,

After lot of dilemma, I booked Swift (Non ABS) yesterday and delivery will be in Jan-Feb sometime. Dealer Sai service Pune.

Pune is on the way to Guiness book of world records for the Pathholes created during this heavy rain and I liked Swift's suspension and large tyre size to drive thru it.

And though Swift is not as perfect as Getz, I found it ' enough' suitable for pocket as well as for family of 2+1.

Cheers....
Old 12th September 2005, 13:33   #44
BHPian

Driven both Getz & Swift for almost 5000km each,in the city,on the highway,ghat roads etc.My opinion:

Swift.....driver's car,not suitable for long drives with people in the rear seat & small boot.perfect city car.Av mileage:10.5 kmpl with AC

Getz.....Good in city,very easy to drive,comfy on highways even for 4 tall people.Good car for city as well as highway.Av mileage:9.5kmpl to 10kmpl with AC.
Old 13th September 2005, 00:23   #45
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys, didnt want to open a new thread for this, however needed your ideas to help me decide. My brother has decided to sell his Santro and go in for a bigger hatch. He is considering between Swift VX and Getz GL. Now I personally have Swift and love the car. However there have been some rattling noises in my new car from the seats etc. FE is also ok, but I am looking for a feedback from someone for both the cars. Now that they are similarly priced. He wants ride comfort, looks (favors Swift), features, FE, and low maintainence. He will mostly be using this car for long trips from Chandigarh to Delhi almost every other weekend.
Please chip in with your views!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks