Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which car do you like more?
Getz 22 29.73%
Swift 52 70.27%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2005, 08:47   #1
Senior - BHPian

Getz or Swift

Which one is a better car Getz or Swift. Take into account the FE, the VFM and ASS. Since this topic is so heavily debated, it will be nice to see how people are divided over this in a poll.
Old 22nd July 2005, 08:54   #2

Aseem its really a good poll for people to choose between these two.
Old 22nd July 2005, 09:07   #3
BHPian

how about giving "none" as an option.....now that palio 1.6 is back, and more stuff like fabia, aveo etc.....are on the cards...
Old 22nd July 2005, 09:10   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuRnT RuBbEr
how about giving "none" as an option.....now that palio 1.6 is back, and more stuff like fabia, aveo etc.....are on the cards...
I thought about including Palio 1.6 sport, Corsa Sail and Santro, but than I thought this will become very vague. As I feel the question that is more heavily debated is Getz and Swift. So even knowing that better options are on horizon, I wanted to keep this strictly between these two cars.
Old 22nd July 2005, 09:26   #5
BHPian

come on gentleman, i said "none"....and moreover..it is too early to decide on which of these cars is better...as none has been adequately reviewed on the road... ( no machine is flawless...it is just that which ones have lesser of them....)...

i dont think if any more than say 7000 swifts have been delivered as of yet...maybe 10k....but this is not sufficient.....and some T-bhpians have already been mouthing about the problems coming up in the car...reverse gear, power windows et al.....

anyways, for that matter, my vote will go to the swift....( ignoring the seriously excessive cost cuting...atleast adjustable steering could have been given )....

P.S.: no personal attack intended.
Old 22nd July 2005, 10:17   #6
Senior - BHPian

Last evening a friend of mine, who owns GETZ for the last one year took my Swift to Chengulpatu ( 30 kms from my place one way). He appraised Swift for great handling & great control at higher speeds. Added that he felt comfortable with the GETZ inside space & felt that Swift scores over Getz other than that.

Swift gives me a mileage of 13.10, which is definitely better than Getz. In the after sales support front, my personal opinion is Hyundai is better than Maruti.

Value for money - This depends on what the individual consider as value- It might be mileage for someone or ASS for the other
Old 22nd July 2005, 10:49   #7
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai better in ASS than Maruti :o Is that the case in Chennai because so far i had the opinion & experience other way.

Coming back to Topic

I like Getz in looks as it looks more European than jap but then the Swift is quite conceptish like the NHC. If i have to buy either of them I'll go for Swift.

Last edited by Technocrat : 22nd July 2005 at 10:51.
Old 22nd July 2005, 12:12   #8
Senior - BHPian

It is too early to have a poll like this, unless there is clear winner. Swift is just launched and there is lot of hype surrounding it, which gives it unfair advantage at least right now. I often see, people overestimating their cars and overlooking its problems. (See Baleno/Petra thread for the same). This may not boil down to any rational conclusion, since Swift is too new.
Old 22nd July 2005, 13:46   #9
BHPian

[quote=BuRnT RuBbEr]come on gentleman, i said "none"....and moreover..it is too early to decide on which of these cars is better...

I thought the poll was to count on whic we like better and not Which is better? or Am i wrong..
Old 22nd July 2005, 13:59   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat
Hyundai better in ASS than Maruti :o Is that the case in Chennai because so far i had the opinion & experience other way.
Its difficult to say that which one is better. I have experienced problems with both. But one thing is sure, Maruti ASS is not what it used to be. I think the reason for this might be their very large customer base.
Old 22nd July 2005, 16:21   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem
Which one is a better car Getz or Swift. Take into account the FE, the VFM and ASS. Since this topic is so heavily debated, it will be nice to see how people are divided over this in a poll.
@aseem
Hey mate. I suppose sriny_blr is right. In your first post, quoted above, you ask "which one is a better car..." where as the thread is marked "Getz or Swift? Which car do you like more?" - IMHO, lot of difference there. Perhaps a minor correction will sort this.

BTW, I voted for the Swift (I own one ).

Great poll, neverthless and congratulations on your TBHP BHPian pips.

Cheers
Old 22nd July 2005, 18:18   #12
Senior - BHPian

Yes, I think the poll can be viewed as which car you like more. Go ahead with your opinions with your perception or known information. You dont neccesarily have to own the cars, just tell what you feel and why you feel.
Old 23rd July 2005, 22:43   #13
Senior - BHPian

Well if you look at the overall package, i think Getz scores here.. its a perfect car for medium size families, and can carry 5 people with ease.. performance wise nothing much to choose between the two, except for the fact that Swift is more suited for highways and its more of an enthusiastics car.. Getz is a capable city mover..

A.S.S is roughly the same for both as well.
Old 23rd July 2005, 23:05   #14
Senior - BHPian

swift has a climatronic ac and abs, airbags, ebd with brake assist.

6 cpu's( I wonder why they didnt provide GPS with internet access in the car.(LOL)

It also has a rally based suspension system.

getz only has abs.

For a sensible buyer Swift gets the hands up as it has more features at the price, gets a good resale in the end and has a strong maruti network.

getz is for the young enthusiast who wants sport sharp styling.Also has space for 5 college dudes to get in comfortable.

As A personal car I would prefer getz(how about a swift with baleno engine??????) but as a family car I find the swift to be the best.
Old 24th July 2005, 00:37   #15
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
swift has a climatronic ac and abs, airbags, ebd with brake assist.
I suppose we are not considering only Zxi version of Swift.... All versions to be looked upon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks