Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2009, 10:41   #211
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
As the Auto Expo is at the door step Maruti has come up with the new cars for 2010. MSIL is launching its two new cars luxury KIZASHI and SX4 hatchback. In addition to these two models the expected MUL Eeco will also be unveiled. The detail news in the clipping attached herewith. News Source The Hindu Chennai 31st Dec
Maruti Suzuki India is not yet launching the Kizashi in India. I guess they are just showcasing the product, the launch in India will be in 2011
Old 31st December 2009, 12:08   #212
BHPian

I suppose mahindra is set to showcase the mahindra navistar trucks in this expo. Saw a full page ad in TOI today. The HV segment is getting intersting now.
Old 31st December 2009, 12:49   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guru View Post
too bad the production kizahashi car doesn't look like what they have in the pic
The production car is now even close to the latest concept. Not even within 100 miles. The Red one you see in the paper cutting was the first concept. The Silver one you see below is I think the third and last concept. And the other one below with round fog lamp is the production version. See the difference in these two pics.
Attached Thumbnails
AUTO EXPO 2010 - What to Expect ?-05_kizashi3live.jpg  

AUTO EXPO 2010 - What to Expect ?-suzukikizashigtsreview_03.jpg  

Old 31st December 2009, 14:20   #214
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Actually felt the v3 kziashe concept was quite close the the real production version except for the front fog lights, the bonnet is ofcourse more scooped in the production version to have better aerodymanics. The headlights upfront are actually quite close the concept though they are wider than the eye slits in the concepts.
Old 31st December 2009, 16:05   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Actually felt the v3 kziashe concept was quite close the the real production version except for the front fog lights, the bonnet is ofcourse more scooped in the production version to have better aerodymanics. The headlights upfront are actually quite close the concept though they are wider than the eye slits in the concepts.
Still the Version 3 Concept is far better looking than the production one...I wish they could have kept this... It could have given some nice looking car on the indian roads other than Civic.
Old 31st December 2009, 17:43   #216
BHPian

happened to read in the very forum that the new facelifted palio and nissan muv is going to be showcased in expo. The facelifted palio defenitely looks good
Old 31st December 2009, 20:33   #217
Senior - BHPian

Came across these two news articles and the first one is shocking.

1) Renault Sandero, Nissan Micra,Ford Figo, Hyundai small car and Skoda small car to miss Auto Expo

Source : Renault Sandero, Nissan Micra,Ford Figo, Hyundai small car and Skoda small car to miss Auto Expo | Vicky.in | Indian Automobile Blog | Car Reviews | Bike Reviews | Test Drive Reports | Pictures | Videos

Article :
Quote:
2010 Delhi Auto Expo will witness launch of more than 10 new cars. But nothing can quench the thirst of true auto enthusiast. Here are list of 10 cars that are most expected to be showcased at 2010 Auto Expo but not. We all wanted these cars at Auto Expo, but unfortunately we won’t see them. Contrary to what you read in other media, we have confirmed reports that Renault Sandero, Nissan Micra and Ford Figo won’t be part of Auto Expo. Hyundai ultra low cost car (Nano competitor), Skoda small car (Hyundai i10 competitor), Fiat Linea 1.6L diesel, Honda Jazz Automatic, Hyundai i10 diesel, Mitsubishi Lancer EvoX and Toyota Corolla Altis diesel.
I think that Nissan and Ford both claimed, directly or indirectly, that Auto Expo will be time when they will unveil the car.

2) Maruti to launch low cost Alto and upgraded Alto

Source : Maruti to launch low cost Alto and upgraded Alto | Vicky.in | Indian Automobile Blog | Car Reviews | Bike Reviews | Test Drive Reports | Pictures | Videos

Article :
Quote:
To set a unique stage for itself, Maruti is seeking the platform of Auto expo in New Delhi for a wider spectrum of its range. In addition to concept MPV, Maruti is to display a concept SUV. In all these years Maruti has been serving the Indian customers with cars developed by its apex Suzuki Japan. Now for the first time, Maruti’ s indigenously developed Concept SUV would be available at the Auto Expo. (The engineers from Marui visit Suzuki for developing Swift).

Maruti is in no hurry about this SUV since only the concept is devised now and it may be ready for launch by 2012. Maruti’s range of cars at the Expo will include an electric version and the recently launched Eeco MPV ( a replacement for Versa MPV). This is dual purpose vehicle – cargo and passenger car- meeting BS IV norms; equipped with 1200cc petrol engine; comes in three variants of 5-seater standard, 5-seater AC and a 7-seater.
Maruti targets to sell 40000 Eecos within the first year of its launch.

According to the company’s Chief GM, Versa was wrongly positioned as the customers were not willing to recognize it as luxury car and this made the company to refine the platform for Eeco. This new Eeco will cost lesser than Versa’s Rs3.5 -4.25lakhs. The C segment, with Omni already doing well(8000 -10000 units /month), will be boosted with this Eeco and if needed cargo version of this Eeco will be designed by the company.

Maruti has a different strategic scheme for 2010. Eeco is ready for launch at Auto Expo; upgraded Alto is set for April 2010; low-cost Alto (replacing M800) by mid year. In the meantime, the sales for the year end is to be a repeat of November while not similar to the ones in 2008. In all the projected sale is an increase of 18-20% this fiscal.
If low cost Alto is coming, where will YE3 go ? Or is YE3 the upgraded Alto based on new Wagon R that is going to be launched ? Or is the low cost Alto the new YE3 ?
Old 1st January 2010, 10:09   #218
BHPian

i see a lot of speculation on the new palio 2010.lets wait and watch till jan 5.
Old 1st January 2010, 11:12   #219
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atul-C View Post
The production car is now even close to the latest concept. Not even within 100 miles. The Red one you see in the paper cutting was the first concept. The Silver one you see below is I think the third and last concept. And the other one below with round fog lamp is the production version. See the difference in these two pics.
Atleast the final production version is decent looking, if not radical.
Imagine the horror when one saw the production version of the A-Star after seeing the concept!
Old 1st January 2010, 11:48   #220
Senior - BHPian

I agree with you Ben.
The production version does look radical.

I think A-star was mishandled bigtime and the ensuing sales show enough proof of that.

One of the many recent failures of MUL
Old 1st January 2010, 13:18   #221
Senior - BHPian

Is Fabia 1.9 Tdi stand a chance of getting launched at this expo ? Or even the 1.6 ltr Petrol ?
Old 2nd January 2010, 11:14   #222
Senior - BHPian

Besides the T-Jet for Linea, there have been rumors of a 1600cc diesel too...is that true?

btw...does anybody have an idea what would be the ticket prices for general visitors?

Last edited by coolkurt : 2nd January 2010 at 11:16.
Old 2nd January 2010, 11:52   #223
Senior - BHPian

I came across this news.

Source : Expo-sure!

Article :

Quote:
Maruti might be under attack in the small car space, but don’t think India’s largest car manufacturer is going to stay laid-back. It will bring five important cars to the show - the production Suzuki Kizashi sedan, the R III MPV concept, the Eeco MPV, YR9 small car and the Y3 small car concept. The Kizashi is Suzuki’s first attempt at a D-segment saloon and it looks like a winner, with its styling as well as build quality. Powered by the same 2.4-litre petrol engine from the Grand Vitara, but with more power and a six-speed sequential auto, the Kizashi might be here in India by late-2010/early-2011 at a price that would wean a whole lot of Honda Accord and VW Jetta buyers away. The Eeco is nothing more than a Versa facelift, with a Euro-IV ready 1.2-litre K Series engine. It will be priced around Rs 4 lakh and offers better value than the outgoing Versa. Another MPV concept is the R III, which will be an all-new MPV to take on the likes of the Mahindra Xylo. Based on the SX4 platform, the R III will boast of a 1.3-litre Multijet diesel and a 1.4-litre K Series engine when it goes on sale in late-2011.

The YR9 is the Wagon-R replacement that is wider and more comfortable on the inside, with better quality interiors and a 1.2-litre petrol engine. The YR3 is Maruti Suzuki’s first indigenous product to be designed, developed and manufactured here. It is being designed as an 800 replacement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
Besides the T-Jet for Linea, there have been rumors of a 1600cc diesel too...is that true?

btw...does anybody have an idea what would be the ticket prices for general visitors?

There are chances. Fiat and Suzuki had deal for 1.3, 1.6 and 1.9 diesel units. But Fiat is delaying technology transfer to Suzuki for 1.6 and 1.9 because it wants to Launch 1.6 D linea first. They dont want the 1.3 story to be repeated.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 2nd January 2010 at 11:57.
Old 2nd January 2010, 23:20   #224
BHPian

I have been visiting many forums and many of them still believe that Linea 1.6 wil be coming in Auto Expo.
Lets see what happens.
Old 3rd January 2010, 00:01   #225
Senior - BHPian

I'm disappointed about the Ford no-show. They didn't exhibit last time too. And, the FIGO launch has been postponed to March. I guess i'll have to make merry looking at the ghastly DC displays, like last time.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks