Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2005, 11:23   #16
Senior - BHPian

I liked the changes done, as rightly said Alto was the one car which needed an upgrade desperately coz that was the regiona where it lacked the most. Now only if they start producing the VXi again
Old 4th August 2005, 15:59   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuRnT RuBbEr
.. what is contemporary in that car???
Hahaha!! And even more important, what is the technology in that car?
Old 4th August 2005, 16:07   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjacob
what is the technology in that car?

forgot that part dude, my mistake
Old 4th August 2005, 21:57   #19
Senior - BHPian

Maruti have done a great job by freshening the looks of the Alto, I never really liked the old Alto's looks
Old 21st September 2005, 21:13   #20
BHPian

The new ALTO - Simply Superb Styling

I have just bought a new Alto LX.
Just got it a little dressing and now it looks terrific.

Here are a few snaps of it.

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/608/image2704kz.jpg

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/8376/image2716hd.jpg

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/3106/image2734ik.jpg

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/4153/image2741ia.jpg

I have really seen people turning around and trying to figure out what car is it. People dont really take it as an Alto in the 1st Go.

The things that have really really improved the look are
1. Front Bumber and Grille
2. Clear Headlamps and Taillamps
3. The new "Carribean Blue" - This car simply looks excellent in this color.

Check out the photos yourself
Old 21st September 2005, 22:00   #21
Senior - BHPian

New alto looks much better than the old one(I own one). As Ranendra mentioned, the blue color compliments the car well...Alto is a pretty decent car for its price but the grievience starts after probably 2yrs when the car starts rattling harder than a rattle snake..hheeeheheee...The C pillar starts making funny sounds despite of repetitive fixing. The car as everyone knows is underpowered but on a highway after few mins of high revving, it turns into a completely different car, God knows how and why!!! I have found it so difficult to even reach 90kmph mark during on and off traffic but when I get into a highway and after constant 4k rpm, reaching 100kmph mark becomes damn easy, dont now if its the same with all alto's...I have abused the car to nth degree as its just a utility vehicle at home, may be thats the problem with the rattling and stuff... Or may be Im toooo used to my Vtec luxury!!!
Old 21st September 2005, 22:11   #22
BHPian

The angle and light of the first and third photgraph is simply awsome.. you could've snapped it with a digicam instead of cell-cam. You can also change the license plate and probably go for a sleeker one with a slightly smaller font (comic sans) and place it in the middle of the grill.. my 2 paise advise..
The car surely looks good with the color and shine.
Old 22nd September 2005, 07:16   #23
BHPian

I wonder why Maruti is so thrifty about providing the LX and LXi versions of the Alto with body color bumper as a standard feature. The car looks ugly with the black bumpers. Now that the VXi is out, there is no reason why Maruti should refrain from making this car look as gorgeous as possible.

Thanks Protege for your suggestion. The "licence plate" is the showroom default and in fact when I first saw the car in the showroom it had a sleeker and longer plate with "ALTO" written on it. It looked good. But when it was delivered they had replaced it with this one. I'll change it to see if it looks good.

One thing I noticed. The gas pedal has very minimal depth. In fact it seems to be even less than that of 800. You press it and within an inch or two it touches the bottom. Is this normal, or has the company purposefully slackened it for the "runin period"? Any advise.

However, I should say that this car definitely has a big car like ride quality. The ones who are accustomed to riding 800s, Zens or Santros this car feels much more solid.

I have purchased this car a week back and had just filled it up to its brim once (35 liters). Till today it has run 470 kms with the fuel gauge still an inch over the red mark. I have used the A/C almost 70% of the time and driven it in the congested Kolkatan roads. No highway runs till date. Does'nt the figures raise suspicion considering that this is a new car. Can there be an odo error?
Old 22nd September 2005, 10:09   #24
BHPian

Rajendra,
also try make the mirrors and door handles body color, sure its going to spruce up the looks
Old 22nd September 2005, 10:39   #25
Senior - BHPian

@Rajendra: Nice looking car man, did you have to pay extra for getting teh colored bumpers ? If yes then How much ?? also get the outside rear view mirrors of Zen(they came with the VXi) & believe me they are very usefull & give the car a chick look :-)
Old 22nd September 2005, 11:02   #26
BHPian

Technocrat and Catamaran, first of all thanks for your suggestions. However there's a small correction that you would need to make. I am Ranendra not Rajendra... Dont worry about it. Since school days everyone had been making this mistake

Yes, I did have to pay extra for the body color bumpers... its around Rs 2,700/-. I got it done from the showroom (Mohan Motors, Kolkata). But beware, even after getting it done at the showroom I find a difference in color tone between the body and the bumper. They tried to explain me that this was natural since both the materials are different (metal vs fiber). However, I feel that this color "Carribean Blue" itself shows differen shades under the sun at different angle. The new car initially lacked the shine so I myself had it washed with "Formula 1" car wash and wax.

I asked the showroom guys to provide me the Alto Vx i mirrors, but they said that its discontinued. I need to search for them. Someone said that a pair of them costs around Rs 3,000/- I feel that's too high. In fact the LHS mirror was also not a part of the standard accessory.

Anyway thanks for the suggestions.

Last edited by Ranendra : 22nd September 2005 at 11:09.
Old 22nd September 2005, 11:27   #27
Senior - BHPian

Oops sorryf ofor the name goof up. As about diff in color they are right, how do i know? coz my dad has an Alto VXi :-) & we obesrved the same there as well though not much noticeable but there's surely a diff.

About the mirrors one mirror comes for arnd Rs1100. u can put just the right one for now & put left one later :-)
Old 22nd September 2005, 11:51   #28
BHPian

Thanks man.

I just joined this forum yesterday. Initially I felt a little shy making noise amongst such knowledgable people driving the best of the beasts on road. But you all have made me feel very comfortable.

Thanks everybody.
Old 22nd September 2005, 12:15   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranendra
Technocrat and Catamaran, first of all thanks for your suggestions. However there's a small correction that you would need to make. I am Ranendra not Rajendra... Dont worry about it. Since school days everyone had been making this mistake
Welcome to the club. And I am typeO. *LOL* Nice looking car you have there. Ar eyou in Salt Lake btw?
Old 22nd September 2005, 12:31   #30
Senior - BHPian

i haven't seen an alto with head rest for back seats.
isn't it dangerous? for impact from back quite likely on our signals.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks