Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2010, 15:33   #46
BHPian

Hi rehaan,
Great pictures. As for the price, the Kizashi is touted to be priced b/w 10-12 lacs and if that is the case it is going to cause some serious dent to the accord and camry as some of the options available in the kizashi is available in top end models. Am attaching a link here which makes great reading regarding the kizashi. Cheers

Suzuki Kizashi launch at Auto Expo 2010 - Suzuki Kizashi photo gallery and price in India | DWS Auto India

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
Maruti please bring on the SX4 Crossover.

I did some simple calculation to get expected pricing for SX4 Crossover & Kizashi referring Suzuki US price.

SX4 Sedan = $13,359 = Rs. 6,84,400 (Ex-Show. Pune)
SX4 Crossover = $15,849 = Rs. 8,11,944
Kizashi = $18,999 = Rs. 9,73,318

I wont be surprised to see Maruti launching Kizashi base variant @ 9.7Lakh (Ex-Show) if its build here!!
Old 6th January 2010, 16:00   #47
BHPian

Do they have any plans of launching the SX4 hatch in India?
It looks cool. Looks more like a mini SUV

Any pictures of Eeko?
Old 6th January 2010, 16:15   #48
BHPian

Kizashi s good... so s the SX4 hatch...

The MODS are horrendous...!!! yuck...
Old 6th January 2010, 17:20   #49
Senior - BHPian

I need to ask experts one safty question which I have in my mind after seeing this R3 which is from Maruti.

How safe is this concept of no pillar between the two doors? Driver door and back door.
Old 6th January 2010, 17:27   #50
BHPian

I have some doubt about all these concept cars and modded cars.

After this expo finishes and all the expos which are going to happen this year, what exactly happens to these concept cars and modded cars?

Do these get dumped in junkyard or few lucky ones with good contacts get to buy them?

I have some serious doubts on this, please clear it.
Old 6th January 2010, 17:32   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

The structure would be sufficiently reinforced to do away with the Pillar
Old 6th January 2010, 19:55   #52
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
....Surprised to see a layer of dust on the dash of the Kizashi? I always thought these display models are kept spanking clean
Flash photography can amplify a lot. You wouldn't have noticed if you were there in person. Also every stall had people working non-stop cleaning the cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsanjayrao View Post
Any pictures of Eeko?
Unveiling is scheduled for tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
How safe is this concept of no pillar between the two doors? Driver door and back door.
The roof and floor would have to be re-enforced further in order to compensate for the structural loss of the B-pillar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikacin View Post
Overall design is good, however the exhaust pipes should have been integrated rather than sticking out. They somehow spoil the overall well balanced rear view.
I'm not sure what you mean, but i think once again its the flash that shows the circular pipes within the exhaust openings, which actually aren't easily seen when you see the car in person.

cya
R
Old 6th January 2010, 19:57   #53
Senior - BHPian

By Maruti standards, that's one bizarre stall !! I agree though, definitely amongst the most interesting stands at the show. Love the Kizashi, but the rear lip on the boot is too big IMO, ruins the look. They should consider fixing that. Couple of nice bodykits there, except the fugly pink A-Star and DC-jaw'ed Swift job.
Old 6th January 2010, 20:40   #54
Senior - BHPian

Most of the mod jobs done by MSIL for the AutoExpo'10 will find a safe place at the wierd & wacky mod jobs thread!
Old 6th January 2010, 20:57   #55
Senior - BHPian

After Maruti launched Ritz, I use to think that what else can be done to make it look even more uglier but now I got the answer. Look at that Ritz while interiors are like they are painted using a wood primer and dual exhaust tip I cant stop laughing!! C'mon Maruti give me some chance to praise you guys. By the way IMO Kizashi is exactly NOT same as Kizashi 3 concept!! It looks like bigger and more rounded version of current SX4 sedan. It may have all the goodies and excellent interiors but overall shape and styling is not attractive.
Old 6th January 2010, 22:30   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post

I'm not sure what you mean, but i think once again its the flash that shows the circular pipes within the exhaust openings, which actually aren't easily seen when you see the car in person.

cya
R

What I meant was that the rear exhaust outlet could have been expanded and molded in the shape of the its chrome bracket thus integrating with the bumper itself as we seen in some other high end sedans and suvs, rather than having small diameter ends.
Any how the car sure is appealing. Am loving it.
Old 6th January 2010, 23:08   #57
BHPian

Thanks rehaan for the photos. Kizashi, sx4 hatch and r111 were great, but all other mod cars were eye sore. whats wrong with Maruti . i would rather suggest them to pick mod cars from couple of bhpians to display in their stall, that sure have brought in more flashes..
Old 6th January 2010, 23:21   #58
Senior - BHPian

Hi friends,

Whether beautiful or ugly. In India Maruti is the best for the rural or urban people.From 800 to Kizashi except Versa,Gypsy which model did not sell or out dated. Swift and Ritz too got critizism of the look. Both are going on waiting period. Like that Kizashi,R3 and EEco will also get welcome. Maruti has people for all its models and variants. They are the only pople of Indian system with cheap spares and nook and corner service station. So it will get welcome by different walks of people for different models and variants.
Old 7th January 2010, 01:07   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post

Can anyone tell me where can I find the Front Bumper complete with the Fog Lamps as seen on the car in the pic. It looks very different from the production model and gives character to the ALTO.
Old 7th January 2010, 02:37   #60
BHPian

Some real ugly modifications there. Kizashi looks promising though.

What about the new Wagon-R? Are they not going to show it now?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks