Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapezio View Post
Any pictures of the Starbus/hybrid?
Here you go :
Tata Motors at the Auto Expo 2010-img_2725-custom.jpg

Tata Motors at the Auto Expo 2010-img_2727-custom.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikacin View Post
Just being curious, What does the 'L' indicate in the Prima's gear knob?
My guess is that it is for "Low" or "Lug" -- ie a very low ratio.

Some more info on the gears (this was on the sun-visor of the same truck)
Tata Motors at the Auto Expo 2010-img_2464-custom.jpg

And the truck even had this near the beds :
Tata Motors at the Auto Expo 2010-img_2465-large.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag_p80 View Post
The premium sedan is called the Prima, and so is the truck range.....they run out of names or something?
You can say that again!
Same thing applies for the Aria, which was actually a sporty coupe shown by Tata in Geneva many years back : See my post here

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 9th January 2010 at 15:32.
Old 9th January 2010, 15:34   #107
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Can you please some pictures of the Nano and the Grande? That floruscent Nano looks promising!
Here you go :
Tata Motors at the Auto Expo 2010-p1030498-large.jpg
Tata Motors at the Auto Expo 2010-p1030499-large.jpg

The Manza looked really nice in this color, in person
Tata Motors at the Auto Expo 2010-p1030500-large.jpg

Beast!
Tata Motors at the Auto Expo 2010-p1030497-large.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Can someone please post some more pictures of the Venture?
More of the Venture :
Tata Motors at the Auto Expo 2010-img_2450-custom.jpg

The black paneling to make it appear like a "continuous" rear window is a GREAT idea. Typically the type of styling you see only on design models and concept cars - glad that Tata has used it to their advantage here.
Tata Motors at the Auto Expo 2010-img_2432-custom.jpg

Cool little pulse like graphic in part of the heating elements on the rear window. A Tata designer with a sense of humour? (Or it is something else?)
Tata Motors at the Auto Expo 2010-img_2437-custom.jpg

Rear-most windows only open like this.
Tata Motors at the Auto Expo 2010-img_2441-custom.jpg

What is that grille for?
Tata Motors at the Auto Expo 2010-img_2443-custom.jpg

Tata Motors at the Auto Expo 2010-img_2447-custom.jpg

Last edited by Rehaan : 9th January 2010 at 15:43.
Old 9th January 2010, 15:55   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
I wonder if it will be RTO approved. Over here in Goa, only those tinted glasses which have a certain percentage of visibility are permitted under the law.
This is just the concept. The production version will either be tinted glasses within permissible limits or the transparent glasses. Someone said this is based on super ace platform. Which seems to be true.

Now I am confused. I checked the post http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ller-omni.html

This tata ace van is indeed Venture. But the interiors are boring in production version (black in colour) where as the auto expo version has nice beige colour interiors. I am getting a feeling that these Venture interiors are just for auto expo and what we get will be the ones posted on the tata ace van forum. Am I right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Here you go :cya
R
Thank Rehaan for sharing the hybrid starbus info. You are doing great job on the great tata company which is moving in right directions in every segment of indian automobile industry. Hats off to both of you
Old 9th January 2010, 16:15   #109
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Cool little pulse like graphic in part of the heating elements on the rear window. A Tata designer with a sense of humour? (Or it is something else?)
Usually that pulse is there to prevent the rear wiper blade from melting. If the blade were to rest at the same point as one of the demister lines the blade could completely melt. This reduces the heat as the zig zag design distributes it evenly.

You can notice that sedans usually don't have these and only a few hatches have it.

Usually I have noticed the whole line is zig zag and not just a single pulse.
Old 9th January 2010, 18:53   #110
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Usually that pulse is there to prevent the rear wiper blade from melting. If the blade were to rest at the same point as one of the demister lines the blade could completely melt. This reduces the heat as the zig zag design distributes it evenly.

You can notice that sedans usually don't have these and only a few hatches have it.

Usually I have noticed the whole line is zig zag and not just a single pulse.
Must say that the VENTURE looks like the Merc MUV. Looking at it, seems to be based on the ACE platform. So on what power plant does the VENTURE run ? Is TATA seriously going to release it. Because I personally like the design and want to know th pricing and technical specs.
Old 9th January 2010, 19:04   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by erohit View Post

This tata ace van is indeed Venture.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujith1100 View Post
Looking at it, seems to be based on the ACE platform. So on what power plant does the VENTURE run ? Is TATA seriously going to release it. Because I personally like the design and want to know th pricing and technical specs.
Its based on the up-coming Super Ace.Its going to use the Indica 1.4 TDi diesel motor.I like it!
Old 9th January 2010, 19:08   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujith1100 View Post
Must say that the VENTURE looks like the Merc MUV. Looking at it, seems to be based on the ACE platform. So on what power plant does the VENTURE run ? Is TATA seriously going to release it. Because I personally like the design and want to know th pricing and technical specs.
The Venure is based on the super ace platform. The engine will be 1.4L Diesel engine currently doing duty on the Indica vista TDI.
Old 9th January 2010, 19:22   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This tata ace van is indeed Venture. But the interiors are boring in production version (black in colour) where as the auto expo version has nice beige colour interiors. I am getting a feeling that these Venture interiors are just for auto expo and what we get will be the ones posted on the tata ace van forum. Am I right?
NO the one which you are referring to is not the production version. its a rough trial version. the production might be in beige as well as black trim version, but definitely the one in first pic is very crude , read as unfinished trim.
Old 9th January 2010, 19:25   #114
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
Its based on the up-coming Super Ace.Its going to use the Indica 1.4 TDi diesel motor.I like it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nishant_242 View Post
The Venure is based on the super ace platform. The engine will be 1.4L Diesel engine currently doing duty on the Indica vista TDI.
Hey thats cool, I guess the VENTURE will be light in weight and hence the Engine should be powerful enough. When can it expected to be lunched ? Will it be available for private buyers or only as commercial ?
Old 9th January 2010, 19:44   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Here you go :
Thank you Rehaan.

Do you have anything on the orange one displayed? That looked impressive as well.
Old 9th January 2010, 20:08   #116
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
This is just the concept. The production version will either be tinted glasses within permissible limits or the transparent glasses.
True point! The permissible max darkness of tints will definitely change the look.

However, like some other countries - perhaps we also need to enforce these laws ONLY for the front driver and passenger windows ? -- since vans with no windows at the rear exist anyway...

Quote:
But the interiors are boring in production version (black in colour) where as the auto expo version has nice beige colour interiors. I am getting a feeling that these Venture interiors are just for auto expo and what we get will be the ones posted on the tata ace van forum. Am I right?
I'm bet the interiors will be stepped up from what is currently offered on the ace!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Usually that pulse is there to prevent the rear wiper blade from melting....
Brilliant info Vid!! Thanks. Learned something new today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapezio View Post
Do you have anything on the orange one displayed? That looked impressive as well.
Sorry - did not manage to get any pictures of that (it was not a hybrid).

cya
R
Old 9th January 2010, 20:16   #117
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a lot Rehaan. Wonderful pictures. Any one has got any idea if its crash tested yet? I need a family mover and Venture or the Ecco are superb alternatives.
Old 9th January 2010, 20:22   #118
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
....BTW have you seen anything from Premier (PAL)? After all they were a competitor of TATA..they used to make lorries till the early 1970's - Premier Fargo trucks if I remember correctly.
Have uploaded a few for you here : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1674161-post584.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudan_NFS View Post
Did anybody noticed that venture has .... no door for passenger on right side.
Smart way to save costs. Reminds me of that anecdote where a retired employee from a matchbox making company tells his CEO that he knows a simple way to save them $xx million a year >> put the match-lighting strip on only one side of the matchbox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pardus View Post
....I like the AC vents on the side pillars....
That too B AND C pillars!

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 9th January 2010 at 20:23.
Old 9th January 2010, 20:27   #119
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Two more pics from inside the ambulance :

Tata Motors at the Auto Expo 2010-img_2723-custom.jpg

Tata Motors at the Auto Expo 2010-img_2724-custom.jpg

cya
R
Old 9th January 2010, 20:38   #120
Senior - BHPian

My favourite TATA vehicle is.....not the Aria or the hopped up Indica but the PRIMA truck. Looks mesmerizing.

Quote:

What is that grille for?
If its mid engine like Omni that could be the air intake or maybe HVAC exhaust or just a styling feature

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks