Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2005, 17:16   #1
BHPian

Nhc - Vtec?

Is the NHC VTEC version visually different from the regular one? I saw a white NHC with temp plates on Saturday on the Greater Noida Expressway. It had the front and rear bumpers heavily masked with tape.

It was going the other way so couldn't get more details.

Gears,
Red-One
Old 6th September 2005, 17:44   #2
Senior - BHPian

Red one ,

yes the NHC vtec has got minor body changes - infact from Nov 05 onwards the shape for all the NHC's is changing . the rear lights have been changes and there is a very prominent grill than the one that the car has right now and the bonnet doesnt go all the way down like it does in this current model .

How do i know ? well - we have recd schedules and have been informed of the change in production schedule for the NHC. infact Honda has stopped taking orders for the current NHC and in Sept and Oct will only produce the cars for the orders that have already been placed. from Nov 05 - its the new shape NHC in all the versions - the EXi , GXi , CVT and The VTEC.

Ovaah n Ouut
Old 6th September 2005, 18:12   #3
Senior - BHPian

yep..
vtec or non- vtec they will both have the same body design...but will they have the same suspension setup ?
vtec on a NHC is a bad idea ..the car has zero handling unless ..(how many NHC's do we see ripping the roads ?)
Old 6th September 2005, 18:55   #4
BANNED

It's sure they will chance the looks of Currently NHC actually i'm buying a Nhc this month end so can i wait or buy it ,when it's going to be available ? Any picture ? Any help would be greatly appreciated !
Old 6th September 2005, 19:18   #5
BHPian

Check this months AutoCar India for the face lifted NHC. And it is mentioned that from Nov'05 India will get this version.
Old 6th September 2005, 19:59   #6
Senior - BHPian

hey a query for the OHC Vtec owner ...
the OHC Vtec in the south asian market came with a stiffened suspension ..
was it the same with the indianOHC VTEC?
Old 6th September 2005, 20:04   #7
BHPian

[quote=normally_crazy]Red one ,
yes the NHC vtec has got minor body changes - infact from Nov 05 onwards the shape for all the NHC's is changing . the rear lights have been changes and there is a very prominent grill than the one that the car has right now and the bonnet doesnt go all the way down like it does in this current model .
[/QUOTE

it will also have a spoiler if i am right.
Old 6th September 2005, 20:16   #8
Senior - BHPian

Probably one of the test vehicles from the Honda SIEL manufacturing plant in Surajpur, Greater Noida. I'm guess you assumed it was a vtec coz it was of a different exterior? I sincerely hope they launch the vtec with the facelifted version in nov!
Old 6th September 2005, 20:28   #9
BANNED

Is this coming ?

Last edited by unknown : 6th September 2005 at 20:31.
Old 6th September 2005, 20:49   #10
BANNED

Or this is the new nhc !
Old 6th September 2005, 22:57   #11
Team-BHP Support

ACi this month talks about the new City and Vtec is in pipeline. the new city is bigger and better looking too.
Old 6th September 2005, 22:58   #12
Senior - BHPian

Hey Guys, great news.
VTEC has one inch bigger wheels than the base model.
Old 6th September 2005, 23:07   #13
Senior - BHPian

I think the car in the second pic the blue city is supposed to be coming. But when is it coming and what about the vtec is it true or just rumours?

Drifter
Old 6th September 2005, 23:42   #14

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

well this is the rear of the new city.compared to the old nhc it still looks better.by diwali the new nhc will start rolling out.honda is also launching the new nhc along with their increasing the manufacturing capacity so that the delay in deliveries gets sorted out.this is much is confirmed.as for the vtec,honda is still contemplating cos people have preferred the nhc for its f.e. and its interiors.plonking in a vtec will raise its prices and honda is not sure if people will buy it or not.so lets wait and see.well it wudnt hurt to have another variant in its line up with a better engine.

Last edited by hellspawn : 6th September 2005 at 23:43.
Old 6th September 2005, 23:52   #15
BHPian

Yeah,read about the NHC version from ACI Sep 2005 issue.
Well,guys,I don't think the NHC VTEC is coming to India atleast until late 2006,I think they're launching the Civic in early/mid 2006 before launching the VTEC City out here..
So,for Nov. launch,the NHC will have minor mods like the front bumper,fog lights,rear tail lights,also interiors there are neatly placed storage spaces below the rear seat..
Engine specs will surely remain the same,and prices are expected to be raised by about 4-5% from the current prices of the NHC for the new model.
Cheers,
sr

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks