Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2010, 14:32   #76
BHPian

nice find ! the frontal portion reminds me of the EVO X.(esp the headlights) Now when is that car gonna come down man!?
Old 10th March 2010, 14:35   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_e46 View Post
nice find ! the frontal portion reminds me of the EVO X.(esp the headlights) Now when is that car gonna come down man!?
Walk down to the nearest Mitsubishi dealership and your wish shall come true .

This thread needs to be in the Indian car section.
Old 10th March 2010, 14:43   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Walk down to the nearest Mitsubishi dealership and your wish shall come true .
Thats really good news speedy .. Are they selling it ? I gotta go check it out asap
Old 10th March 2010, 14:48   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thats really good news speedy .. Are they selling it ? I gotta go check it out asap
Yes the Outlander is on sale for more than a year now. This one is the latest Facelifted version. Hence the resemblance to the Evo. Looks like Evo X on stilts ??

Agree with Speedy, belongs in the Indian Car Scene section. Afaik, it is a CKD not a CBU.

Last edited by Scorcher : 10th March 2010 at 14:51.
Old 10th March 2010, 14:56   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Yes the Outlander is on sale for more than a year now. This one is the latest Facelifted version. Hence the resemblance to the Evo. Looks like Evo X on stilts ?? .
Im talking of the evo x and whether they are allowing you to test/buy it?
About the Outlander- Nothing was done to the rear end though ? Looks pretty much the same as the prev. generation
Old 10th March 2010, 15:05   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Im talking of the evo x and whether they are allowing you to test/buy it?
About the Outlander- Nothing was done to the rear end though ? Looks pretty much the same as the prev. generation
Oh, Then i stand corrected. The evo is not yet here. I think speedy also meant the Outlander.

It is just a face lift buddy, what more can we expect from Mitsubishi ?
Old 10th March 2010, 15:14   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its not officially here, but last i heard you can order it through them for a ridiculous amount.
Old 10th March 2010, 15:22   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Its not officially here, but last i heard you can order it through them for a ridiculous amount.
Yes, i think they cost it in the Z4 territory. Is it true ?
Old 10th March 2010, 15:29   #84
BHPian

IMO the Evo front on Outlander is not looking as good as it is in the Evo Sedan. I would prefer the one that is currently (or 2009) being sold.
Old 20th March 2010, 22:26   #85
BHPian

Mitsubishi Outlander - Face lift

Just saw this at the Local Mitsubishi Dealership.

The attached Pic is from the web, i will get actual pics tomorrow as i could not stop at the dealership.
Attached Thumbnails
New 2010 Mitsubishi Outlander Facelift launched-mitsubishioutlander.jpg  

Old 20th March 2010, 23:22   #86
Senior - BHPian

MMC is going the Audi and VW way, all vehiles sporting the same damn face!

it gets boring!
Old 20th March 2010, 23:55   #87
Senior - BHPian

looks like an evo suv lol.
i think there is already a thread related to this.
Old 21st March 2010, 10:36   #88
Senior - BHPian

GOD! please bring this vehicle with a diesel engine...
Old 21st March 2010, 11:03   #89
BHPian

Old news. Another thread already exists

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-launched.html
Old 21st March 2010, 12:13   #90
BHPian

You can find more pictures at www.wheelosphere.org. Here is the article. More pictures on the site.

Wheelosphere is the first blog to present you with the pictures of the facelifted Mitsubishi Outlander that HM silently launched ten days ago (Feb11, 2009). The facelifted Outlander has very poor reach, so much that HM’s website doesnt hold any information on the existence of the model, leave alone Mitsubishi’s site which says ‘Site Under Construction’. So nothing is available to us apart from these details and pictures available at the Chennai mini-auto exhibition.Like all manufacturers these days, Mitsubishi has jumped into the bandwagon of maintaining the same family look in all its models. The Evolution and the Lancer X pioneered the look and the nose which the Outlander also borrows. Along with the new grille, the bumpers and headlamps are also redesigned to go with the family look. Indicators now move to the Outer rear view mirrors. The Outlander’s trademark rear styling is retained. The excellent transparent LED rear lights cluster remains and on closer examination, there are 2 badges near the rear lamps – one that says AWD and another one that says BS-4. Yup, you heard it right, along with the facelift Mitsubishi also upgraded the Outlander to Bharat Stage-4 emission norms.

The same sweet 2.4L 170bhp petrol engine remains the lone powerplant which is coupled to a 6-speed automatic gearbox. Performance is very strong with Mitsubishi claiming a standing 100km/h in under 11 seconds and a top speed of over 190km/h. Interiors get upgraded trim in the doors and the centre console. New additions include Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS) which adjusts itself to suit the requirements of driver. USB port and AUX-IN jack port in the armrest.
The Outlander is sold in a single trim level and costs Rs 20,69,000 Ex-Chennai. Add taxes, registration and insurance (Mitsubishi also adds Extended warranty and something called ‘Bumper to Bumper Platinum’) and you end up with Rs 23,50,892 OTR-Chennai.Find the break-up below
Outlander Ex-Chennai – Rs 20,69,000
Insurance – Rs 77,476
Bumper to Bumper Platinum – Rs 36,497
Registration and Tax – Rs 3,55,040
Extended Warranty – Rs 20,000
On the road price – Rs 23,50,892
We find just one reason for the Outlander’s poor sales and that is the poor brand value that Mitsubishi carries in India. Most of it could be the fault of its alliance with HM which has not done anything substantial since the launch of the Lancer more than a decade back. With poor marketing and an even poor dealership network, Mitsubishi’s chances of racking up even a few numbers of the Outlander will be difficult. The long delayed Lancer and the brilliant EVO X are not here yet and even they cannot bump up Mitsubishi’s name. The only way is to announce new investment and increase the faith in India customers before launching new models. The RVR could be locally assembled and the Colt could be made in India but where are they? Only Mitsubishi can tell.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks