Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2010, 18:58   #31
Senior - BHPian

I don't think this car will be a success in India. There are already better cars in the B-segment today.I fail to see any USP in the Micra. The exteriors and interiors aren't really attractive. Girls might find it very cute though The engine is not a benchmark either. Just a regular 3-pot. Unless Nissan prices this in the sub-4L bracket, there's no point launching it here.
Old 3rd March 2010, 20:42   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
I don't think this car will be a success in India. There are already better cars in the B-segment today.I fail to see any USP in the Micra. The exteriors and interiors aren't really attractive. Girls might find it very cute though The engine is not a benchmark either. Just a regular 3-pot. Unless Nissan prices this in the sub-4L bracket, there's no point launching it here.
+1 on that, frankly even I do not find it that impressive. Hope the prices are attractive.
Old 3rd March 2010, 21:00   #33
BHPian

The design is very gimmicky. It looks like an oversize toy of some kind.

This sort of car, if priced cheaply, could do well if marketed to less educated first-time car buyers.

For those of us who know about cars, its miserable, due to a childish design, ridiculous interiors and underpowered engines. However, underpowered engines seem to have become a rule in India, especially in the hatchback segment which has been moving down the power scale ever since the Palio 1.6 was launched almost 10 years ago.
Old 3rd March 2010, 22:37   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
+1 on that, frankly even I do not find it that impressive. Hope the prices are attractive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theEnd View Post

This sort of car, if priced cheaply, could do well if marketed to less educated first-time car buyers.

For those of us who know about cars, its miserable, due to a childish design, ridiculous interiors.
Micra is designed primarily as a car for younger audiences in Europe.

It looks cheeky, funky and youthful. Interior has many touches inspired by the Mini.

This effectively means that you are cutting out the older buyer in the Indian market who is looking for nice 1.2 liter hatch. The Polo still remains the only choice for a 'grown up' looking modern small car. Maybe Vista too
Old 3rd March 2010, 23:09   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Micra is designed primarily as a car for younger audiences in Europe.

It looks cheeky, funky and youthful. Interior has many touches inspired by the Mini.

This effectively means that you are cutting out the older buyer in the Indian market who is looking for nice 1.2 liter hatch. The Polo still remains the only choice for a 'grown up' looking modern small car. Maybe Vista too
That might be possible in Europe, but in India this car is sure to attract a lot of attention from the older crowd.It just looks tailor made for them.
Old 3rd March 2010, 23:31   #36
Senior - BHPian

Looks so feminine! Did a youtube search on nissan micra/ march.. found only japanese women users in the commercials.
Old 3rd March 2010, 23:51   #37
BHPian

I don't think so that car would be in B segment, it would be in A+ segment like i 10 range.Since I have seen the test car if they try to put in B-segment then it would be overpiced one because the size of the car is like Indica-V2.
Old 4th March 2010, 00:39   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
Looks so feminine! Did a Youtube search on nissan micra/ march.. found only japanese women users in the commercials.
It does have a few design features from the VW Beetle. In the US, something like 80% of Beetle customer base is female.
Old 4th March 2010, 15:21   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
Looks so feminine! Did a Youtube search on nissan micra/ march.. found only japanese women users in the commercials.
maybe they will pitch it against the Estilo and they will have to launch it in Pink too
Old 4th March 2010, 15:52   #40
Senior - BHPian

First its VW and now Nissan! Why cant we get a good 4 cylinder engine in these modern hatches? I just hope the other manufacturer's don't go the VW or the Nissan way and give us only 3 pots in their future cars
Old 4th March 2010, 22:34   #41
BHPian

Guys, I can confirm that the quality is top notch (see the older gen's reviews) and the car is around 3800mm long (the earlier one was 3770mm or something like that). Contrary to many comments, the car is actually quite big but the styling gives it a compact appearance. Moreover, in Carlos Ghosn's comment, the claimed Fuel efficiency is 26km/l. If that holds true, then the ARAI figure should be close to 20-21. This would make it the most efficient hatchback in India (exclusing Nano).
Old 5th March 2010, 13:53   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEnd View Post

For those of us who know about cars, its miserable, due to a childish design, ridiculous interiors and underpowered engines. However, underpowered engines seem to have become a rule in India, especially in the hatchback segment which has been moving down the power scale ever since the Palio 1.6 was launched almost 10 years ago.
Which car doesnt look like a toy and Can you define what less educated means? Who would not buy a car that is - well engineered, returns excellent fuel economy, is light and easy to handle?
designersf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2010, 19:41   #43
BHPian

Will they give us the legendary 1.3 engine in mx-5, atleast as an option ?
Old 5th March 2010, 19:44   #44
BHPian

Cmon guys... change

The Baleno and the palio are cars of the 90s...
Live in the present
Funky is the new name for flair..
I liked the micra design..
Old 5th March 2010, 20:12   #45
BHPian

Micra is a car for young generation in Europe. They always targeted the 18-25 age group, firt time car buyer, mainly females. Hence the styling

For family they have much better cars like NOTE and QASHQAI
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks