Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2010, 19:41   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
Vista may be a good car, but does TATA A.S.S understand it? A careful search of the vista ownership threads reveals a story by itself.
This is an inaccurate statement. I owned and recently sold previous generation Indigo after driving in around most of South India and used it for 50000 kms.

Barring my regular 5k service costs, I did not incur a any extra cost on any other repairs. The car had ZERO rattles and was still a pleasure to drive when I sold.

My experience with Concorde Bangalore has been quite good. They are prompt in their responses. Address any concerns quickly. Remind prior to service day and follow up at least 3 times (little irritating ) after the service on the quality of service, wash jobs and overall experience.
Old 25th June 2010, 20:47   #122
BHPian

This might seem like a stupid question, but I saw a new Indigo TDi taxi with an ABS sticker! Does the taxi version come with ABS by any chance, or did the driver simply stick it on there?
Old 25th June 2010, 21:52   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
This might seem like a stupid question, but I saw a new Indigo TDi taxi with an ABS sticker! Does the taxi version come with ABS by any chance, or did the driver simply stick it on there?
It's a sticker job. The Indigo doesn't (and never had) have ABS throughout the range (N.B. not talking about the Manza).
Old 28th June 2010, 10:47   #124
BHPian

Good to read a lot of positive comments on Vista. Tata has been steadily improving quality of their cars, albeit at a snails pace. Majority of Vistas seem to be trouble-free. But my gut feeling is, the chances of getting a tata lemon is higher.

Regarding my question of "does TATA A.S.S. understand Vista/Manza", people have written in saying their cars are performing very well. I think you didn't read me right. Everything is hunky dory when things are going fine. Its only when the problems creep in that the Tata A.S.S folks are found wanting. They simply either ignore the reported issue (i can think of RDP's Manza issue where turns indicators never go off on their own - he has learnt to live with it) or give incorrect technical responses (read herculesksp's travails with a Vista petrol at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...a-vista-5.html. Remember, this vista is still around 5000 km and only 10 months old).

To quote herculesksp - "So keeping these faults in mind, I would not recommend anyone who is considering an Indica Vista to go and buy it. In terms of numbers, there are definitely a lot of good points, but then the sheer seriousness of the few problems that are there are pushing me to give a recommendation against the Tata car."

Vista ranks high up there as far as space and VFM are concerned. As a potential buyer, it doesn't give me confidence on the reliability factor. That is my grouse.

And BTW, iam not biased against any manufacturer. Why should i be? If the manufacturer can convince me of their car, i will buy it. Simple

Last edited by WindRide : 28th June 2010 at 10:55.
Old 27th August 2010, 15:32   #125
BHPian

Last year in August-September 09, TATA had launched the anniversary edition of the Vista, with alloys and leather seats and other stuff.

In the new Vista Aura +.,the steering is borrowed from the Manza ,along with the golden strips on the steering spokes where the audio controls come. Now I was just wondering why bother with the golden strips on the steering if there are not going to be any audio controls.

Is there going to be a limited edition/Anniversary edition with the controls on steering +alloys etc.. Anyone aware of this?
Old 27th August 2010, 21:29   #126
Senior - BHPian

They should bring out a limited run of the Vista, powered by the 1.4 16valve (I think it chrns out 90ps) along with tauter suspension and a tight PS. A kitted up version of this will make it Tatas first pseudo GTi. At a competitive price this will become an enticing and affordable option for enthisiasts. This will only help with the Vistas image.

The thing is they sell a version of the Vista with the 16v 1.4 in South Africa (they are RHD as well), why such stepmotherely treatment to the motherland.
Old 27th August 2010, 22:18   #127
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Instead they should plan a Vista Sport with the 90hp version of the Quadrajet. The Sport version can be made even more sportier with 15" Rims and Black interiors, Plus some good sporty shade like Red or Yellow. What do say Guys?
Old 27th August 2010, 23:20   #128
BHPian

Why not launch the sports in both diesel and petrol. This way the petrol sports will be affordable to the masses as well. Not more than 35-40k premium over the existing models.

I agree Anshuman, bright colours along with 15 inchers with alloys and a body kit would be awesome. Im already drooling maneven if they charge a lakh premium on the existing petrol, it would still be just over 6 L OTR(petrol Aura+ is at 5.15 OTR at the moment wiith discounts), which would be awesome.

Any news or scoop info about any limited /anniversary editions guys. It would be the hottest thing this diwali.

Last edited by MihirC : 27th August 2010 at 23:26.
Old 29th August 2010, 16:14   #129
BHPian

Test drive of Safire Aura+

I test drove the Vista safire today and the car has improved in leaps and bounds and does not feel like a TATA at all,The sound deadning is amazing you dont realise if the engine is running or not and the ride and handling and pick up is great. Though the steering is nowhere in comparision to the Punto. But the car is so well put up together,The AC was great. The car picks up well from stand still and nowhere does the engine feel like its underpowered as it is 65bhp. The pick up is great in the 2nd and 3rd gear as well and the engine does not feel strained at 100 km/hr and neither does it seem to lose its composure neither is there any waftiness in the ride. The shut of the doors has a definite thud, not european at all but neither is it japanese or korean flimsy. The seats are also very comfortable and hold you in them.The car is very well put up together and feels nice to drive. The gear shift is a bit notchy but that wouldnt be a deal breaker. An excellent product I would say.
Old 29th August 2010, 16:50   #130
mxx
BHPian

what is this drivetech4 thingy. I see a lot of adv.
Old 29th August 2010, 17:31   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx View Post
what is this drivetech4 thingy. I see a lot of adv.
ts just a bs4 version of the vista. Improved sound deadening/nvh levels a few added features and an overall improved product.P.S- its only the Aura+ model which gets the 4 spoke steering as informed by the sales rep.
Old 29th August 2010, 19:03   #132
Distinguished - BHPian

With you guyz, Tata has been torturing us with a concept each Auto Expo.
Also again in the 2010 Auto Expo. Why Tata?
Can't you just put the 90bhp Fiat engine or your own twin-cam 1.4l with the 100 bhp eventhough it's old gen,it seems to have a raw feel and would be cheaper.
Please Tata.
Old 11th September 2010, 23:41   #133
BHPian

Vista Drivetech4 Ownership Report?

I have been searching our forum quite a bit to see if there are any ownership reports on the new Vista QJD Drivetech4 model and have not found any. Any Vista Drivetech4 QJD owners out there? Info that I would love are -

- What are the changes/features in the Drivetech 4 other than the gearbox?
- Is the gearbox a big improvement?
- Has quality improved? what are the niggles?

I am debating between Ford Figo Titanium & Vista Aura+. Lots of ownership information on Ford but relatively very little on the Vista (especially the new one) - wonder why?

Appreciate if Vista Owners can jump in and advice. Thanks in advance.
Old 12th September 2010, 19:50   #134
BHPian

Guys if Vista gets the 90 HP engine I am changing my existing Vista for sure. However I doubt that very much. Fiat will not have anything different for the Punto then. Punto is already not doing any great numbers vs the Vista. Putting the 90HP will not leave any differentation.
Old 13th September 2010, 01:56   #135
ak_12001

I have 4 Tata cars. 1st is Indica Dls, 2nd is Indica Xeta, Third is indigo dicore and fourth just purchased Vista Aura.

All cars are running very smooth till today but problem is with all cars is every car need to visit service centre regularly for small problems. Actually Tata have to learn to give cars which give trouble free running till 100000 kms.

You will never be sure that car will run troublefree till next service. i agree that all the cars are good for indian road condition and having great space, comfort at rear and handling except driving comfort, but you will always have doubt about quality of spare.

For me, Indigo Dicor(2008) gave me least trouble till today. I do not know about future as it already coverd 38000 km. Vista(2010) is giving me problem from day 1 from my dealer experience to regular visit to TASS to change spare under warrenty. Even Xeta(CNG) did not gave me much trouble except starting problem in witer days even at petrol.

I think quality inconsistency is the problem with Tata

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks