Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2010, 17:42   #31
agm
BHPian

Thanks to the competition which is making all the company to be competitive,good to see hyundai coming up with all those stuff.But IMO i20 needs a better and more powerful engine instead of that highly underpower 1.2 80bhp puny engine.Better engine would have much more difference then all these things thats what i reckon .
Old 25th March 2010, 18:17   #32
BHPian

Hyundai should offer their gamma engine (100bhp) for all models of i20 instead of keeping it only for automatic variants. Right now, i10 and i20 share same 80bhp engine
Old 25th March 2010, 20:39   #33
Senior - BHPian

The new website does not show any increase in price. Any updates on that? The new website also doesn't show the exterior changes like Chrome radiator Grills and Turn Indicators on Outside Mirror.

Last edited by theragingbull : 25th March 2010 at 20:44.
Old 25th March 2010, 20:46   #34
Senior - BHPian

The car is going to be one sweet car to drive.
But one thing Hyundai is bad at , at the moment is facelifting their already nice looking cars.
They weren't very successful with the Verna and the same goes for the I20. They have made the front look less attractive.
Looks too bling.Hyundai stop messing around with the radiator grills. They are fine.
Old 25th March 2010, 22:11   #35
BHPian

hi guys, any idea on new variants for diesel as well. The crdi i20 is too steeply priced, although any correction to atleast puntoMJD top end price point will be welcome.
Old 26th March 2010, 00:13   #36
Senior - BHPian

Great move - but won't this further overlap with the i10 price range?
The i20 magna was priced less than i10 asta from start.
Old 26th March 2010, 00:39   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Vanity mirrors and chrome grills... that sort of stuff impresses me so much I might almost go to sleep in mid post.

But hey... i20 is still likely to be my next car! Mind you: my ideal would be a high-spec i10.
Old 26th March 2010, 01:19   #38
Senior - BHPian

What Hyundai needs to do is introduce a new affrodable model in the market soon.
Old 27th March 2010, 12:51   #39
mxx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raul View Post
That's interesting and actually encouraging in some ways, shows responsiveness and willingness to learn, improve and address customer preferences. Most folks don't bother. Good for the Indian car industry that we are just starting to get options in the hatchback segment, now we need more in the sedan and higher segments.
Thats very true of hyundai dealerships. They value their prospective customer, even if they know that they may not buy their product now.
I will speak about my experience. When I was looking to buy a hatch, hyundai was not on my radar. But I did go to hyundai dealer because my friend wanted to see the i10. Since he just wanted to check out the car and not buy one, I did not have a test drive. Anyway, I booked a swift. Few days later I received a call from hyundai, to which I replied that I had already done a booking so I am not interested. The salesguy told me that its ok if I did not want to go for the car, but please have a test drive and just fill the feedback form if you are still not interested. And that he will bring the car to my residence when its convenient for me. I took a test drive, and needless to say, I was very impressed and went for the i10 and canceled swift booking. I have to say the sales and after sales of hyundai is really good atleast compared to Indian manufacturer standards.
Old 28th March 2010, 02:50   #40
BHPian

Verna 1.2 Kappa Diesel

I know this sounds very odd, but the new 'under construction' site for Verna shows a variant as '1.2 Kappa Diesel'. Looks like the site designers have inadvertently spilled this piece of information. This engine could be for the i10/i20 though.

See the Features section in this link. I have attached the image as well. http://www.hyundai.com/in/en/Showroo...311213328.html
Attached Thumbnails
New I20 1.2 variants to be added soon - Full features details-1.2kappa-diesel.jpg  

Old 28th March 2010, 08:29   #41
BHPian

Looks like as per the thread topic, the changes are only for 1.2 variants ? Any changes to 1.4 Asta AT or pricing?
Old 28th March 2010, 11:02   #42
BHPian

Woah! The koreans have been keeping an eye on the competition. Its always a good sign to see a company adapt to the changing market atmosphere . The polo & figo have definitely spiced up things in the hot-hatch category & the extension of i20 variants will help it keep its 4000+ market share.

The first thing i noticed is that the i10 & i20 will overlap considerably in pricing. But, i think Hyundai is trying to pull off a Maruti Suzuki here - just see how many cars they have in the segment, how much they overlap & how much marketshare they have! The point is that the customer has choice within the offerings of a company they are comfortable with.
A.S.S of MS & Hyundai draw a lot of buyers towards them; offering variety within cars means they can buy the same brand, the same car, even if it means choosing a lesser variant.
I still remember the extent of discounts & easy availability of the i10 when i went car-hunting 2 months ago. The i10 sales will dip further when the i20 sports & era variants are out, but Hyundai will most likely have planned a price revision for the i10 too.

I do not see the 1.4 with MT coming in very soon as the 1.2 satisfies the need of 90% of Indian buyers.

The noticeable omissions are:
  • Distance to empty in MID
  • Upsized tyres

Quote:
wonder if the indicator-equipped ORVMs can be retrofitted to the present i20s
I'm aching for the same news

Can someone please explain this feature:
New I20 1.2 variants to be added soon - Full features details-zzz.jpg
Old 28th March 2010, 11:39   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
Hyundai should offer their gamma engine (100bhp) for all models of i20 instead of keeping it only for automatic variants. Right now, i10 and i20 share same 80bhp engine
The 1.4 petrol engine is not eligible for excise concessions, and hence Hyundai may not consider it in another avatar than what it is now - no point in a petrol i20 priced on the same levels as Jazz, right?!!
Old 28th March 2010, 11:41   #44
Senior - BHPian

Musicmaker, basically all the backlight illumination in the instrument cluster etc. was red and now will be blue. I don't know why but I still think red is cooler..
Old 31st March 2010, 07:50   #45
BHPian

I went to Ekkattuthaangal (Chennai) Hyundai's own showroom, they said there some changes to i20 1.4 also

1. Turn indicator will be placed in the mirror instead of below
2. The console will be in chrome color
3. Some color change to steering (not sure which part)
4. Front Grill where the 'H' will be similar in chrome like i10
5. as the previous post said, the color of the illuminatiosn will be blue
6. Euro 4 emission standards (there will be a slight price increase)

don't remember any other changes.

In Chennai none of the showroom has i20 Automatic Test vehicle. They just showed me a customer vehicle which is due for delivery. Wait time is 20-25 days

Last edited by carbhp : 31st March 2010 at 07:52. Reason: few more changes added
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks