Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Was parking space a major decision factor while shortlisting the car
Yes, Parking space was a major decision factor 117 57.35%
No, Parking space was not a decision factor at all 87 42.65%
Voters: 204. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2012, 12:34   #76
BHPian

Re: Parking lot space - A major decision factor in short listing cars?

Staying in South Delhi with open parking out on the street, that too with everyone in the neighbourhood buying newer cars and fighting over parking space; buying a compact hatchback to ease in a probable space we earmarked for parking was one of the prime factors in our decision making.
Add to it the parking pressures at office space during busy hours, and I feel really grateful for not having to worry about a boot space while slipping in my car everyday!!!
Old 1st May 2012, 14:04   #77
BHPian

I have voted a no for now. I didn't consider parking as an issue while buying a hatch. I personally like hatch. in my apt I have space for a sedan and I don't see a reason for second car yet, so for me atleast as of now- its no.
Old 1st May 2012, 14:16   #78
BHPian

In 2006 when i got my Santro parking was not at all a decision factor, but come 2012 adding one more vehicle to my garage parking space availability will surely be considered.
Old 2nd May 2012, 15:32   #79
BHPian

My parents stay in a nice old bungalow in Chennai, enough space (almost) to park 2-3 buses So parking was not a consideration when I lived with my parents

My current parking space in Bangalore is atrociously small, the lane itself is tiny. That was one strong reason why I went in for a hatch

The public parking spots in Blore are also seriously cramped. Don't know how people go for those massive SUVs when there is no public space

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks