Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2005, 16:00   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
Based on your car you are terming the whole lot bad, eh. There are innumerable Tata indica V2 Diesel owners in this forum who have not faced this problem which you got. Most indicas have had problems pertaining to electricals. Infact there are so many taxis with 2 lac kms+ speaks volumes about the reliability.

As for your case, having FP replaced is a big thing. I got my overhauled after damage in an accident. According to the engineer mine would have had to be overhauled at around 65000kms as they found lots of foreign matter in the fuel pump system.
-Yes, getting something replaced is surely a concern for me. Coz I pay for it. When you say most indicas' have electrical problems, how can you still term the car very reliable??

Reliable for me means lower cost of maintenance along with peace of mind. If I get indica spares lower than most cars does not mean the car persists to have problem after another.
Old 10th November 2005, 16:06   #77
Team-BHP Support

What i meant was that "most of the problematic indicas", not most indicas.
As for the costs its funny that your 2004 DLS is not under warranty?

As for reliability its not the most reliable, but its not as bad as its made out to be. Its a very underrated car IMHO. Thats what i wanted to say. I think we are deviating from the topic, better to end it here
Old 10th November 2005, 17:01   #78
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
Its a very underrated car IMHO. Thats what i wanted to say. I think we are deviating from the topic, better to end it here
As long as we all agree it is a car (some call it a truck!), we're fine

And where is sreeram who had driven the Innova and was trying to get a test drive of the DICOR? Hello, have you made your decision yet?
Old 11th November 2005, 01:47   #79
Senior - BHPian

Indica petrol also sell well though the major chunk of sales come from the diesel.

Now you wont say that tata got diesel to the masses but you will say tata sells because of the diesels. Well let it be.

Indica has more space, is more robust and long lasting.

yes attention to details has been a problem. But then give me the answer to this.

you bought the santro and accent and sonata and hyundai gave you the sonata Emberra. You bought the sumo and the indica and the indigo and tata gave you the Dicor. Now certainly Dicor is not the best finished car but lets see the competition(please count maruti out of this.LOL) offer the value tata offers.

Never ever have I seen a foreign manufacturer offer a family hauler at 3-4 lacs. tata and mahindra did. mahindra put in its own money and gave us the scorpio. ever thought of a buying an SUv for 7lacs? Give them support and they will give you a better value some years down the line.

Its tough to make money while giving people value and giving all the upgrades possible. I know If I buy a tata car it wont be completely maintainence free. But I will know I have a reliable and long lasting car that is Indian and is better value for money. I also know that maybe the money I contributed to tata will one day bring me a car that is "made in India" and is better than the the toyota's built to price corolla or the underpowered NHC.

kudos to INdian car manufacturers like Tata,& Mahindra and the many other small manufacturers. Keep up the Indian spirits.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 11th November 2005 at 01:50.
Old 19th September 2006, 14:43   #80

cant compare chalk and cheeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay
-It is not at all fair to compare Toyota with Tata on the Reliability front.
Why do you think Toyota sells so many cars around the world??Is it only coz it has a big history as a car maker?
hyundai offers exceptional warranty on the cars they sell whereas Toyota doesn't offer a smiliar one. But still Toyota does sell more car than Hyundai.
Yes, tata surely is improving on the Quality front but the fact still remains that Tata does most of bug fixes on the product after it has been released.

Have driven the new indica v2 in bangalore. With the a/c on, even Autorickshaws' running on full loads do tend to overtake you.I dont find that funny esp when Tata charges 4+lac Rs for the Indica.Take a look at the niggling problems.
Qualis might have been an aged model but it sure did not have so many nigling problems.

Guys pls remember you cant compare chalk and cheeze. A Toyota product cant be compared with Tata or Mahindra. Though I myself am planning to bye a Scorpio real soon. Just test drove a Safari Dicor, its great but considering its one han a half feet longer than Scorpio i think will not consider it, keeping the delhi parking situation in mind.

As some one said earlier, to each his own.

Cheers
Old 11th October 2006, 23:01   #81

Any updates to this with the new Scorpio CRDe?

Patiently read most of the threads, but I guess its too mix an opinion..

Well guys I am still inclined towards the Scorpio, but I need your opinion with the all new Scorpio now in.

Test drove a 300KM old SLX, its much much better than the older one. Middle seats are better too!

Big question: AC in the last seat, how effective? My lab would need it badly! The dealer guy had the AC on from his place to mine and didnt get real time to test it OFF..

And DX or the SLX, didnt find any of the add-ons great VFM! Thoughts?
Old 20th October 2006, 03:23   #82
BHPian

of the lot i have had the pleasure of owning both bought on november last year scorpio crde(silver/warm gold) had been good fun in fact was always eager to drive it over cars,but niggling problems like fading brakes,no matter how regularly you set them 50-60kms later they would squeal and 2-3 days of such milege they would come to a situation where they would instantly stop on pressing the brakes or keep going...nightmarish on bangalore streets,

then turbo hose came loose ok that was a DIY job,lot of such niggling problems like this was shared by my friends,and being a 6.3ft heavy set fellow i always found it cramped and my folks did not appreciate the rear seat/ride quality(blame it on the safari)

safari dicor was a 4*4 gold vxi model has done just 5500 kms till date that too 2 trips to udupi has been an extremly competent highway vehicle but we had a lot-lot of minor problems which seems to have dissapered after the retrofitment

our last dicor bought on feb-05 was a silver ex 4*2 was a very good vehicle done about 6000 now(since its a tata hold a tree(as in touch wood)no problems at all

both vehicles were bought thru prerana motors and i mention the name because of the exemplary service rendered by them which i would say is better(atleast attitude wise then mahindra)and maintained by us,

i suggest all safari fans to contemplate a get together to share our experiences and take a look at each others cars,i have a fair amount of enthusiasts on tap who have been owning safaris for long and have been through lakhs of kms,is that a good idea......
Old 20th October 2006, 09:58   #83
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
and being a 6.3ft heavy set fellow i always found it cramped
I agree. For all its size, even the drivers seat of the Scorpio does not offer too much room. My friend (6'0") was considering a Scorpio CRDe but just could not find himself to fit comfortably in the drivers seat.
Old 20th October 2006, 11:02   #84
Senior - BHPian

Dr Fate

Do you own a Tata Authorized service centre? If so, you're the man to help start a separate Safari section...........
Old 21st October 2006, 03:02   #85
BHPian

yes i do both lcv and cars,though we have not given commencement for cars as work is going on,but we have an absolute safari enthusiast corner in our place so much all the way from 98 to latest dicors,in fact i was going to this place for their speciality for safari's,it was quite a coincedence that i had to take over the place,we have customers(now close friends)who are hard core quality fanatics includes my tata incharge mr satya rao k who is a 5 time himalaya veteran on a rd350(solo)we have a separate sierra/safari shed in which we just concentrate improve the beast please feel free to ask for anything........

except for company software(psycho has already done that)
Old 21st October 2006, 03:34   #86
BHPian

lead the way sir,whatever you need i am there(except official software for dicor cause psycho has already staked a claim there)we are authorised for spares and service both lcvs and cars(to commence soon)with sales of lcvs to commence as well,we pride having an exclusive corner for safari and sierra from 98 to dicor and all hard core quality freaks who come from different walks of life even my tata incharge mr satya rao k is a 5 time himalaya veteren on rd 350...well thats the section which got me rich experience on a lot of things and none of the vehicles have gone out of our circle which is now getting further enriched with dicors.
Old 23rd October 2006, 11:26   #87

Hey Abhitabh1975, did you finally go in for it? "Though I myself am planning to bye a Scorpio real soon."

Whats the first hand review then?
Old 25th October 2006, 21:51   #88
Senior - BHPian

A standstill Innova with its sloping nose looks like an insect crouching. Toyota made Qualis that looked like a 'dabba' and now the Innova..yuck.

The only Toyotas I have liked are the Landcruisers & the Lexus R470 that I owned for a few months..

Give me a Safari or Scorpio anyday.. My maintainance cost for both is around Rs.1700/- every 5000 Kms.
Old 26th October 2006, 11:59   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
My friend (6'0") was considering a Scorpio CRDe but just could not find himself to fit comfortably in the drivers seat.
Strange ..I am 6' 1" and am very comfortable driving in my Scorpio SLX..ofcourse the guy sitting behind me will have cramps !! ( but it is true for any car I drive )
Old 26th October 2006, 13:19   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by w 12
..ofcourse the guy sitting behind me will have cramps !! ( but it is true for any car I drive )
Hmmm.... not if you use the Safari, but thats another story.

drfate - thanks very much for the offer and maybe we'll take you up on it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks