Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2006, 12:34   #91
BHPian

Hey Sreeram,

IMHO...its Scorpio all the way, the new crdi engine i felt more smoother and powerful than the Innova's engine. The innova is ok for self drive- looks more vanish like the cargo vans., but the Scorpio is great for self driving! The Scorpio will not develope rattles with time. I had one for 2 years (60,000kms) ad no rattles till then, and it was performing in top condition when i sold it away. The handling is a lil bad but compared to Innova, i think they both are at par, or should say the scorpio would be better here, as the Innova's handling could be a lil irky coz of its van shape, and the steering being right at the front of the car.

Maintenance vise, Scorpio is very cheap.
Old 27th October 2006, 12:36   #92
Senior - BHPian

Are you saying a scorpio will handle better than an innova? Have you driven the toyota?

Drifter
Old 27th October 2006, 14:28   #93
BHPian

My answer depends on if ur statement is a sincere Question asked out of ignorance of the handling of these 2 cars, or if that is a question asked to see my ignorance of the handling of these 2 cars.

Yes drifter, i have driven the Innova, in City, not on the highway, and if u re-read my comments, i said " the scorpio could handle at par or better, the innova could be a lil irky.........."

This is based on my impression of its city handling, in the city i did drive it around at speeds of 80+ while taking long turns few times.

While the Innova having smaller tyres, Being van shaped, its a general calculation that its handling will be below the scorpio's, unless toyota is working some real fine art of technology here to give the innova a great handling.

Last edited by Insane Devil : 27th October 2006 at 14:31.
Old 27th October 2006, 14:38   #94
Senior - BHPian

I didn't mean to offend you or something....

But having driven both these cars extensively, i can safely say that the scorpio is no match for the innova in terms of handling in my humble opinion.

True in the city, the scorpio with its aerial view, large mirrors and light steering is the easier of the two to drive. But i cant agree with you on the handling bit.

Having smaller tyres doesn't mean it will handle worse. The scorpio is a tall vehicle and that too with a soft suspension which is the prime reason for its great ride. But it is this soft suspension which makes the scorpio roll like crazy.

There isn't much fine art involved here, its just physics, taller and softer = more body roll than 'shorter and stiffer'.

Drifter

Last edited by drifter : 27th October 2006 at 14:41.
Old 28th October 2006, 01:50   #95
BHPian

yes the innova handles better than the scorpio, i found it easier to drive too compared to the scorpio inspite of the scorpio being smaller in dimensions.
Old 28th October 2006, 19:28   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil
While the Innova having smaller tyres, Being van shaped, its a general calculation that its handling will be below the scorpio's, unless toyota is working some real fine art of technology here to give the innova a great handling.
I would agree with Drifter here - the Innova may be bigger and a bit more cumbersome in traffic, but its handling is way ahead of the Scorpio's dancing dynamics.

The Innova is much more car-like in handling.
Old 28th October 2006, 20:00   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
I would agree with Drifter here - the Innova may be bigger and a bit more cumbersome in traffic, but its handling is way ahead of the Scorpio's dancing dynamics.

The Innova is much more car-like in handling.
I too would agree the Innova has much better handling than the Scorpio. I would contribute this mainly to a few factors like Better suspension tuning from Toyota, Relatively lower Kerb weight of the Innova & also a Much lower Centre of Gravity. The Scorpio is too tall & the track is too narrow leading to a general feeling of nervousness at speeds. Also the suspension tuning is such that at high-speeds on slightly bumpy roads it turns into a "crazy-ball" bouncing all over the goddamn road!!
Old 28th October 2006, 20:54   #98
Senior - BHPian

Innova is winner any day comapred with scorpio except for

1. Price of Innova is costly at least by80K

2. Bigger than scorpio so untill you are get used to it innova might create pain in congested city traffic.

3. Scorpio has SUV type look, it can be termed as indian SUV and its winner for its price and city handling.

For highway scorpio is always dangerous practically (news paper/websites/magazines...) and based on owner's feedback on high speeds.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 29th October 2006, 17:36   #99

Just wants to add that, Innova seats are very comfartable. Even second row seats back rests can be adjusted (I don't know about scorpio, does it has that feature???), and that makes it very comfortable.

You will have plenty of legroom in second row even there is a tall guy in front seat.

After driving / riding in Innova for more than 400+ KM, you will not feel tired.

Merc.
Old 1st November 2006, 22:38   #100
Senior - BHPian

Did 1438 Kms (Bombay to Gurgaon) in my Safari and never felt tired. I was the only driver and did it in two days flat with an overnight stop at udaipur. Reached Gurgaon at 1 in the night of the second day and got up in the morning at my usual time of 5:30 feeling as fresh as a daisy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc
Just wants to add that, Innova seats are very comfartable. Even second row seats back rests can be adjusted (I don't know about scorpio, does it has that feature???), and that makes it very comfortable.

You will have plenty of legroom in second row even there is a tall guy in front seat.

After driving / riding in Innova for more than 400+ KM, you will not feel tired.

Merc.
Old 2nd November 2006, 12:52   #101
BHPian

Think someone here should try lowering the Scorpio, with new coil springs/ lowering kits! I think that will really improve the Scorpio's handling drastically.

A nice MOD for the scorpio owners...
Old 2nd November 2006, 20:44   #102
BHPian

Thats Yes, Yes and Yes to all three questions.
Since you arent really looking for any off or soft-roading abilities (for which the Innova and the Scorpio are both wrong choices), it has to be the Innova. The Scorpio, despite it's bulky looks, isn't as roomy on the inside as the Innova...and ol' M&M just can't beat the Toyota finish and value for money. So, though you might pay more for the Innova, it would be money well spent...no griping and complaining after a couple of months.
Trying to tally every naia paisa pro and against the two will only get you going round in circles...if your first priority is comfort (even a bit of luxury) and peace of mind and pride of ownership, go for the Innova but if it's a question of getting the cheapest vehicle, no doubt go for the Scorpio.

But if you REALLY wanted a good car...I would recommend the Safari Dicor, ofcourse!
Old 8th November 2006, 01:36   #103
BHPian

But if you REALLY wanted a good car...I would recommend the Safari
Dicor, ofcourse![/quote]

He he thats right i bought my scorpio same time last year and 2 months later on mysore road i met with an accident thanks to its "suberb"brakes and my equally "superb"sense of responsiblity to have belted that vehicle knowing its handling and brakes,what happend later was my mother and brother dragged me to prerana and poor me was forced into buying a dicor ;-)

i bought a innova a week ago decked it with 16' yokohama,custom alloys,custom ICE,K&N filters,zenons etc etc........what do i think of my innova when i look at at it with all its toyota quality and finishing and handling and etc etc etc?

I STILL WANT MY SAFARI...................

Last edited by dr fate : 8th November 2006 at 01:39.
Old 15th December 2021, 23:54   #104

Re: Scorpio CRDe or Innova ??

Really amused!!

My Innova is still driving fine @ almost 16y + 1.7L km, though I have begun to feel the urge to upgrade for better power / safety.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks