Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2012, 22:46   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: Suzuki Cervo - Yet another small car to India !!

Good point Suhas. I totally forgot about the A-star.

Any idea how it compares with the Cervo as far as size?
Old 14th May 2012, 22:59   #107
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Good point Suhas. I totally forgot about the A-star.

Any idea how it compares with the Cervo as far as size?
Absolutely no idea.

The lack of interior space and a minuscule boot is what did the A-Star in. people found it more practical to buy the Alto K10 instead. it's at around the same price point, the Alto being marginally cheaper. So it's a no brainier.

For a car like the Cervo to do well, the interior space and boot needs to be sorted. otherwise, it would be just another A-Star in the making. Also, I think it's high time Maruti pull the plug on the Estillo.

What are they going to do with 5 hatchbacks powered by the same engine? The A-Star, the Alto K10, the Wagon-R, the Estillo and now the Cervo. Phew!
Old 14th May 2012, 23:07   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
What are they going to do with 5 hatchbacks powered by the same engine? The A-Star, the Alto K10, the Wagon-R, the Estillo and now the Cervo. Phew!
Absolutely. A-star and Estillo are both lacking a clear mission statement. Alto and Wagon are pretty clearly segmented and have found good market acceptance.

Having said that, Alto's looks are ageing rapidly..more so after the arrival of Beat and Eon....especially for the young 20 something 1st time buyer who doesn't mind paying for a little bit of style.

Cervo, I'm pretty sure will also suffer from tight backseat because none of these cars were designed for Indian families.

Last edited by Mpower : 14th May 2012 at 23:56.
Mpower is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2012, 23:18   #109
Senior - BHPian

Come to think of it. Maruti brought in the Estilo to specifically stave off the chevvy Spark and sold initially as a Femmo car releasing some Vibgyor colours.
Estilo never had and has an identity of its own; a half Zen half Wagon R concept to confuse customers.
Now what is in store this Diwali is anybody's guess.
Old 14th May 2012, 23:19   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Absolutely no idea.

I somehow disagree. I speculate that Maruti would come up with a sub 1000cc engine for the Cervo maybe K08 or something like that and eventually replace the current 800cc Alto engine with the one which should be leaner, meaner, fitter (like they say)

As far as the A-star goes, its quirky looks are not to everyone's taste, the dashboard is very high and you sit quite low and even though the interiors are a step ahead of the K10 Alto, the Alto is substantially cheaper and thus takes the cake from the A-star which IMO should have been priced above the F800 Alto where the Alto K10 is today.

Last edited by S2!!! : 14th May 2012 at 23:20.
Old 14th May 2012, 23:43   #111
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Absolutely. A-star and Estillo are both lacking a clear mission statement. Alto and Wagon are pretty clearly segmented and have found good market acceptance.

Having said that, Alto's looks are ageing rapidly especially after the arrival of Beat and Eon....especially for the young 20 something 1st time buyer who doesn't mind paying for a little bit of style.

Cervo, I'm pretty sure will also suffer from tight backseat because none of these cars were designed for Indian families.
You know, Japan is overflowing with small cars from the Suzuki stable. All much like the Wagon-R. It's incredible how they;ve managed to liberate so much space from such tiny cars.

Now these cars would do really well in India. But just as practical as they are, they're horrendous to look at.

Still wouldn't hurt introducing one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
I somehow disagree. I speculate that Maruti would come up with a sub 1000cc engine for the Cervo maybe K08 or something like that and eventually replace the current 800cc Alto engine with the one which should be leaner, meaner, fitter (like they say)
Is there a smaller engine than the K10. Like I'd mentioned above, there are small cars sold in Japan by Suzuki that come with really small engines. Would they consider bringing one of those to our market?
Old 15th May 2012, 00:11   #112
BANNED

Quote:
Is there a smaller engine than the K10. Like I'd mentioned above, there are small cars sold in Japan by Suzuki that come with really small engines. Would they consider bringing one of those to our market?
Suzuki has a smaller 3-cylinder K6A engine (658CC) in Japan, used in their Kei cars. But it will be a costlier engine than the F8D engine used in Alto, because it is a new-gen engine compared to F8D.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 15th May 2012 at 00:12.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2012, 07:06   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Suzuki has a smaller 3-cylinder K6A engine (658CC) in Japan, used in their Kei cars. But it will be a costlier engine than the F8D engine used in Alto, because it is a new-gen engine compared to F8D.
Suzuki fitted some 660cc turbo petrol engine developing higher power in their small cars for the Japanese market and I had seen such a Wagon R with this engine in an Auto Expo some time back. And it had no rear right door in sync with Japanese guidelines.
Old 15th May 2012, 10:11   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
The next Maruti Suzuki's 800 maybe called the Cervo but is far from the Japanese version.

Maruti Suzuki 800 replacement may called Cervo,The new Alto is in develop | SUZUKI FAN
Cervo is the one I buy if it comes with same fit and finish and still priced around 2.5L. But indianization would kill it?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks