Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2010, 18:45   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
Maruti Cervo Maruti Cervo will be priced in the range of Rs 1.5 to 2 lacs and TATA Nano priced range is around 1.3 Lacs. It is a five door mini car that comes with 54bhp power in the front and 660cc patrol engine and 64Nm of torque. The engine of Maruti Cervo offers peppy performance with great fuel efficiency.
The Maruti Cervo’s interior looks like new Maruti Swift. Maruti Cervo has comfortable front semi-bucket seats, sporty headlamps and fog lamps, Bluetooth capability and 4-speed auto gearbox K6A DOHC engine with VVT. Maruti Cervo will get huge success in India with their priced well with high profile.
54 bhp from a 660CC engine? That sounds too good to be true.

Automatic transmission, bluetooth, foglamps etc at 1.5 to 2 lacs is simply unbelievable. I wish its true though
Old 22nd June 2010, 19:59   #17
Senior - BHPian

The japanese kie cars have their displacements restricted to 660cc.This the version that sells in japan with all the bells and whistles.But these segment of cars with this engine is sold only in japan.
Old 22nd June 2010, 21:20   #18
Senior - BHPian

I am still not able to get the realistic size of the car, would have helped if there was someone standing near it. for me if its really that small I am sure going by A Star standards this is going to be really crampy.
Moreover, dont think this car would be available for the Below 2.5L, I mean if it does then Alto owners will think that they have made fool of themselves.
Old 22nd June 2010, 21:24   #19
Senior - BHPian

The Cervo has been discussed many times in other threads! It's a car speculated for quite a sometime! There is no point in discussing unless there is some really concrete information available!
Old 22nd June 2010, 22:43   #20
Senior - BHPian

Suzuki selling this car at 2lakhs ?? Someone please wake me up. Am already dreaming !!!
Old 23rd June 2010, 11:13   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedal2Metal View Post
Why do I get reminded of the Chevy Beat when I look at this car??
To me it looks more like a Spark on steroids especially the side profile. And no way can it come in 2L even with the puny 660 cc engine that Suzukis come with in japan.
Old 23rd June 2010, 14:47   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedal2Metal View Post
Why do I get reminded of the Chevy Beat when I look at this car??
The present generation Cervo was introduced by Suzuki Japan in 2006.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
I am still not able to get the realistic size of the car, would have helped if there was someone standing near it. for me if its really that small I am sure going by A Star standards this is going to be really crampy.
Suzuki Cervo Dimensions
Length 3,395 (mm)
Width 1,475 (mm)
Height 1,535 (mm)

Suzuki Cervo - Yet another small car to India !!-suzukicervo-exteriorsport.jpgSuzuki Cervo - Yet another small car to India !!-suzukicervo-exteriorsportrear.jpgName:  suzukicervointeriorrearseat.jpg
Views: 7737
Size:  49.3 KBSuzuki Cervo - Yet another small car to India !!-suzukicervo-interiorboot.jpg

Picture courtesy- www.9xreview.com
Old 23rd June 2010, 16:59   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

wow! i like the looks of the car -- and looking at the rear space and the boot space, its highly unlikely to be a nano competitor. Its indeed sporty with the spoiler and the alloy wheels!
Old 24th June 2010, 11:01   #24
Team-BHP Support

As everyone else, I too dont think Suzuki will be able to price the Cervo at 2L! Ideal replacement for Zen-estilo perhaps?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
4) Swift - Showing age, if not for the Fiat engine.
5) Swift Dzire - Fiat engine is keeping it alive

12000 cars a month, and still people think its just surviving because of an engine!

Jan Feb Mar Apr May Total
swift P 5200 5550 5483 5630 5740 27603
D 6361 6791 6705 6883 7020 33760
Tot 11561 12341 12188 12513 12760 61363

Source- http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...igures-10.html

You can very well see that petrol is selling in a very well. 45% of the sales come from petrol version, and that is the story even before the introduction of the K series engine.

On a lighter note- I would say FIAT is alive in the indian market because of the sale of these engines in Swift and DZire (Even Vista/ Manza as well!)!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 24th June 2010 at 11:06.
Old 24th June 2010, 11:21   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
As everyone else, I too dont think Suzuki will be able to price the Cervo at 2L! Ideal replacement for Zen-estilo perhaps?

12000 cars a month, and still people think its just surviving because of an engine!

Jan Feb Mar Apr May Total
swift P 5200 5550 5483 5630 5740 27603
D 6361 6791 6705 6883 7020 33760
Tot 11561 12341 12188 12513 12760 61363

Source- http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...igures-10.html

You can very well see that petrol is selling in a very well. 45% of the sales come from petrol version, and that is the story even before the introduction of the K series engine.

On a lighter note- I would say FIAT is alive in the indian market because of the sale of these engines in Swift and DZire (Even Vista/ Manza as well!)!
CrAzY dRiVeR

K-series engine has been introduced few months back.

But, with your fact that Swift does not sell because of Fiat's engine & Suzuki's engines are really that good.
Old 24th June 2010, 11:27   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

let's face facts, it survives because people are crazy about maruti. period. While i am not trying to undermine the Swift , it is far from perfect. you can't expect the majority of people to check and weigh in every factor before buying their cars, and Maruti's smart and lucky to have caught the attention of those very people. And Maruti is not doing social service, no matter what anyone would have me believe. They make insane profits multiplied by volumes.Not profits because only of volumes. And proof that they make insane profits is that many Maruti cars sell on huge discounts every 2nd month. (atleast the bangalore dealers do it at a miniimum of this frequency) If you tell me they are reducing prices and then selling volumes on VFM, no, no, no. Tata still produces good cars at the same or lower prices without skimping on features.

Indians spend good money on a 'perceived reliability halo', if you want me to term the phenomenon. That is the art of maximizing profit. It is not a healthy market situation for the customer.No ways. Sales figures are *not* everything. Maruti will never be truly excellent until and unless they can really put some "social customer agenda" in their corporate strategy. But you can't do it in this era as the competition is waiting to kill them,so I don't blame them either.
Old 24th June 2010, 13:40   #27
Senior - BHPian

Can we get back to the Cervo instead of debating irrelevant stuff like Fiat engine being the sole reason for Swift sales (if it is that good for sales, wonder why the magic is not seen with Punto/Linea - maybe because a car is not just the engine alone) or customers being crazy about a car-co (any company would kill to have such customers), discounts by dealers (almost everyone gives discounts) and perceptions etc ?
Old 24th June 2010, 15:00   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmx1000 View Post
And Maruti is not doing social service, no matter what anyone would have me believe. They make insane profits multiplied by volumes.Not profits because only of volumes. And proof that they make insane profits is that many Maruti cars sell on huge discounts every 2nd month. (atleast the bangalore dealers do it at a miniimum of this frequency) If you tell me they are reducing prices and then selling volumes on VFM, no, no, no.
Is only Maruti is making 'insane' profit by selling their cars? Is only Maruti giving discounts for their cars? Fiat, Hyundai, Tata... and who else is not giving discounts to boost their sales?

Quote:
Tata still produces good cars at the same or lower prices without skimping on features.
Agree with Tata's prices and features. But what about refinement, endurance and service? If Tata wins in price and features, it loses in other areas. So, not much to boast about Tata also.

Quote:
Maruti will never be truly excellent until and unless they can really put some "social customer agenda" in their corporate strategy.
Let me ask - who else is doing that? Change it like this:

"Car companies in India will never be truly excellent until and unless they can really put some "social customer agenda" in their corporate strategy."

I'm not whole heartedly supporting Maruti's policies and greed. But none else in India is a saint in this regard, and not Maruti too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Can we get back to the Cervo instead of debating irrelevant stuff like Fiat engine being the sole reason for Swift sales (if it is that good for sales, wonder why the magic is not seen with Punto/Linea - maybe because a car is not just the engine alone) or customers being crazy about a car-co (any company would kill to have such customers), discounts by dealers (almost everyone gives discounts) and perceptions etc ?
Exactly my thoughts!

Swift was a super hit even with its 1.3L engine alone - it was selling around 6-7K monthly. The Fiat MJD engine and now Suzuki K-series just added to it. That's all.
Old 5th July 2010, 23:59   #29
Senior - BHPian

cervo is going to be rEAL

Heard that the Cervo would be launched around July 20, and the top end version cost would be 1.87L ex-showroom.
A Winner indeed, Nano give way. Hyundai too.
Old 6th July 2010, 00:07   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Heard that the Cervo would be launched around July 20, and the top end version cost would be 1.87L ex-showroom.
A Winner indeed, Nano give way. Hyundai too.
Can you please mention the source ? Was it dealership salesman ?
There are a lot of news article stating that Cervo is not coming to India.
Here is one : Maruti Suzuki denies plans to launch Cervo in India-WheelsUnplugged Automobile Industry News

Article :

Quote:
As a number of domestic and international carmakers have announced the launch of their small and cheaper cars to take on 'Tata Nano', there has been a lot of buzz that Maruti Suzuki was also planning a similar segment car, priced in the range of Rs.1.5 - 2.5 lakh. There were estimates that a car christened 'Cervo' will be rolled out by Maruti Suzuki in the near future. However, a senior official when contacted by wheelsunlugged.com, has categorically denied any such development.

“We are planning to launch some models but any plans to launch Cervo are not on the drawing board of the company. We’ll make an announcement as and when we roll out the models,” as revealed by a senior official of the company, who did not wished to be named.

It is to be mentioned that Suzuki Motor Company (the parent company) has recently launched a mini-car named Cervo in Japan, which is powered by a 660cc engine offering 54 bhp. The high-end version is powered by a three-cylinder turbocharged 50-horsepower 660cc engine. The model Cervo meets Japan's 4-star emission standards and exceeds the 2010 fuel economy standards by about 10 per cent.

However, same official, when queried about 1.0 litre KB Series version of Alto, he confirmed the move. However, he maintained that the recently introduced BS-IV version of Alto would co-exist with the upcoming model. “Both the cars would be sold as the current one caters to a different segment and the 1.0 Litre Alto would is earmarked for a slightly higher segment. Ergo, the higher spec Alto will be slightly pricier,” said the official, without revealing further details.

It is to be mentioned that the KB Series engines are rolled out at Manesar in Haryana and is being fitted in Maruti Suzuki’s portfolio of models like A-Star, Ritz, Swift, Dzire, Estilo and very recently the fourth generation WagonR. The engine, apart from being Euro 4- and Euro 5-compliant, is also highly fuel-efficient, though the company is not ready to disclose its mileage.

“The K-series engines are the most advanced in the car manufacturer’s stable of engines. They will be fitted in all existing models of cars over the next 3- 5 years,” said a senior official of Maruti Suzuki earlier. In India, the Bharat 4 norms (which are derived from the Euro 4 norms) of emission are to be implemented by April 2010.
EDIT : Also have a look here : http://www.indiancarsbikes.in/cars/o...ti-alto-12863/

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks