Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2010, 14:41   #1
Senior - BHPian

Suzuki Cervo - Yet another small car to India !!

Maruti Suzuki India Ltd is planning to launch a new Maruti Cervo in Indian road soon. The company will be expected to launch Maruti Cervo model in the month of May - June 2010 in India. Maruti Cervo is the latest small car recently initiated in Japan. The compact and sleek design of Maruti Cervo looks like TATA Nano

Maruti Cervo is another compact car which is all set to pass Alto and Wagon-R. Maruti is a leader for small car market but the launch of Tata Nano has heavily affected the sales of Maruti 800 in the cheapest category. Look wise, Maruti Cervo is even more attractive then TATA Nano. Maruti Cervo will be priced in the range of Rs 1.5 to 2 lacs and TATA Nano priced range is around 1.3 Lacs. It is a five door mini car that comes with 54bhp power in the front and 660cc patrol engine and 64Nm of torque. The engine of Maruti Cervo offers peppy performance with great fuel efficiency.
The Maruti Cervo’s interior looks like new Maruti Swift. Maruti Cervo has comfortable front semi-bucket seats, sporty headlamps and fog lamps, Bluetooth capability and 4-speed auto gearbox K6A DOHC engine with VVT. Maruti Cervo will get huge success in India with their priced well with high profile.
Maruti Cervo will surely attract the younger generation with its nice features included sporty stylish look, elegant interiors and sleek external design. Maruti Cervo will definitely create a good impression in the Indian automobile market. We can say that, Maruti Cervo will be one of the fastest and most selling cars in the Indian auto market, after its launch.
Technical Specifications of Maruti Cervo Car:

§ Fuel Type: Petrol
§ Engine Description: 60-65 bhp and K6A DOHC engine with VVT
§ Engine Displacement(cc): 660
§ Seating Capacity: 5
§ Number of Doors: 4
§ Gears: 4-Speed
Maruti Cervo Price:

The Ex-show room Price of Maruti Cervo:

Maruti Cervo - Rs 150,000 - Rs 200,000 (Delhi & Mumbai Ex-Showroom Price)
Attached Thumbnails
Suzuki Cervo - Yet another small car to India !!-cervogreen.jpg  

Suzuki Cervo - Yet another small car to India !!-cervoorange.jpg  

Suzuki Cervo - Yet another small car to India !!-cervos.jpg  

Suzuki Cervo - Yet another small car to India !!-cervosteering.jpg  

Suzuki Cervo - Yet another small car to India !!-cervo-inside.jpg  

Suzuki Cervo - Yet another small car to India !!-cervo-ovrm.jpg  

Suzuki Cervo - Yet another small car to India !!-cervo-side.jpg  

Suzuki Cervo - Yet another small car to India !!-cervoblue.jpg  

Last edited by foby.sebastian : 21st June 2010 at 14:45. Reason: Normal corrections
Old 21st June 2010, 14:45   #2
BHPian

This car with all the features shown in thephotos for 2 lacs?

I have read somewhere that Mr. R C Bhargava of MSIL denied the reports about launch of this model in India.

Only time will tell.
Old 21st June 2010, 14:47   #3
BHPian

This is a speculation. MSIL have denied introduction of Cervo in I ndia. The Cervo has a separate thread. Requesting mods to close this one.
Old 21st June 2010, 14:58   #4
BHPian

@foby.sebastian - can you please share the source?
Old 21st June 2010, 15:43   #5
Senior - BHPian

Here is some news that is exactly opposite of what you have posted. There has been a lot of specualtion on this car, but now I feel that most probably this car wont make it to India. Reason is overlap. This car will be very near to Wagon R or Alto. The space between Alto and Wagon R is not enough to place this car which happens to be better looking or atleast more modern looking than Alto.

Source : http://***************.com/2010/06/maruti-cervo

Article :

Quote:
An official from Maruti Suzuki, speaking to Wheels Unplugged, clearly states there are no plans of launching Suzuki Cervo in India. A few days ago, a report published in sections of the media that a Cervo-based small car is likely to emerge in the following weeks.

Senior Maruti Suzuki Official -

We are planning to launch some models but any plans to launch Cervo are not on the drawing board of the company. We’ll make an announcement as and when we roll out the models.

When asked about the chances of a 1.0-liter K-Series Suzuki Alto for India, which in all likelihood is the confused with the “Cervo-based” small car, the official nodded. The 800cc Alto was upgraded to meet BS4 emission norms, currently in effect in main cities across India. It was previously believed that the 1.0-liter Alto could phase out the 800cc model and begin at a lower price point, but that differs heavily from the truth.

Senior Maruti Suzuki Official -

Both the cars (800cc, 1,000cc) would be sold as the current one caters to a different segment and the 1.0 Litre Alto would is earmarked for a slightly higher segment. Ergo, the higher spec Alto will be slightly pricier

The Tata Nano must feel lonely after this development.

Read more: http://***************.com/2010/06/m...#ixzz0rTt28KLB
Old 21st June 2010, 16:10   #6
BHPian

The chunky chrome strip at the front
makes me believe that the car is made with Indian taste in mind.
Old 21st June 2010, 16:26   #7
BHPian

Is it really coming? Dealer SP says yes .

Last week I had been to the Chowgule dealership for checking the new WagonR. The SP told me that the Cervo would be coming . However, he had no idea about the launch date.
Old 21st June 2010, 16:32   #8
Senior - BHPian

Even if it comes i highly doubt the pricing, it will be minimum 4-4.5lacs OTR.
Old 21st June 2010, 16:45   #9
BHPian

It is very unlikely that Cervo will come to India at that price range. The only other possibility is that it will replace the Zen Estilo, even that seems unlikely as MSIL has invested a lot on re-designing the Estilo to fit the K-series engine.
Old 21st June 2010, 23:29   #10
BHPian

It is simply impossible for Maruti to price this car for 1.5-2 Lacs. And as already said, news is also that they have shelved the plans to bring the Cervo as of now and will instead launch a modified Alto with a facelift and K SERIES engine.
Old 21st June 2010, 23:34   #11
BANNED

The crevo has to come, its time they call curtains on their old horses.

1) Alto - Aged and crampy
2) Zen Estilo - No character left anymore
3) Wagon R - Simply lost it
4) Swift - Showing age, if not for the Fiat engine.
5) Swift Dzire - Fiat engine is keeping it alive
6) A-Star - Never a 4 seater car, can best be made a 2-door car.

Suzuki please get the Crevo.

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 21st June 2010 at 23:38.
Old 22nd June 2010, 08:03   #12
BHPian

Even if MSIL brings Cervo in India,it will be difficult for them to position it. I have experienced that the sales people in the Maruti dealerships are not able to differentiate the existing models in terms of specifications. And one more model in almost same priceband/specifications will increase the confusion.
Old 22nd June 2010, 10:39   #13
Senior - BHPian

I say get rid of the aging Alto and the Estilo and get this. This actually to me looks even better than than the Wagon-r and the AStar. Keep the wagon-R as the base entry model, Cervo as the next step up and the A-star as a 2 door niche sports small car with additional kit and the works.
Old 22nd June 2010, 16:05   #14
BHPian

Maybe Cervo will get launched and replace Alto ? I read that Maruti would replace Alto with a new engine and new looks so maybe it will be a cervo?
Old 22nd June 2010, 17:39   #15
BHPian

Why do I get reminded of the Chevy Beat when I look at this car??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks