Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2011, 00:15   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata power fails to push Fiat sales

Fiat Bosses are taking note as well..

Quote:
US: Fiat chief concerned over Indian JV
By: just-auto.com editorial team | 7 February 2011

Fiat chief executive Sergio Marchionne is unhappy with the carmaker's joint venture with Tata Motors in India and plans to take steps to change the relationship.

Marchionne said that the current relationship is not working. "We gave to them the right to distribute and in some areas that is not working. We need to re-dimension how we do this deal."

The Fiat chief was speaking to the Wall Street Journal at the North American Dealers’ Association convention in San Francisco and followed comments by Tata chief executive Carl-Peter Forster last week that he was "not happy" with the rate of Fiat sales and was considering ways to restructure the partnership.

Tata Motors, which owns 50% of Fiat India Automobiles, sold 15,231 Fiat cars in the April to December 2010 period, a fall of 15% year on year
Link
Old 15th February 2011, 16:49   #182
BHPian

Saw this new in economic times today

NEW DELHI: Tata Motors today said it is redrawing distribution plans of its joint venture with Fiat as sales number of the Italian carmaker has not been up to expectations.

Redrawing distribution plans for Fiat: Tata Motors - The Economic Times
Old 16th February 2011, 10:39   #183
BANNED

Tata motors reworks its Fiat distribution strategy

Tata Motors today said it was redrawing distribution plans of its joint venture with Fiat as sales number of the Italian car maker had not been up to expectations.

As part of the plan, Fiat will now have its own independent brand showroom to showcase its products, although it will continue to sell cars through Tata Motors showroom.

“We are looking at ways to improve the sales numbers. We are not where we want to be (of Fiat branded cars). We are redrawing the plans to boost the sales,” Tata Motors vice-president (Commercial-Passenger Car Business Unit) R Ramakrishnan told reporters here.
The two companies had agreed to a joint distribution network and back-end support as part of a 50:50 joint venture agreement signed in 2007, besides co-manufacturing of products at the Ranjangaon facility near Pune.

Subsequently, Fiat cars are being sold at Tata Fiat branded showrooms but it has not been able to shore up volumes. For this financial year, in the April-January period, Fiat clocked 17,840 units as against 20,280 units in the same period last financial year, down 12.03 per cent. In January this year, Fiat sold 2,174 units, as against 2,215 units in the same month last year.

“To improve the image, we plan to open image brand centres (for Fiat). To begin with, two centres will be opened in Delhi and Pune,” he said. Ramakrishnan said the Fiat cars would continue to be sold at the existing Tata-Fiat showrooms.

He said there were issues with Fiat cars relating to ground clearance, air-conditioning and power.
Source : business standard
Mods: I checked before posting, if there is similar thread but didn't find any, however if there is one then move or delete this thread. Thanks

Last edited by jacksons : 16th February 2011 at 10:42.
Old 16th February 2011, 12:49   #184
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Fiat to launch branded showrooms

Got to read this in Vicky.in

In a bid to make a comeback, Fiat india will open its branded showrooms across india. Fiat cars are now selling through Tata showrooms. But fiat india want to keep its brand identity in order to boost sales. Fiat will now have its own independent brand showroom to showcase products, even as its cars would continue to be sold through Tata Motors showrooms.

“We are looking at ways to improve the sales numbers. We are not where we want to be (of Fiat-branded cars). We are redrawing plans to boost its sales,” said R Ramakrishnan, vice-president, commercial-passenger car business unit, Tata Motors. “To improve the image, we plan to open image brand centres (for Fiat). To begin with, two centres will be opened in Delhi and Pune.” he added.

Link... Fiat to launch branded showrooms | Vicky.in | India Automobile Blog

This is great news for FIAT If they do it, i can seriously look at buying a FIAT without going through the hazels of dealing with TATA guys.
Old 16th February 2011, 13:00   #185
BHPian

Quoting from the news piece:
>> As part of the plan, Fiat will now have its own independent brand showroom to showcase its products, although it will continue to sell cars through Tata Motors showroom.

I guess the selling and A.S.S. will continue to happen in Tata dealerships. So customers will still have to deal with Tata dealership and service guys, which is the sore-point currently.
Old 16th February 2011, 13:10   #186
Senior - BHPian

Isn't this idea of separate branded showroom was first mooted by some of our fellow members?? I remember reading about that suggestion somewhere on this forum.
If that indeed is the case then FIAT is following this forum rather closely. Time for FIAT to give BHPians some extra discounts when they book a FIAT

Last edited by download2live : 16th February 2011 at 13:20.
Old 16th February 2011, 13:24   #187
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMK_BLR View Post
I guess the selling and A.S.S. will continue to happen in Tata dealerships. So customers will still have to deal with Tata dealership and service guys, which is the sore-point currently.
As per the Poll here 68.68% Owners are satisfied with the A.S.S and only 31.32% is not satisfied with the A.S.S

Source for Poll
Old 16th February 2011, 14:01   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Isn't this idea of separate branded showroom was first mooted by some of our fellow members?? I remember reading about that suggestion somewhere on this forum.
If that indeed is the case then FIAT is following this forum rather closely. Time for FIAT to give BHPians some extra discounts when they book a FIAT
Then the first thing that fiat needs to do is stop TATA-FIAT joint venture and start their own service centers first and then fiat dealerships. We can see many BHPians who wanted to buy linea/punto and at last went for city/i20/swift.

Fiat if you are listening to us please improve the quality of your cars and give better service
Old 16th February 2011, 14:47   #189
Senior - BHPian

Fiat badly needs a comeback. They must launch one new car to renew company's image like Ford did with Figo. May be new Palio can do the trick. But they need to name it with something different. Totally new name, new car with refreshing changes, very attractive price & some new individual showrooms. That can gain attention from the crowd once again.

All the best FIAT, we love your cars. Dont let us down.
Old 16th February 2011, 14:51   #190
BHPian

Re: Fiat to launch branded showrooms

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Got to read this in Vicky.in

In a bid to make a comeback, Fiat india will open its branded showrooms across india. Fiat cars are now selling through Tata showrooms. But fiat india want to keep its brand identity in order to boost sales. Fiat will now have its own independent brand showroom to showcase products, even as its cars would continue to be sold through Tata Motors showrooms.

“We are looking at ways to improve the sales numbers. We are not where we want to be (of Fiat-branded cars). We are redrawing plans to boost its sales,” said R Ramakrishnan, vice-president, commercial-passenger car business unit, Tata Motors. “To improve the image, we plan to open image brand centres (for Fiat). To begin with, two centres will be opened in Delhi and Pune.” he added.

Link... Fiat to launch branded showrooms | Vicky.in | India Automobile Blog

This is great news for FIAT If they do it, i can seriously look at buying a FIAT without going through the hazels of dealing with TATA guys.

Its not only the image that they have to work on, they should improve their interior plastics quality, in both Punto and Linea. I think the plastic quality, fit and finish resembles a cheap Chinese made toys' plastic.
Old 16th February 2011, 15:20   #191
BHPian

I gave my car for 15000 Kms service in Dec 10 to Concorde, Chennai. Reported issues

Wiper water sprayer not working

The silver colour plastic strip was broken

Body work on left front door under insurance

Fix the rear parcel tray which was broken with the plastic fixtures that holds it by one of the water servicing guys earlier

Some niggling issues inside and outside

The vehicle was with them for 5 days

What i got

After getting consent from me 2 screws were put in the plastic that holds the rear parcel tray to hold the weight

Body work was done neatly

I was told to change the dashboard as the silver colour strip does not come alone

None of the niggling issues were fixed. First of all they say they don't hear anything

While driving back home found that the indicator does not cancel if vehicle comes in straight line

More sounds heared inside and outside at higher RPMs

The rubber holder for adjusting the ORVM is missing

After driving the car for 500 kms found the tyres are having high wear.

Gave back the car to them mentioning all these issues

The car was with them for 4 days

The doors do not shut good. Cling sound is heard in 2 doors. And the lock in front door is not opening properly. I have to open - lock the key 2 or 3 times to open the door.

What i got back

None of the niggling issues were fixed. The SA asks me not to accelerate to avoid hearing those sounds

The vehicle alignment is checked reported as to be correct but no explanation on why there is more wear. Asked me to come back if the issue exists

Indicator cancellation happens but a little late than normal

The doors are locking correctly. The SA says all car doors shut the same way and pretends to act that cling is not heard. Did not know what to say !!

Use the car for 1000 kms and still feel there is more wear in the tyres goes back.

This time the car is with them for 9 days

What i got

Since i argued that the high rate of wear did not happen till 15000 kms but only after that they agreed to replace 1 tyre at 50% discount. Did not sound good for me. I insisted them to give me in writing that there is no issue with vehicle alignment nothing works out.

Niggling issues still continues

Wiper water sprayer not working. Was told that the motor has been ordered.

The rubber holder for adjusting the ORVM is still not available

Indicator cancellation happens correctly.

My parents and wifey has advised me to stay away from the dealers to avoid more problems in the car. I am skeptical to go back to them for the fear of infusing more problems in the car.
Old 16th February 2011, 15:22   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
But they need to name it with something different. Totally new name, new car with refreshing changes, very attractive price & some new individual showrooms. That can gain attention from the crowd once again.

All the best FIAT, we love your cars. Dont let us down.
FIAT had done most of what your are recommending. With the Linea and Punto - Totally new name, new car with refreshing changes, very attractive price. They gained attention too ...but not sales.

Only thing they didnt do was new individual showrooms ...b'coz they cudn't afford to do that due to their "runaway" legacy. IF FIAT goes solo it has to develop the trust that it will not runaway again. And thts goin to be pretty tough.
Old 16th February 2011, 15:23   #193
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Its the image that they have to work upon and the fit and finish. The plastic quality is as such with par at the market. Have seen so called hot sellers having much worse quality but with better finish.

Its high people on such forum give a spare of though before penning down something which the broader audience might think its true which in reality it isn't.
Old 16th February 2011, 15:23   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnk77 View Post
Its not only the image that they have to work on, they should improve their interior plastics quality, in both Punto and Linea. I think the plastic quality, fit and finish resembles a cheap Chinese made toys' plastic.
Are these quality issues because of friendship with tata.
We can see the same kind of quality issues in TATA cars like bad plastic quality and parts falling off.
My friends brand new safaris door got opened while running(Luckily no accident happened to anyone.)
No offense to TATA owners
Old 16th February 2011, 15:30   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by p'arth View Post
FIAT had done most of what your are recommending. With the Linea and Punto - Totally new name, new car with refreshing changes, very attractive price. They gained attention too ...but not sales.

Only thing they didnt do was new individual showrooms ...b'coz they cudn't afford to do that due to their "runaway" legacy. IF FIAT goes solo it has to develop the trust that it will not runaway again. And thts goin to be pretty tough.
Dude, i know what you are saying. But FIAT has settled with Linea & Punto in India. With only 2 models you cant attract more sales. Also both cars they have are kinda Luxury cars. SO they need something which mass crowd likes. Car around 4 Lacs. Ford did exactly same. They had Fiesta, Endy, Ikon but didnt get much sales. But Figo turned it around. SO Fiat needs to bring some volume generator car. It will rebuild there image in common man. Currently common man still sees old premier padmini as a FIAT. I hope you understand my point
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks