Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2010, 21:17   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
I mean the flimsy looking bumper (when compared with older cars) is due to pedestrian safety norms, most of the new cars have it. Such bumpers more often than not can't be repaired and need to be replaced after even the slightest hits.
Sorry to dis-agree with you. Those bumpers are not at all flimsy. They HOLD pretty well on hits.

My Bro's FIGO TDCi ZXi got rear ended by a Indica Taxi yesterday on HIGHWAY. The impact was so much he thought the whole rear (bumper and trunk lid) must have been damaged. when he came out and checked there were just a few scratches, whereas Indica's bumper / headlight were banged badly.

So they might look flimsy but they have strength

Quote:
OK, so far from this thread here is what I have understood.

- New Fiesta to be launched in sedan and hatch version
- Sedan to be priced at 11+L

Going a little further, here is probably what will happen in addition

- The current Fiesta will continue in the current / lower price range and maybe replace the Ikon?
- The Fiesta hatch to be sold at a lower price range than the sedan competing against the Jazz / Fabia or opening a new price band?

Well what do you think?
The sales guy here told me that the current Fiesta will replace the IKON eventually. But he was also sure that new Sedan will not be in the region of 11 lac. He was pretty sure that the prices of new sedan will be between 7-9 for the Diesel variant.

On asking about the Hatch launch he had a grin on face and replied "Sir you know too much about the Ford's India roadmap" Eventually Ford will launch the hatch but he wasn't sure when as FIGO is doing good numbers.

Last edited by abhibh : 16th August 2010 at 21:21.
Old 16th August 2010, 21:49   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post

On asking about the Hatch launch he had a grin on face and replied "Sir you know too much about the Ford's India roadmap" Eventually Ford will launch the hatch but he wasn't sure when as FIGO is doing good numbers.

Lets not trust these FORD guys at Chd. They have already misled you once regarding the discontinuation/non-availability of Fiesta 1.6.

All these infos regarding the new Fiesta/Figo 1.6 from 'people at ford dealerships/friend's friend who is working with ford/friend's friend's uncle working as a part supplier to ford' can best be treated as RUMORS. At least until we get a statement from FORD itself regarding the launch of these vehicles.

There is nothing new being discussed here in this thread anymore. Nothing save for speculations and rumors based on statements from unreliable sources.
Unreliable because as many here must have noticed all these sources are giving contradictory statements. Some say that fiesta will be priced above 11 lakhs while others say it will be priced between 7-9 lakhs. Some say Figo 1.6 won't be launched anytime soon, others say its launch is sure to happen. Then again there are other speculations regarding these cars, all contradictory to each other.

Regards.

Last edited by YC.BALENO.CHD : 16th August 2010 at 21:52.
Old 16th August 2010, 22:57   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
The sales guy here told me that the current Fiesta will replace the IKON eventually. But he was also sure that new Sedan will not be in the region of 11 lac. He was pretty sure that the prices of new sedan will be between 7-9 for the Diesel variant.

To add to the confusion, and its a little OT, there is also this Figo (aka last gen fiesta) based sedan in Brazil, which could (and should) have been a replacement for the Ikon.

Ford - Viva o Novo

Attached Thumbnails
Scoop Pics : New Fiesta Hatch caught testing along with camouflaged Figo-brazilian-2011-fiesta-sedan.jpg  

Old 17th August 2010, 00:15   #94
Senior - BHPian

A figo face,an old mondeo back and fiesta middle!No thank you please,current fiesta is much better to look at.
Old 17th August 2010, 02:05   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitg79 View Post
I dont see why Ford would disguise the car for a new engine variant, unless they wanted to attract more attention. The only altered part (the tail lamps) are undisguised.

But hoping its the Figo 1.6. That car would be good fun to drive.

Great scoop, btw.
The uncamouflaged car is a Ford Ka might be renamed something else in india
Old 17th August 2010, 09:15   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

I like the Mondeo inspired back! But front is little confusing -- I still feel this is better than the current ford ikon any day [I loved and am still in love with the face lifted 1.6 Nxt version -- with the mesh grill]. But Fiesta looks better than this.

Edit: Are those alloys from Fiesta 1.6S ?

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 17th August 2010 at 09:16.
Old 1st June 2012, 20:12   #97
BHPian

Re: Scoop Pics : Ford Figo : New Engine variant / Cosmetic change?? + new Fiesta Hatc

It seems that Figo Facelift is around the cornor. Autocar India reports the same here is the link

Ford Figo facelift spy pics - News - Autocar India
LongDrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2012, 12:10   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Scoop Pics : Ford Figo : New Engine variant / Cosmetic change?? + new Fiesta Hatc

Fiesta hatch caught testing yet again.

Scoop Pics : New Fiesta Hatch caught testing along with camouflaged Figo-324317_362511650493621_1428057067_o.jpg

Source - Motor Vikatan on Facebook

Also, a promo video of the Fiesta ahead of the Paris Motor Show.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 7th September 2012 at 12:14.
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2012, 16:10   #99
Senior - BHPian

^^ It's great news, thanks for sharing!

I have a feeling that this Fiesta hatchback would be using the 1L EcoBoost engine in its petrol guise & the 1.5L TDCi in the diesel version. And I believe it would be priced in the i20 category, which is just mouth watering for a hatch like this, IMO. But again, due to a premium positioning in the market, the spare part costs may be on the higher side just like the i20.

Is this another Getz CRDi in the making? This time, with better handling as well.

Moreover, the sedan should get the 1.6L TDCi (16v version) apart from price revisions, if Ford wants it to do any better in that segment

Last edited by blackfire_9 : 7th September 2012 at 16:21.
Old 7th September 2012, 16:33   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Fiesta hatch caught testing yet again.
Thanks for the SCOOP !

Please bring this , i have a PUNTO to replace

^ FORD are you listening

PS - Also these FIESTA hatch test mules are going undisguised , WHY ?

Last edited by karan561 : 7th September 2012 at 16:35.
Old 7th September 2012, 16:49   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561

PS - Also these FIESTA hatch test mules are going undisguised , WHY ?
Because there is nothing to hide. This hatchback is already in Europe, North America & Australia since 2 years (called as sixth gen Fiesta)

The diiference is the engine, there it was 1.6 duratorq and in India 1.5duratorq.
Old 7th September 2012, 17:24   #102
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
^^ It's great news, thanks for sharing!

I have a feeling that this Fiesta hatchback would be using the 1L EcoBoost engine in its petrol guise & the 1.5L TDCi in the diesel version. And I believe it would be priced in the i20 category, which is just mouth watering for a hatch like this, IMO. But again, due to a premium positioning in the market, the spare part costs may be on the higher side just like the i20.

Is this another Getz CRDi in the making? This time, with better handling as well.

Moreover, the sedan should get the 1.6L TDCi (16v version) apart from price revisions, if Ford wants it to do any better in that segment
There are reports that the 1.0L EcoBoost has been plonked into the new Ford Mondeo, and that is a huge car! First impression would be that the Mondeo will be seriously underpowered with this engine, but the guys at Ford feel that the EcoBoost is powerful and efficient enough to pull the Mondeo with considerable ease. I won't be surprised if the Fiesta hatch gets this engine as well.

Expected price range - 6.5L to 8.5L, bang into i20 territory. There should be an AT variant available too. We might see the Fiesta hatch sometime around the third quarter of 2013.
Old 7th September 2012, 18:04   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi

There are reports that the 1.0L EcoBoost has been plonked into the new Ford Mondeo, and that is a huge car! First impression would be that the Mondeo will be seriously underpowered with this engine, but the guys at Ford feel that the EcoBoost is powerful and efficient enough to pull the Mondeo with considerable ease. I won't be surprised if the Fiesta hatch gets this engine as well.
Yes, as per reports 1.0L Ecoboost will sit in Mondeo next year. 1.0L 3 Cyl turbo charged engine comes in 2 versions 101ps & 125ps and 125 ps may sit in Mondeo. These engines are said to be 20% more fuel efficient and with reduced emmissions. It looks underpowered for big Mondeo at leat 1.6L Ecoboost with 180ps would have beeen right combination.
Old 7th September 2012, 18:24   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post
Yes, as per reports 1.0L Ecoboost will sit in Mondeo next year. 1.0L 3 Cyl turbo charged engine comes in 2 versions 101ps & 125ps and 125 ps may sit in Mondeo. These engines are said to be 20% more fuel efficient and with reduced emmissions. It looks underpowered for big Mondeo at leat 1.6L Ecoboost with 180ps would have beeen right combination.
I don't think the 1.0 L Eco Boost will sit in the Mondeo. Per report below, it will be the 1.6 L and 2.0L Eco Boost engines that will power the Fusion in the US and its avatar in Europe known as Mondeo.
http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/News/Se...cial-pictures/
Old 12th September 2012, 05:17   #105
Team-BHP Support

Moderator's note: Please keep this thread for scoop pics and discussion on Fiesta Hatchback Indian launch alone.

To discuss the international version of the Fiesta launched recently please go over to this thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...ton-looks.html

To know more about the Ford Figo facelift expected soon, head over to this thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...d-testing.html

Thanks,

Team-BHP Support

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks