Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2010, 23:05   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Scoop Pics : New Fiesta Hatch caught testing along with camouflaged Figo

Hey team mates,

I had been to Pondicherry this weekend [07 & 08 Aug 2010] and guess what - I saw a camouflaged Figo + new Fiesta hatch [I believe] on the road and clicked couple of pics [near Acharapakkam].

The Ford Figo has a new tail lamp and hence I am posting it here. Not sure whether a related discussion topic exists.

Please give your inputs on this and if this is already existing, please merge or move this thread to the appropriate thread.

I kind of feel that this Figo might be sporting a new engine rather than just a cosmetic change since this product is just 5-6 months old.

I felt the Fiesta driver saw me clicking pics and he drove into a side road but the Figo continued the testing and clicked the last 3 pics of Figo when he was driving next / in front of my car.

I wanted to follow this guy and click more pics. But my friends were too furious saying this is not a scoop and was totally frustrated with my activities [I crossed the figo while driving and then I realized its camouflaged. So went forward and stopped and came back through the gap I got between couple of parked trucks a on the road side and then took the pic -- and when I started after taking the first Figo pic, I noticed the the other car parked behind Figo [Fiesta hatch] and did again a bit of adventurous drive to go behind these cars to click the pics. And they started really fuming this time as there was a ditch on one side and trucks on the other side and I was driving in between]

After all only bhpians will understand the value of such pics and findings

Pics time now !

Figo with new tail lamp [ the front looks pretty much the same]

Scoop Pics : New Fiesta Hatch caught testing along with camouflaged Figo-img_3480.jpg

Scoop Pics : New Fiesta Hatch caught testing along with camouflaged Figo-img_3484.jpg

Scoop Pics : New Fiesta Hatch caught testing along with camouflaged Figo-img_3485.jpg

Scoop Pics : New Fiesta Hatch caught testing along with camouflaged Figo-img_3486.jpg

Fiesta Hatch

Scoop Pics : New Fiesta Hatch caught testing along with camouflaged Figo-img_3481.jpg

Scoop Pics : New Fiesta Hatch caught testing along with camouflaged Figo-img_3482.jpg
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2010, 23:29   #2
BHPian

Hmm time for figo 1.6?
Am really surprised that fiesta hatches are strutting about uncamouflaged.
Old 8th August 2010, 23:36   #3
BHPian

thats a great scoop loved the rear looks of the fiesta hatch .
ford is going all guns blazing .bad news for gm ,maruti and hyundai i guess
Old 8th August 2010, 23:40   #4
Senior - BHPian

Good catch there!The rear taillamps seem to be the only thing new on the Figo.So is Ford already lining up its famous "Special" versions?

Or is it the 1.6 petrol Figo?
Old 8th August 2010, 23:49   #5
BHPian

kindly water mark them so that they are not picked up by other sites
Old 8th August 2010, 23:56   #6
Team-BHP Support

Here comes the Ford answer to Polo 1.6. They will plonk the Duratech 1.6 into it it and make it the pocket rocket.
Its possible we may also see 6 gear to make it BSIV compliant.

Regarding the Fiesta hatch, I doubt if they would release it here.
Looks like its more of stress test in the different parts of the world.
Old 9th August 2010, 00:22   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya116 View Post
Hmm time for figo 1.6?
Hopefully, its the 1.6.

That will be an affordable pocket rocket unlike the polo 1.6.
Old 9th August 2010, 00:57   #8
Senior - BHPian

GREAT scoop, thanks!

I've seen that Fiesta hatch (in red though) a couple of times, but the Figo with a new tail-lamp is a surprise. Why in the world would they be doing a facelift so soon?

As everyone says, it is probably the 1.6 petrol. If so, I will hang myself for not waiting. Not that the 1.4 TDCi is slow, but still! The 1.6 engine would be oh-so-perfect in this hot hatch!
Old 9th August 2010, 01:43   #9
BHPian

The tail lamps look like they are from the European version (just before it was replaced by the fiesta hatchback shown here)
Old 9th August 2010, 02:00   #10
BHPian

@prashanthyr
You are right.

I always felt like the Ford Figo looked like the previous generation fiesta hatchback. But now I know it. The face lift is nothing more that the previous generation european fiesta mark V hatchback. Specifically the tail lights. Have a look for yourself.

File:Fiestamk7rear.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And we get this after 3 years?

Last edited by CR-V : 9th August 2010 at 02:03.
Old 9th August 2010, 07:36   #11
Senior - BHPian

Excellent Find. Thanks for those pics. I know its not an easy job.

I see the key hole on the boot of the Figo. On the current version only the lxi variants come with a key hole. Also No Wipers and Fog Lamps. So doubts its going to be the 1.6 unless Ford decides to give that too in all variants.

Its kind of funny that they covered the front ford logo and left the rear one intact.
Old 9th August 2010, 07:46   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

May be Ford was trying to take attention away from the Fiesta Hatch. Why ? The Figo is currently in production, so nothing new there. The tail lamp cluster design was too easy to take care of - just swap with the regular unit. The rear door is the only part that does not have the camouflage paint .. wonder why.

Then agian, the Fiesta hatch has been running around for some time now. Wonder what are they trying to hide by covering the badging ? Just pull off the badge and be done with it, Ford.
Old 9th August 2010, 08:01   #13
Senior - BHPian

Oh la la.

Figo with 1.6 engine, now that going to be meatilicious. Ford is gearing for a new success story I guess. Bring it on Ford, we definitly need Figo's with 1.6. Fiesta hatch anyway is not going to be coming to the Indian market since New Fiesta 2011 is waiting in the wings.
Nice pics and scoop BTW. Great work, detective.
Old 9th August 2010, 09:47   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Oh la la.

Figo with 1.6 engine, now that going to be meatilicious. Ford is gearing for a new success story I guess. Bring it on Ford, we definitly need Figo's with 1.6. Fiesta hatch anyway is not going to be coming to the Indian market since New Fiesta 2011 is waiting in the wings.
Nice pics and scoop BTW. Great work, detective.

Figo is already a success story.

Secondly, if you are talking of Figo 1.6 then I fail to understand how exactly its headed to be a success. Our market is not exactly power hungry.

We have seen that people hardly are as fond of baleno/fiesta1.6/OHC/Palio1.6 as we tbhpians are.
I guess I do not really need to elaborate much on this.

So, when you say 'success story' what exactly do you mean?

If its about sales that you are talking I do not really think that its going to happen. Although I really wish that cars like Figo with good dynamics and great performance should do well in India.

But if you meant that it will be a success story in terms of popularity amongst car enthusiasts of this country (which I may add are few in our nation) I am quite sure that its going to be as favorite as the cars I mentioned earlier in this post, maybe more.

Regards.

Last edited by YC.BALENO.CHD : 9th August 2010 at 09:50.
Old 9th August 2010, 10:14   #15
BHPian

why?

I dont see why Ford would disguise the car for a new engine variant, unless they wanted to attract more attention. The only altered part (the tail lamps) are undisguised.

But hoping its the Figo 1.6. That car would be good fun to drive.

Great scoop, btw.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks