Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2012, 13:35   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: Scoop Pics : Ford Figo : New Engine variant / Cosmetic change?? + new Fiesta Hatc

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Expected price range - 6.5L to 8.5L, bang into i20 territory. There should be an AT variant available too. We might see the Fiesta hatch sometime around the third quarter of 2013.
Hey is this expected pricing for the petrol fiesta hatch or diesel ? If they launch a 1.5 tdci at 8.5l OTR, i'll be seriously tempted to upgrade from my Polo diesel!
Old 12th September 2012, 15:43   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk

Hey is this expected pricing for the petrol fiesta hatch or diesel ? If they launch a 1.5 tdci at 8.5l OTR, i'll be seriously tempted to upgrade from my Polo diesel!
I was told that only Titanium variant is going to come for Fiesta Hatch. The pricing has not been done and expected to cost within 8 L ex-showroom for 1.5 tdci.
Figo tdci titanium is 6L ex showroom and hence Fiesta tdci could be 1.75 - 2L more.
Old 12th September 2012, 16:43   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Scoop Pics : Ford Figo : New Engine variant / Cosmetic change?? + new Fiesta Hatc

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
For the range. Prices should be ex-showroom.

2 variants might be on offer initially - ZXI and Titanium, for petrol and diesel, with alloys, steering-mounted controls, fog lamps, premium leather upholstery and other chrome-based features differentiating the two.
Old 12th September 2012, 18:24   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane

I was told that only Titanium variant is going to come for Fiesta Hatch. The pricing has not been done and expected to cost within 8 L ex-showroom for 1.5 tdci.
Figo tdci titanium is 6L ex showroom and hence Fiesta tdci could be 1.75 - 2L more.
Is this based on speculation only or do you have a source inside Ford India?
Old 13th September 2012, 12:14   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4d-maniac

Is this based on speculation only or do you have a source inside Ford India?
Yes, as told by Ford insider who is currently working on ecosports. He is in another forum with handle Mustang101. He is answering to my clarifications on facelift Figo and Fiesta hatchback.
HighOctane is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2012, 12:23   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane

Yes, as told by Ford insider who is currently working on ecosports. He is in another forum with handle Mustang101. He is answering to my clarifications on facelift Figo and Fiesta hatchback.
Wow! This is good news. I remember mustang101. He had given us some great scoops before fiesta sedan launch. I was in lookout for a C segment sedan, but for fiesta hatch I will wait.
Old 13th September 2012, 12:24   #112
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Scoop Pics : New Fiesta Hatch caught testing along with camouflaged Figo

They need to bring in the AT as well as learn from the pricing mistake they made with the new fiesta.

They need to forget the fiesta pricing and look at this as a solo and price it compared with the competition. Initial penetration pricing will be the key. If they just go on par with the competition they will not be able to move - being a later entrant in the segment.

If they try to make the Fiesta sedan pricing seem sensible vs the hatch they are likely to fail in their efforts. They need to forget all about the sedan misadventure for a while and focus just on making the hatch a success. 2013 H2 will be quite late - this needs to come in as soon as possible. Besides Figo and to some extent Classic Ford is on Oxygen right now.

Diesel option will be the key and an AT Diesel would make it a unique proposition if they can manage that as well.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2012, 13:00   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
For the range. Prices should be ex-showroom.

2 variants might be on offer initially - ZXI and Titanium, for petrol and diesel, with alloys, steering-mounted controls, fog lamps, premium leather upholstery and other chrome-based features differentiating the two.
Thanks for the info guys! I hope Ford re-considers price at the time of launch, 8l ex-showroom will translate to close to 10l OTR down south, pretty expensive for a hatch. It has everything going for it, if Ford price it on par with i20 or to under cut it, they can be assured of success.
Old 13th September 2012, 15:50   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk
8l ex-showroom will translate to close to 10l OTR down south, pretty expensive for a hatch. It has everything going for it, if Ford price it on par with i20 or to under cut it, they can be assured of success.
The pricing has not been done and he indicated that ex showroom price will be under 8L. Even if they price it at 8L, then on road price in Bangalore will be around 9.55L which may not work out for a premium hatch.

They may have to price it at par with i20 to get fair Sales Volume. But even though if they price it along side of i20, then Fiesta hatch should have the long list of features that are present in i20.
Old 13th September 2012, 16:14   #115
Senior - BHPian

I seem to believe that the Fiesta hatch would be coming in at about 7-7.5 lacs ex-showroom for the Titanium diesel (1.5 TDCi) & that would a fair price considering Figo retails at about 6 lacs for its Titanium 1.4 TDCi.

Though it would be expensive than the i20, I would be willing to pay that differential because I would be getting a proper driver's car, with decent interiors & build quality. Plus, Ford cars (no idea about SUVs) have excellent air-conditioning & I believe it is not so with the i20. However, on the other hand, i20 offers a gem of an engine that's unparalleled & a slick 6-speed gearbox.

Last edited by blackfire_9 : 13th September 2012 at 16:16.
Old 14th September 2012, 16:45   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
I seem to believe that the Fiesta hatch would be coming in at about 7-7.5 lacs ex-showroom for the Titanium diesel (1.5 TDCi) & that would a fair price considering Figo retails at about 6 lacs for its Titanium 1.4 TDCi.
Agree completely. There will be lot of buyers like me who are looking for a premium hatch would be interested. I, for one, had shortlisted Punto MJD Emotion and i20 CRDI Sportz. I have seen Ford Fiesta hatch in the UK and it looks smashing. If priced correctly, it will be a fantastic!!
Old 14th September 2012, 18:43   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post

If they try to make the Fiesta sedan pricing seem sensible vs the hatch they are likely to fail in their efforts. They need to forget all about the sedan misadventure for a while and focus just on making the hatch a success. 2013 H2 will be quite late - this needs to come in as soon as possible. Besides Figo and to some extent Classic Ford is on Oxygen right now.

Diesel option will be the key and an AT Diesel would make it a unique proposition if they can manage that as well.
Good analysis, and this is quite likely to be the realistic picture at the time of launch.

Having seen the hatch in England in 2010, I was eagerly waiting for it. But now I think it is not worth waiting for another year, moreso due to the challenges Ford will face on the pricing front.

I'd rather go for a Figo soon. I hate the handling of the i-20 and its AC, though it looks a lot better and has a better engine. Punto is out due to Fiat horror stories, and Polo due to its 3-cylinder engine.

So finally it is going to be a Figo or a Beat, probably in a couple of months.
Old 15th September 2012, 14:35   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post
The pricing has not been done and he indicated that ex showroom price will be under 8L. Even if they price it at 8L, then on road price in Bangalore will be around 9.55L which may not work out for a premium hatch.

They may have to price it at par with i20 to get fair Sales Volume. But even though if they price it along side of i20, then Fiesta hatch should have the long list of features that are present in i20.
A sub 8L ex-showroom looks much better, and if they adopt the Figo pricing strategy and undercut rivals, the Fiesta hatch will definitely see some sales.

When launched,it'll be the most complete hatchback on sale, and those who value driving pleasure will easily opt for it over the other options. This segment looks to heat up in the coming years, New fiesta hatch,2014 Polo with 1.5l engine
Old 14th April 2013, 18:50   #119
BHPian

As per following article Fiesta hatchback will be launched in July

http://cartechmaniac.com/beware-ford...hback-is-here/

Do we have any news about the hatchback?
Old 14th April 2013, 19:01   #120
BHPian

I had seen the fiesta hatch in dubai when I was there last February. It looked brilliant and modern. If they launch this car here am sure it should be a super hit. From all angles the car looked good to me. I even checked it out at the showroom there.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks