Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2010, 02:11   #16
Senior - BHPian

I can imagine how you feel. I'm playing the waiting game myself, having booked a Swift. I've been reading all the Swift threads, been visiting tyre shops to check alloys, tyre upsizes etc... to ensure that the minute the car comes, I'm ready to tweak her.

Anyways, the wait should be over soon (I hope).
Old 26th August 2010, 11:33   #17
BHPian

Wow - so many ways to deal with the looooong waiting period !. Im planning to go visit the showroom this weekend and get a test-drive - again - lolz !.

@Lalvaz : The main reason I did not lean towards the Swift was the extraordinarily long waiting time for the Diesel variant. That I think single handedly killed its prospects. I hope Hyundai and the i20 (CRDi) I booked don't end in the same pool !.

Cheers !
Old 27th August 2010, 11:08   #18
JRD
BHPian

Waiting for deliveries has become a new trend these days. If its something exclusive or maybe even hand built, then it justifies the waiting period. But waiting for vehicle that is supposed to be sold in large numbers is just taking the customer for a ride.

The latest incident that was brought to my attention by a friend is the waiting period of 5 months for a Polo diesel without even a TD available vs a 10 day delivery wait for a equally spec ford figo. I mean they should have figured before launching the product that the vendors were unable to provide the plastic quality. How does ford (exception of the fiesta S), honda and hyundai manage these things.

Simple way of dealing with waiting periods is to buy a car that is available within a justifiable time frame.
Old 27th August 2010, 12:15   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Waiting? what waiting? I bought my first car in 45 minutes flat (from first touch to first drive home)

But had to wait for a month to take delivery of my first new car - Hyundai i10.
Spend that time on tbhp - finalizing on tire upgrades, seat cover color, sunfilm etc.
Counted down every L-O-N-G day kike anything, and couldn't concentrate in office for the last few days.
But the sales rep said 1 month - and delivered in 1 month.
I got my K10 in a day, instead of 45 minutes, simply because family refused to take delivery on a Saturday. The trick was to visit the show room just when the car was launched and the first lot arrived at the dealers. Before others could react I had the K10!
Old 27th August 2010, 17:05   #20
BHPian

Ahh when u have team-bhp around to keep you engrossed you do not have to worry.
As GTO said--prepare yourself for the new car ; this would be simplest way.
I have booked my white vdi with abs and its waiting time is 5 months! Imagine how tormenting it is to wait for your dream after eating many heads of experts in team-bhp for 1 year to finalize your first car.
I am wondering whether I should cancel it or not as new swift is round the corner. Life is really confusing at times. Tnx team-Bhp.

Last edited by Anandg : 27th August 2010 at 17:11.
Old 27th August 2010, 17:31   #21
Senior - BHPian

Got Interest on Booking Amount During Waiting Period

Hi guys,

There is nothing much you can do but wait and ofcourse as GTO mentioned, one can use that time to finalize accessories and stuff.

However, I remember getting a 2% or 5% interest (not sure) on my booking amount when I bookind my Swift Vxi in 2005. This was offered by Vitesse but not by Auto Vista. It does not amount to a huge sum but it still is an appreciable offer from the company/dealer which I liked. Another good thing was that I booked the car in September 2005 and was told that delivery would be after 6 months i.e. March 2005; however I got delivery in 3 months itself. I got my car on 17th December 2005, just in time for Xmas. What a gift!
Old 27th August 2010, 17:55   #22
BHPian

Nice Thread. Delivery waiting period could definitely get so frustrating. I've always bought cars with negligible waiting period or from the used market. So, never had to go through this ordeal. But I've booked a White Vento Diesel and have been counting days since then. There's no communication w.r.t. a test drive atleast. Always had confidence that the Vento diesel would rock the segment and GTO's review further validated it. Went ahead and booked one at Orion on 16th Aug. Even though I knew it would take atleast a month for the delivery, can't believe the fact that there's not even a TD vehicle in sight. But as suggested, thinking on the lines of arranging for the loan docs and other formalities rather than the car itself.
Old 27th August 2010, 19:30   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by calm_cruiser View Post
Hello All,

I am going through the pain myself - have booked an i20 CRDi about 25 days ago and there is still no sign of anything moving.

I am marking off days on the calendar one-by-one, but that does seem to help the anxiety of actually getting my car

Cheers
This is EXACTLY what I am going through, maybe in a much worst stage!!

Booked a White i20 CRDI Asta on 7th of July and today I am running on the 51st DAY!!!. Dealer has now given the deadline as 10th of September.
Now the latest news from Hyundai is that they are increasing the price by 1.5% from 1st of September, Dealer has called up asked to submit the DD for the entire amount before end of August.

I've stopped counting days! I feel dejected, depressed, fooled and trapped now! :(

Ford guys are still calling me and offering a ready delivery of Figo Titanium.

Really don't know what to do..
Old 27th August 2010, 19:50   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by calm_cruiser View Post
Wow - so many ways to deal with the looooong waiting period !. Im planning to go visit the showroom this weekend and get a test-drive - again - lolz !.

@Lalvaz : The main reason I did not lean towards the Swift was the extraordinarily long waiting time for the Diesel variant. That I think single handedly killed its prospects. I hope Hyundai and the i20 (CRDi) I booked don't end in the same pool !.

Cheers !
Totally understand what you're saying. I myself walked away from Maruti when I was told about the 3 month waiting, then went to Hyundai, since I was an existing Hyundai customer, liked the I20 diesel, but found the dealer a lil suspect, then the not so good A/C, and the high price just turned me off. Went to Fiat, they did not bother giving a TD, then went back to Maruti, and guess what, although they promised a 3 month waiting, they are now giving delivery in about 45 days. So, thats a welcome surprise, and I'm thrilled with the level of follow up and customer care that they've shown so far. Now just waiting for the car, which should be delivered next week.
Old 27th August 2010, 20:14   #25
BHPian

Waiting can be interesting if it is for few days when you spend the time dreaming about the new set of wheels and planning upgrades. But when it comes to waiting for months it really kills the excitement of owning a new car. I remember my uncle waiting for more than 6 months for his Dzire! By that time he lost his desire to own a car Had it been me in his shoes I would have gone for a different car even if it costs more.
Old 27th August 2010, 22:25   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Just like GTO said here, it depends on the car. The wait for the Fortuner was worth it but it was really frustrating when i had to wait for my Swift VDi ABS(Even though it was just a month).
Old 28th August 2010, 03:00   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
it was like walking around in a dream. I was telling whoever I saw at home/office/anywhere else, "I am buying a CAR!!" all out of context .
It sure is It happend to me too when I had to buy my First car a second hand M800. I just could not wait to get it and I could not believe it was mine after I got it.
Three years later when I had to sell it, It was very painful. Then I had to wait another week to get my hands on used CRDi. All went well for a year after which I had to spend a lot of money on Maintainance. By the time I sold it I had to change almost every other part, Other than the Engine and Clutch. Now I could not wait to sell it. Believe me "It was the longest week ever selling it". After 6 years of driving a car, I had no car It was hard. After test driving many, I shortlisted the Figo and was ready to wait for 2 months, Because what the CRDi put me through. I was glad it's over . Luckily for me I got the delivery in less than two weeks. Till I got the keys in my hand though "I was forever on Team-bhp and youtube looking at the pictures and videos. I'm glad it's all over now.
Old 28th August 2010, 17:04   #28
BHPian

Update from me

Note from Mod : Strictly no more than 2 smileys per post please. Read our rules

@Flash777 - Thank you for appreciating the thread. Feels nice that fellow BHP-ains liked my first ever thread. Congrats for booking the Vento. I read reviews and it sure looks like one "iVtec" killer on the prowl !. Do keep us posted when you get the diesel motor.

@Aroy - You are one LUCKY person . 45 mintues just seems like a dream to me, hehe.

@Lalvaz - Sounds like your wait is almost over !. Im sure that it'll be just an awesome feeling when you get that phone call from the showroom that says "uhm ..Sir, your car is ready for delivery". I dream about that call every day lolz !!.

@Mathew1105 - Congratulations on the Figo. The red color does look nice on it. I hope the CRDi issues that you mention don't crop up on my new i20 CRDi.

Folks - another update from me : I finally gave into wait-anxiety and called the showroom yesterday. I was so getting restless about the fact that everything was in place (Loan, cash, paperwork, the works) and there was absolutely no communication from the showroom. Thought I should call them up and at least get some proof that they had booked the car from Hyundai (I mean there has got to be a transaction number / reference number when they requested for a car from Hyundai). The manager at the showroom kept dilly-dallying till I used the "Will..cancel..the deal" statement . It paid rich dividends and they gave me the reference / booking number in a flash. I now at least know that something is in the pipeline.

Quick question though - is it possible to decipher the reference number to get more details, like a VIN can be decoded. Tried to use all kinds of logic to decode the number - hehe. Well, the good thing is that I at least have something now - a Number - if not the car itself

Cheers !

Last edited by GTO : 30th August 2010 at 09:11. Reason: Note from Mod : Strictly no more than 2 smileys per post please. Read our rules
calm_cruiser is offline   Received Infraction
Old 28th August 2010, 21:28   #29
BHPian

[quote=Epic;2045195 Another good thing was that I booked the car in September 2005 and was told that delivery would be after 6 months i.e. March 2005; however I got delivery in 3 months itself. [/quote]

Hey, something similar happened to me too - around the same time I guess. I had booked a black ZXi and was told that the waiting period is over 6 weeks for a ZXi while for the VXi it was less. However I got it in around 2 weeks. Was a pleasant surprise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa_asif View Post
Booked a White i20 CRDI Asta on 7th of July and today I am running on the 51st DAY!!!.
But I thought that the i20 CRDI was not doing much sales. So is the sales of the petrol version that is causing this?
Old 29th August 2010, 00:23   #30
BHPian

I booked a Vento diesel Highline on the 2nd or third day since the booking opened. I was initially told i would get my car sometime during the 3rd week of September. I got a call yesterday saying that my car will only be delivered in November

I have read GTOs review like almost 3-4 times over and also his thread on how he ICE'd his civic and i thought i will get myself the same one though when i went to finalize my audio system i could only settle for a double din system without touchscreen, front and rear speakers and a 4 channel amp to power them. i am still contemplating if i should get a tyre upsize or no (i most probably will) and waiting for GTOs suggestion on which colour to buy. I like white black and red. Dont want to buy the beige as i already have a NHC of the same colour.

Coming back to the main topic as to how i am spending the waiting period i am looking for the best deal on my 2.5yr old Zen Estilo. but yeah the wait is killing and i hope the excitement doesnt die till the time the car arrives

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks