Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2010, 10:05   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by miharbe View Post
I booked a Vento diesel Highline on the 2nd or third day since the booking opened. I was initially told i would get my car sometime during the 3rd week of September. I got a call yesterday saying that my car will only be delivered in November
Wow - November is like 3months away !!..I sure hope that you get the Vento sooner than that . Its day 27 today and Im just about keeping my head above water lolz. T-Bhp has been a great help - have been reading up a lot and also following up on a couple of threads.

@mirhabe - The Vento TDi has been making all the right kind of noises on the car scene, am sure the wait will be well worth it - just like GTO said.

Cheers !
Old 30th August 2010, 11:42   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by calm_cruiser View Post
@Mathew1105 - Congratulations on the Figo. The red color does look nice on it. I hope the CRDi issues that you mention don't crop up on my new i20 CRDi.
Thanks Calm Cruiser!! It sure does look good. It was my daughters choice though. My wife and I had a different color in mind. However the little one was firm on her decision .

I don't think it would. I bought an used one & ended up with a Lemon.But I believe it was because of the 1st owner. And only after I sold the car I found out that there's no record of service history in Hyundai of the first owner. As long as I had it, I serviced it only in Hyundai.
Old 1st September 2010, 20:36   #33
BHPian

All the best dude for the waiting period, I think it will be over soon .

I too was looking at the i20 and the Polo, but the i20 was too expensive for me and the POLO although expensive impressed me, but it had a waiting tag of 4months for the petrol trendline. This disappointed me because I am very very impatient about things close to my heart.

So, took a TD of the Fiat Grande Punto 1.2L , they offered pretty good discounts, and the looks just simply killed me and my Fiance then and there. We went ahead and booked it within 2 days. Now waiting for it to be delivered. Booked the Bossa Nova White 1.2 Active with some accessories to be fit in. I have been promised around 15th of Sept, lets see. I am getting anxious, very anxious already. Getting busy with work certainly is helping, but there is a limit to that. For the other time, I am planning for movies, dining out and what not. Ofcourse T-Bhp is helping to consume up a lot of those anxious moments.

All the best buddies, all of u who are waiting.......and wish me luck too, this is going to be my first car.
Old 4th September 2010, 09:54   #34
BHPian

@arpanjha - Thank you !. The GP 1.2 is a great looker indeed. I was keen on the 90HP variant but since we already own the Linea, I decided to try out another brand. Do keep us posted on the latest.

Heres another update from me : I'm still waiting on the dealer to get back to me for the i20 CRDi. All I hear now is chatter that Hyundai is clearing deliveries in the first half of this month. Each day seems so long now-a-days. Especially weekends when there is no reason to bury oneself into work all day long !!.
Old 5th September 2010, 15:33   #35
BHPian

Happy

Hello all - The constant phone calls have made a difference, the dealer says that they will let me know the chassis number and engines number in the next 2 days

Can anyone please shed light on how long it takes for the actual delivery after the chassis # is disclosed - sorry about all the questions, am just getting impatient now !!.

Cheers !
Old 6th September 2010, 16:49   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Hello all - The constant phone calls have made a difference, the dealer says that they will let me know the chassis number and engines number in the next 2 days

Can anyone please shed light on how long it takes for the actual delivery after the chassis # is disclosed - sorry about all the questions, am just getting impatient now !!.

Cheers !
Thats a good news! This means that your vehicle has been allotted and now you need to wait for the transit time which would be roughly a week.

One my side, Regarding the i20 CRDi , I'm still waiting for the Engine and Chassis #. they promised to share the same once the vehicle will be allotted. As of now they have promised the delivery by 10th of Sep which is very very hard to believe :(

Last edited by aa_asif : 6th September 2010 at 16:51.
Old 6th September 2010, 20:33   #37
Senior - BHPian

The waiting Period is killing me.

Earlier i opted out of Vento and even the Polo 1.6 because of 3 month and 2 month waiting period respectivley.

Hence i booked the Fiesta 1.6S after getting to know from the SR that they can get it in 30 days flat.

Now i call them up, they are saying since FIgo's is already in Backlog, they can only deliver is by Oct Mid, which is like a good 1 and half month from now.

My only other car in Contention (after 1.6S and Polo 1.6) the Jazz X is readily available, but i am not too keen on it.

Now i have got a call from VW saying that they can deliver the car by Mid Oct.
In Real dilemma now Fiesta 1.6 S or the Polo 1.6
Old 7th September 2010, 19:49   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
Now i have got a call from VW saying that they can deliver the car by Mid Oct.
In Real dilemma now Fiesta 1.6 S or the Polo 1.6
@Mi10 - Ford Fiesta 1.6 S all the way Sir . That car rocks big time. Also if you need the boot it'll always be handy !.
Old 8th September 2010, 12:48   #39
BHPian

The first response for me when I called Hyundai showroom for checking out i-20 was "Sir, waiting period is 1.5 months" I am like,, huhh first show me the car and then let me decide.
Is it that the demand is too high or the production is too low. Why is there such a long waiting period for all the cars?
Old 8th September 2010, 13:00   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
The first response for me when I called Hyundai showroom for checking out i-20 was "Sir, waiting period is 1.5 months" I am like,, huhh first show me the car and then let me decide.
Is it that the demand is too high or the production is too low. Why is there such a long waiting period for all the cars?
I've been calling up / writing to a couple of contacts in Hyundai and they seem to indicate that they have had some issues (Engine assembly etc) with production at their plant in Chennai. But have reassured that the issues have been resolved and that the backlog of orders will be taken care of by the 2nd / 3rd week of this month.

Am still playing the waiting game for my i20 - hope the delivery happens soooon
Old 8th September 2010, 20:23   #41
BHPian

Update from me - Sources from Hyundai are now telling me that I will have to wait for 6-8 more weeks in addition to the 35 days I've already waited.

Has anyone else been told anything to this effect in regard to booking a car with Hyundai ?..

Im a little disappointed and angry as well
Old 8th September 2010, 22:38   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Update from me - Sources from Hyundai are now telling me that I will have to wait for 6-8 more weeks in addition to the 35 days I've already waited.

Has anyone else been told anything to this effect in regard to booking a car with Hyundai ?..

Im a little disappointed and angry as well

Write a strong mail to hyundai customer care at cr@hmil.net. They are very prompt and will revert back to you soon.I had the same experience when the dealership was forever pushing my i20 CRDi's delivery date.A mail to them resolved this and i got a "priority 1" delivery within 5 days!
Old 8th September 2010, 22:47   #43
BHPian

@Sagarpadaki thanks for the prompt response. Ive written to hyundai and they sent a reply with a number of persons that I could reach. Tried calling but no one seems to respond with anything more than "were looking into your case". If you have any contact that I can reach out to, please do let me know via a PM.
Old 8th September 2010, 23:06   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Hello All,

The delivery waiting periods for most cars today are only getting longer !. I am going through the pain myself - have booked an i20 CRDi about 25 days ago and there is still no sign of anything moving. At this point I thought I should probably start a thread so that we can share tips and ways to deal with these elongated waiting periods
Cheers
Save money, reduce loan amount, bring down cost of the car.

Last edited by AvonA7 : 8th September 2010 at 23:17.
Old 9th September 2010, 19:39   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
@Sagarpadaki thanks for the prompt response. Ive written to hyundai and they sent a reply with a number of persons that I could reach. Tried calling but no one seems to respond with anything more than "were looking into your case". If you have any contact that I can reach out to, please do let me know via a PM.

The hyundai people from where you have booked the car will call you soon(1 or 2 days) if you have mentioned the dealership name in the mail to them.Ask them to give the exact delivery date failing which you would take the matter to higher ups.That will make them pull up their socks if they are still dilly-dollying.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks