Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2012, 20:43   #466
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307

Honda is known for their enthusiasm in introducing new and modern products always. Never do they give the Indian market an old generation of a car. But it looks like they're slowly learning the tricks of the trade here. Not sure if this is a good or a bad thing.
They are not learning the tricks of trade but if you see my earlier post, new Civic has received very negative reviews from all market where it has been launched so far, specially in USA. And, Honda has gone back to board to improve the short comings of the new Civic. So it DOES NOT make sense for Honda to launch a weaker model right now and then launch updated version.
Old 17th July 2012, 10:57   #467
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: India bound 2011/12 Honda Civic ? EDIT : Clean pictures on pg. 19

Honda shelves plan to launch the 2012 Civic in India!

Quote:
All-new Civic won’t make it to our shores, due to lack of diesel option and high production costs.
Honda shelves plan to launch 2012 Civic in India
Old 19th July 2012, 00:30   #468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Honda shelves plan to launch the 2012 Civic in India!

Honda shelves plan to launch 2012 Civic in India
Good. And even if they didnt, the new Elantra would have killed it.
Old 28th December 2012, 15:46   #469
BHPian

Good, that they killed all plans to launch this in India. If you ask me, i would still not get bored of the existing design for another 5-6 years. It's light years away from the boring design of this next-gen Civic. Even the dashboard has turned insipid!!

Looks like an elder sibling to the current City. Same alloy design, similar body shape, blah blah. Why Honda?
Old 28th December 2012, 16:02   #470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalBuff View Post
Good, that they killed all plans to launch this in India. If you ask me, i would still not get bored of the existing design for another 5-6 years. It's light years away from the boring design of this next-gen Civic. Even the dashboard has turned insipid!!

Looks like an elder sibling to the current City. Same alloy design, similar body shape, blah blah. Why Honda?
That's because the old-Civic was so brilliant that Honda designers must have been faced with the challenge of making the new one even better and they couldn't do it.
Even if you see the Civic hatch sold in Europe,it's seems seriously dated in comparison with older generation model
Old 28th December 2012, 16:59   #471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder View Post
That's because the old-Civic was so brilliant that Honda designers must have been faced with the challenge of making the new one even better and they couldn't do it.
Even if you see the Civic hatch sold in Europe,it's seems seriously dated in comparison with older generation model
Haha. Perfectly agree with you, my friend. but, when they could come up with this beautiful design 6 years ago, why not now?

For me, they have failed miserably this time and the sales, where this is being sold are clearly dwindling. No prices for guessing why they are on the road to launching a facelift sooooo soon

Last edited by MetalBuff : 28th December 2012 at 17:01.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks