Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2010, 01:43   #31
Senior - BHPian

what engine is it going to be launched with in india and does any one know what the onroad price is going to be ?
Old 19th October 2010, 01:57   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA18 View Post
Is it only me, or does the Suzuki Kiashi look like a facelifted Maruti Suzuki SX4?

Is the export model different from the Indian variant?
+1.
I am not a fan of sx4's look and this also looks just like its brother.
Civic,cruze and laura are better lookers.
Old 19th October 2010, 09:37   #33
Senior - BHPian

It will be powered by a 2.4-Litre 4 cylinder Petrol Engine also shared in the Grand Vitara
Old 19th October 2010, 12:26   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative View Post
From what Pervez has posted, the Kizashi looks like the SX4's cousin brother or something. What is the big deal really?

It is not going to sell, because Maruti cannot sell anything more than 10L.
i'd buy it.
provided:
1.) engine is not toned down for "indian conditions"
2.) tyres are not whetted down for "indian conditions"
3.) one derivative only ,all equipment standard,each for petrol and diesel,not a SthYYXi and and SthYYXi-2.5u which has an additional knob on the stereo...or some other acronyms and features entailing 248 different versions.
4.) Other cost-saving alterations under the guise of "indian conditions"(cept for suspension mebbe)
then, i would love to capitalize on the xclusivity and the huge service network.
any other takers?

Last edited by mayankk : 19th October 2010 at 12:27.
Old 19th October 2010, 12:57   #35
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
i'd buy it.
provided:
1.) engine is not toned down for "indian conditions"
2.) tyres are not whetted down for "indian conditions"
3.) one derivative only ,all equipment standard,each for petrol and diesel,not a SthYYXi and and SthYYXi-2.5u which has an additional knob on the stereo...or some other acronyms and features entailing 248 different versions.
4.) Other cost-saving alterations under the guise of "indian conditions"(cept for suspension mebbe)
then, i would love to capitalize on the xclusivity and the huge service network.
any other takers?
I'll be a taker (once my financial conditions prosper ) even with all the above "Indianisations" (with smaller tyres, even a 1.6L SX4 VVT engine, etc) for its cute and sporty looks. But it should be priced around 10L!
Old 19th October 2010, 13:43   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey!
so lets all form a aurangabad-mercedes-esque club, for a 120 kizashi's and get some exclusive deals from MS!!
Old 19th October 2010, 13:51   #37
BANNED

The official website also revealed. The look and feel don't do justice to it but then its under construction.

source: Maruti Suzuki Kizashi Website Revealed - Specs Highlights Launch | Autoholiks
Old 19th October 2010, 14:18   #38
Senior - BHPian

No ways! If at all Maruti wants to sell this with lower fuel costs, go the hybrid way. I have not seen anyone fitting a CNG tank to their accords/Jettas or Laura's!
Old 19th October 2010, 15:54   #39
Senior - BHPian

Suzuki will have to really up the ante for its dealers to win a Honda/Toyota customer.

Engine will be a key component but the most emphasis should be on creature comfort. This will most definitely be back seat car for Maruti buyers.

If at about Civic/Corolla price range this car has the guts to devastate the D segment and send some rattles up in D+ category. If its actually pitched against Accord/Camry/Superb it will be just another car Suzuki sells [Vitara].

Good Luck!
Old 19th October 2010, 16:09   #40
Senior - BHPian

I agree that if its priced above the Civic/Corolla the Kizashi might struggle in India. That is really unfair because it is a better car than the likes of Accord/Camry let alone a Civic.

It is a much better drivers car rather than the Americanised Jap sedans sold in India which just look big, lots of chrome and a plush ride. The problem is this is what us Indians prefer rather than a taut, well handling sedan.
Old 19th October 2010, 16:34   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh View Post
The official website also revealed. The look and feel don't do justice to it but then its under construction.

source: Maruti Suzuki Kizashi Website Revealed - Specs Highlights Launch | Autoholiks

The details in the website looks like they have been taken straight off the international versions.
The car shown in the video is a left hand drive one.
I doubt the introduction of the AWD version in the Indian market. Also Maruti will reduce some of the features from the versions abroad.
Old 19th October 2010, 16:34   #42
BHPian

Yeah...just chkd Maruti Kizashi it doesnt say anything about the launch date.But seems like there is no diesel.
Old 19th October 2010, 17:16   #43
BHPian

185hp on a maruti? umm.., ok. 8 standard airbags? price point must be ~camry levels.

maruti can shatter the D segment glass ceiling only if they peg this at cruze levels. with that bhp figure.
Old 19th October 2010, 17:18   #44
BANNED

I think the above Kizashi site is a bogus site. Not at all looking professional.
Old 19th October 2010, 18:00   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

i can ballpark it right now.
2 engines,a 1.6 petrol ,add another 2-300 cc for the diesel.
185 bhp will be brought to about 147bhp max.
base spec will have no airbags,satnav,just power-windows and a simple kennwood.
the ad will show the top-spec with the standard disclaimer at the bottom in fine-print, with an asterisk, and a glorious proclamation of "starts at just 14Lac!!"

pity though.
I got the shakes when i saw the concept vehicle 2-3 years back at the AutoExpo,but 1 hour later i knew the final product will be about 1/10th of it, and the depression set in.

but still, if they bring in the one released in the US(not sure, but i read a review in autocar,i think, tested in NY) as the top-spec(interiors,accessory, and most importantly, engine wise), quite a few of us here will be willing to stretch our budgets,eh?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks