Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2010, 19:32   #421
Senior - BHPian

@Anmol:

Thanks for sharing the link. Looks like the reported was really firing away!

As for the points made in the post above, espionage was a point that was mentioned some time back here. But, it was just something that all can speculate on.

And regarding the OT posts in anything related to TATA - some products evoke more reaction than others, TATA is one of them. The curse of being pioneers in what they do.
Old 9th October 2010, 20:52   #422
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Chanced upon the 24 page brochure from the beta website. The same can be found in the link here.

Tata Aria - E Brochure

Appears that the names of the variants are "Pleasure", "Prestige" and "Pride".
Old 9th October 2010, 21:08   #423
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Chanced upon the 24 page brochure from the beta website. The same can be found in the link here.

Tata Aria - E Brochure

Appears that the names of the variants are "Pleasure", "Prestige" and "Pride".
This is by far the most credible information. Thanks a lot. For me, Prestige would be the winner as it has most of the features and would be mid priced. Even the mid-variant has ACC .

Important : Now its official that all variants are 4x4. People did predict that.

I can n't see anything I want and its not there. Oh God..I wish only that its well priced!

Last edited by TaureanBull : 9th October 2010 at 21:11.
Old 9th October 2010, 21:19   #424
ajai_dev

The product is shaping up to be a good one but its quite a tall car that means ESP is a must for an expensive buy. I hope its well priced dont want it to be more expensive than the Innova "If i recall correctly 7.9Lac - 11Lac" not to mention the fact that people will even compare it to the likes of Xylo which is not of the same segment.

Old 9th October 2010, 21:48   #425
Senior - BHPian

I am eagerly waiting for the pricing of Aria, the equipment list, specs and safety features beats the competition hands down even in the entry level variant.
Kudos to TATA.
Old 9th October 2010, 22:02   #426
BHPian

Many are still comparing it with the Innova which obviously is not of the same league.. It is an all time AWD/4WD thus may be we can compare it with sienna..?
Old 9th October 2010, 22:22   #427
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the e-Brochure. Those specs are mouth-watering, I could'nt just control sitting at home when it will be launched. Anyway, this one looks tobe a promising product from a Truely Indian manufacturer. I am Happy being a Indian.
Old 10th October 2010, 00:40   #428
RST

all time 4x4 with a ground clearance of 200mm. This is better than many current SUVs in Indian market (Scorpio 180, safari 205). it does look like a MUV but seems it will be as good as and even better then any SUVs available in this range.
Old 10th October 2010, 00:42   #429
ajai_dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
Anyway, this one looks tobe a promising product from a Truely Indian manufacturer. I am Happy being a Indian.
This car is a result of cross collaboration of TATA, Land Rover, Jaguar and maybe even Fiat. There is no way such a advanced piece of tech just would have rolled into TATA's lap if it had done everything on its own. I am very happy that it will be launched and the only real thing that is missing is a NCAP rating come on TATA go the extra mile give the car to be tested.

Last edited by ajai_dev : 10th October 2010 at 00:43.

Old 10th October 2010, 02:27   #430
BHPian

Hey guys:

Saturday evening saw the TATA aria in flesh in production form at the dealer stockyard at Raipur. It was the Prestige version. I was impressed.

I was looking to buy a Safari and decided to wait for the ARIA, not because I wanted to buy one but to check what changes could potentially percolate down to the safari, especially for the interiors.

There are 4 versions as the Sids rightly pointed out pure, pleasure, prestige and pride and price is expected to be 12-14 L, but then the sales person was not sure.

I was impressed by the interiors and the VFM and since there were several safaris nearby, I could perhaps have a better perspective how far the interior quality has improved. However, I am not sure what changes have been incorporated after the reported involvement of JLR in the last few weeks.

Great work TATA!

Cheers!

Last edited by Amartya : 10th October 2010 at 02:28. Reason: corrected a minor typo.
Old 10th October 2010, 03:20   #431
BHPian

IMO here are the 2 significant tidbits from the e-brochure

1) Sliding 2nd row - a huge for TML. Now one can change the seating space according to the passengers

2) All variants (pleasure, prestige and pride) get driver and passenger Airbags - could not find anything about the barebones 4th variant PURE

Hopefully this should put to rest the doubts about space and airbags. Good move by TML!
Old 10th October 2010, 06:43   #432
abk
BHPian

What else can one ask for?

I read the e-brochure. For the first time am extremely thrilled & therefore, highly excited to see how & at what price Aria is launched. Will subsequently look forward with eager patience how customers embrace her & the medium term reviews. Having been quite spoilt by the luxury of the BMW 540i (E39) that am driving now, the features listed in the brochure appeals to me even more. I am still aspiring to buy a Safari next year when I return to India but at speculative levels now I feel I may be tempted to bring home an Aria instead

Coming back to the features, I must confess this car is loaded. And how! Yet, the very nature of humans (or at least me!) has me yearning for 2 minor changes:
  1. Replacing of the rotary knobs with rectangular push buttons (a pair for each - one for up and the other for down). A lot of you may disagree but I would rather replace bulky rotary knobs with elegant soft push electronic buttons with an inbuilt timid orange LED built in each of them. The appearance becomes more classy, warm and blended.
  2. The GPS navigation display to also display various information (aka a BMW's On-board Computer - OBD) & music cover art!
Btw, I suppose the projector headlamps are actual HIDs. A 5000k low beam HID (not too bluish or yellowish) will be niiiiiiice

Last edited by abk : 10th October 2010 at 06:47.
Old 10th October 2010, 07:50   #433
BHPian

Wow - with this BETA brochure, a lot of speculation is put to rest.

1 - 3 variants in total - Pleasure, Prestige & Pride.
2 - AWD standard across all variants.
3 - ABS standard across all variants.
4 - AIRBAGs [basic 2] standard across variants.

With these basic feature sets, lets STOP COMPARING ARIA with Innova & Xylo. There are whole lot of other differences that takes ARIA well beyond those 2 [Innova & Xylo].

Btw, I just realised that the 24 page e-brochure doesn't have even one rear shot !

Prem.
Old 10th October 2010, 08:46   #434
BHPian

Hey Guys:

The e-brochure is attractive but there is another document which is with the Sales forces at the dealers. This document talks about the advantages over several models e.g Xylo, Skoda Laura etc etc. Advantages for Aria over Sedans, SUV, sand MUVs. I went through the document at the dealer's.

I still believe it would be 4 variants instead of 3 and priced at 12-14 L. The SP remarked that the engines are more refined than the one currently in use in the Safari-lesser NVH.

Now if they could just reduce the wheel base and the overhang and mount the spare wheel on the tail gate-to make it more symmetrical read macho (Let's face it-the rear is uninspiring).

Gentlemen, the attractive new Generation Safari!

O.T: I feel GPS should be included in all +10L cars.

Cheers!
Old 10th October 2010, 08:51   #435
BHPian

Well, saw the Aria in flesh yesterday at a Dealers Stockyard in Gurgaon, Looked good and spacious, Fit and finish is much better than the Tata norms, the dealer was saying that Demo cars have reached at all dealerships and the launch is very near,

Spent some good time with Aria, could not drive it for long as the Stockyard manager was a bit skeptical,

Anyways, the car looks much better than in the pictures, the demo vehicle looked like a top end version, but the salesman indicated otherwise,

The space is good, the equipment levels were excellent, the interiors were in Dark Red and Black and exuded Luxury, However, the engine bay is cramped, almost half of that of a Safari, the Power window switches were flimsy,

The boot is far better as compared to Innova, it has loads of usable space, the tool kit is nicely packed and will not rattle even after years,

There are tons of storage space all around the vehicle, but the overheads ones are pretty small, and does not exudes confidence because of the build quality,

The price was confirmed around 15-16 on road in Gurgaon, which I feel is a bit on the higher side for the Tata nameplate, even with the equipment levels offered.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks