Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2010, 10:37   #346
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
I found two TD vehicles at Tarapuram-Coimbatore road, both with black bumbers on front and back (non-body colored), which doesn't make sense for a vehicle which is in 10+ segment. For a higher segment cars, a cheaper variant should show that its cheap with black/grey bumpers, right?
Sure they were Aria? It hasn't been seen with un-painted bumpers before, and this is not mentioned in the specs for the different versions either. In fact, it is specifically mentioned that even the pure version comes with Body coloured handles and side strips/mouldings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Pure:
  • door handles body coloured
  • body coloured side mouldings
Scoopsters, any clue?
Old 28th September 2010, 10:52   #347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
Sure they were Aria? It hasn't been seen with un-painted bumpers before, and this is not mentioned in the specs for the different versions either. In fact, it is specifically mentioned that even the pure version comes with Body coloured handles and side strips/mouldings.

Scoopsters, any clue?
Yes, I am sure, they came in the opposite directions, two with 3-4 mins interval. The only question that came to my mind was this. May be a taxi version? Like Indicar an Aricar? ;-) or just for the trials they use it?

My overall doubt is, Can they compete with Innova? As I believe Tata's first quality product, Manza is nowhere closure to its contenders quality.

Last edited by agbenny : 28th September 2010 at 10:56.
Old 28th September 2010, 11:20   #348
BHPian

Quote:
I found two TD vehicles at Tarapuram-Coimbatore road, both with black bumbers on front and back (non-body colored), which doesn't make sense for a vehicle which is in 10+ segment. For a higher segment cars, a cheaper variant should show that its cheap with black/grey bumpers, right?
Hmm. Like an 'Adventure' trim
I, for sure, would like to see something like that. With side running boards too (like Fiat Adventure). Add a roof rail. Fog lamps on front bull bar.
Any one think this a good idea?
Old 28th September 2010, 11:41   #349
BHPian

Is anyone going to get an official test drive for the Aria from Team-BHP ? Really want to read this one.
Old 28th September 2010, 11:57   #350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well it does make a lots of practical sense for a huge vehicle in traffic and also while you go little off-road. Plastic cladding are meant to protect paint and not get scratched themselves.

My ideal vehicle is a Safari with dark Grey unpainted bumpers + 4X4 + ABS + Airbags + Grey interiors. Unfortunately somehow in Indian market people equate body color bumper and beige interiors with a costlier variant courtesy maruti and Hundai but this should not be the case always.

In 2010 Safari TML has reversed the policy for good. Grey plastics and Black and Tan interiors on higher priced GX and VX variants and Biege on LX though I am disappointed by 2010 LX they should have retained grey interior plastics but happy for GX and VX.
Old 28th September 2010, 13:32   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post

Scoopsters, any clue?
I agree with what you are saying but I myself have seen 2 white coloured Aria's on NH4 with black bumpers, needless to say they must be test mules for whom they didnt bother about the bumpers.
Old 28th September 2010, 15:14   #352
Senior - BHPian

On Fri last week I saw 9 Arias parked on NH4 near Bhor with balloons and ribbons attached. There was some decoration done on the road on left side while going towards Satara but cars were parked right opposite to this.
Old 28th September 2010, 16:35   #353
BHPian

Check out the Aria's 'Build a dream car' campaign HERE.
This is quite addicitve and indeed an innovative marketing campaing by TATA.
Old 29th September 2010, 12:22   #354
BHPian

Saw a Maroon Aria with alloys at Thane. It was already registered car MH-01 AR xxxx white no.plate sold by Fortune Motors. Looks like Tata has started delivering the vehicles before the launch
Old 29th September 2010, 14:29   #355
BHPian

Hi guys just a quick update.

While driving down to satara on NH4 i was overtaken by a maroon Aria. It seemed to have good pace and while following it around the gradual curves it was able to handle the curves at 120 without showing signs of body roll one would associate with a scorpio or safari. The driver pulled over at a dhaba and i followed suit i did take an external photo but he requested me not to continue and i obliged and he let me sit inside for 2 minutes.

The following are my list of quick observations-
  • 4 disc brakes (i think it might be a segment first)
  • 235/65/R17 (ooh yeah)
  • Strong point on chassis with a cutout in the rear bumper to hold a solid tow hook (the cutout was broken probably due to a soft hit the vehicle seemed to have taken earlier, hence i could see the point)
  • ac vents on B & C pillars.
  • Front dash fit and finish has improved by leaps and bounds compared to the Safari, switches and control stalks,knobs looked solid.
  • However the AC vent for the second row located between the front seats looked horrible when compared to the rest of the interiors almost as if the engineers forgot to look at it while finalizing the interiors.
  • Could not see any 4wd switch/lever probably indicates that they are in no hurry to launch one soon
  • The vehicle was loaded with lead weights so performance should remain good when loaded.
  • Driving position was superb but the driver had raised the height of the front seat to max and my head was just an inch from the roof, but all round visibility was good.
  • Second row seemed amazing should be a step ahead from the safari
  • 3rd row is best for kids but if it can slide behind 2 adults should be ok in it as there is quite a bit of space remaining behind it
  • Lots of glove boxes in the roof
  • The car is huge and should have a good road presence, it has love it or hate it kind of looks, but people may warm up to it thanks to the crv.

Not posting the single pic i clicked because exterior pics are already on this forum.

Note from Team-BHP Support: Please use Proper Punctuation & Capitalization in the posts. Remember to format your post properly before posting to make it easy to read. Please go through Expected posting etiquette (Expected Posting Etiquette). Thanks

Last edited by .anshuman : 29th September 2010 at 14:56. Reason: Edited post to make it readable. Thanks
Old 29th September 2010, 15:02   #356
Senior - BHPian

@ Rohan,

Good job, Thanks for the first impressions.

Did the car have a Multi Function Display screen on the dash?

I just wanted to know if this will be absent in the base models.
Old 29th September 2010, 18:08   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Roadie View Post
  • Could not see any 4wd switch/lever probably indicates that they are in no hurry to launch one soon
Its an all time AWD vehicle. So there would be no 4wd switch.
Old 29th September 2010, 18:22   #358
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapss View Post
[/list]Its an all time AWD vehicle. So there would be no 4wd switch.
There is, to switch to 4x2 mode. You can say its an AWD with Switchable option.
Old 29th September 2010, 21:52   #359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
There is, to switch to 4x2 mode. You can say its an AWD with Switchable option.
Ok, I wasn't aware of this concept. If there is, what exact benefit would it serve? Why would someone want to switch off the AWD mode? I mean, would it increase the fuel efficiency? I mean since even in the AWD mode, the traction will be distributed only in case a slip is detected.
Old 29th September 2010, 22:51   #360
Distinguished - BHPian

AFAIR, the Aria AWD is a switchable AWD, and yes you get more FE with the 2WD option.
In ordinary AWD mode it gives a 20:80 front:rear power distribution,with a max 50:50 given when slippage is detected.
Please correct me if am wrong.
BTW, c'mon Tata give us a simple cheaper RWD option also for 10 lakhs.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks