Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2010, 12:47   #136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
One strange thing that i have noticed so far is that all the spy pics are only LHD, even the ones spotted in India, has anyone spotted a RHD Yet?

U might wanna go through the whole thread again, or maybe page 7 atleast. And do i see a black dash?
Old 23rd August 2010, 13:08   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
the white images are 4 years old taken way back in 2006 even before the I10 was launched globally. The pics were CGI renderings based on old spy shots.
Yes correct.
If you notice carefully the hatch handle is just pasted. No depth in it
and even the wheels look pasted.
Old 23rd August 2010, 19:15   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
According to ACI, a refreshed i10 with a 1.0L engine will be launched at the upcoming Paris auto show. The 1.2 Kappa will be getting the VTVT treatment. The new engines are expected to be more fuel efficient than the current ones.
I'm surprised to hear about the 1 liter VVT engine. Must be a Europe only thing to meet the CO2 requirements.

Last edited by Mpower : 2nd September 2010 at 18:41.
Old 3rd September 2010, 14:55   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
I'm surprised to hear about the 1 liter VVT engine. Must be a Europe only thing to meet the CO2 requirements.
Read this on WCF

Hyundai ix20 MPV previewed ahead of Paris debut

"Accompanying the ix20 under the lights of Paris will be the facelifted i10 which will be introduced to a new 1.0-liter engine with emissions of 99g/km."
Old 4th September 2010, 15:11   #140
BHPian

Hey guys,

I have booked a 1.2 kappa AT Asta With Suroof with a dealer in Pune. I happened to read through this thread before i paid the dealer so i negotiated on top of the discount scheme being offered on the existing i10 since last month and got a sweet deal. I had all intentions of stretching the delivery till we get some pics or info from the Paris motorshow.

Today i got a call from the Sales head and he informed me that the new car is being launced on 24th September and the car i had booked and paid for is no longer in stock with the company. So i got two options - cancel the booking OR continue this booking and dealer +company will make special provision on the new i10 due by last week Sept.

Its official that the 1.2 Kappa will get VTVT (variable timing valve train) , dark interiors (finally) , styling tweaks outside and inside and he was not able to confirm the MicroHybrid feature (Mahindra lingo ! ) of Auto Engine Start Stop in Stop and go traffic. But he confirmed that the international car is getting it and there is every chance of this feature being on the top spec India car.

Now this is a segment first. Prices are expected to be higher by around 5K for each corresponding variant.

Have been promised access to pre-launch material in a few days !

will keep everyone posted !!

cheers !
Old 4th September 2010, 15:19   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselite View Post
Hey guys,

I have booked a 1.2 kappa AT Asta With Suroof with a dealer in Pune. I happened to read through this thread before i paid the dealer so i negotiated on top of the discount scheme being offered on the existing i10 since last month and got a sweet deal. I had all intentions of stretching the delivery till we get some pics or info from the Paris motorshow.

Today i got a call from the Sales head and he informed me that the new car is being launced on 24th September and the car i had booked and paid for is no longer in stock with the company. So i got two options - cancel the booking OR continue this booking and dealer +company will make special provision on the new i10 due by last week Sept.

Its official that the 1.2 Kappa will get VTVT (variable timing valve train) , dark interiors (finally) , styling tweaks outside and inside and he was not able to confirm the MicroHybrid feature (Mahindra lingo ! ) of Auto Engine Start Stop in Stop and go traffic. But he confirmed that the international car is getting it and there is every chance of this feature being on the top spec India car.

Now this is a segment first. Prices are expected to be higher by around 5K for each corresponding variant.

Have been promised access to pre-launch material in a few days !

will keep everyone posted !!

cheers !
Sweet!
All of this for 5k rise in price is a good deal IMO.
Old 5th September 2010, 10:15   #142
BHPian

All this (dark interiors, styling tweaks) for 5k is welcome.

Does VTVT result in better fuel efficiency? How does it related to power and torque?
Old 5th September 2010, 10:21   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post

Does VTVT result in better fuel efficiency? How does it related to power and torque?
The main benefit of VTVT (or any kind of variable valve timing) is that it allows more efficiency & power at every rpm range. That translates to a car which is equally capable of handling city and highway conditions - one that does not have to be pushed in city to get performance, and does not run out of breath in highways.
Sounds good eh?
Old 6th September 2010, 09:30   #144
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselite View Post
So i got two options - cancel the booking OR continue this booking and dealer +company will make special provision on the new i10 due by last week Sept.
Funny how things fall in place, even if unintentionally sometimes. Lucky you, imagine how you'd have felt if the new car got launched a week after you took delivery of the current one

Quote:
Will be fun to see just how Hyundai refreshes the i10. They've done an excellent job with the Santro's face lifts. However, what the i10 really needs is a diesel. I don't think a facelift is going to make much of a difference to its sales performance.
Old 6th September 2010, 11:50   #145
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
However, what the i10 really needs is a diesel. I don't think a facelift is going to make much of a difference to its sales performance.
Although a diesel is very much required, and will do wonders for the i10's sales numbers, i believe the car is doing quite well otherwise, in terms of sales numbers. It seems to be the car to own for new couples in metros these days.
Old 6th September 2010, 13:14   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Although a diesel is very much required, and will do wonders for the i10's sales numbers, i believe the car is doing quite well otherwise, in terms of sales numbers. It seems to be the car to own for new couples in metros these days.
I reckon the diesel engine can add volumes to the i10 like the way it happened in case of Swift. Just imagine, 30-40% of increase in sales over the existing 10-12K monthly units would mean around 16-18K units.

Sorry, I disagree to you comments (probably this time only), & post in line with what GTO has already posted about the diesel & facelift.
Old 7th September 2010, 11:37   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
It might look like this:
Looks like OD has shamelessly copied your work.
Sethu
New Hyundai i10 - OVERDRIVE gets an exclusive peek into the new Hyundai i10 - News : Overdrive
Old 7th September 2010, 13:52   #148
Senior - BHPian

Rather than these cosmetic facelifts, it would have been better if Hyundai had worked on an issue that has been troubling many i10(as well as i20) owners- the steering rattle issue.
Old 7th September 2010, 14:00   #149
BHPian

^^ well i m pretty sure they must have addressed the steering issue. Infact one of my friend bought a new i20 and doesnt seem to have the ratting problem at all. We also went to the dealer to inquire about this issue, to which he mentioned that the issue has been taken care on the new models of i10 and i20.

Strangely enough he didnt mentioned anything about the new facelifted i10
Old 7th September 2010, 14:41   #150
BANNED

New i10 frontal picture:
Attached Images

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks