Old 1st August 2011, 22:05   #16
BHPian

Re: Spied - Renault Koleos

ACI has just put up spy pictures of the Renault Koleos. Here is the link:
India-bound Renault Koleos spy pics | Autocar India
Old 1st August 2011, 23:01   #17
BHPian

People are getting used the quirky french styling. But there are many people who says the front could have been better.
However there are a few fluence' on the roads now.

The ads are also playing their part in giving the upmarket feeling. Also they are getting out of that Logan and Taxi image. Few ever manage that.

while on that what happened to the Dacia Duster ?
Hope these two are going to be in the different segment.
Old 2nd August 2011, 12:48   #18
BHPian

Re: India-bound Renault Koleos spy pics!!! (AutocarIndia)

Why is the test Mule not covered ? only the logo is, looks meaty though nice one mate.
Old 3rd August 2011, 17:41   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

"Renault is planning to launch its Koleos crossover in India, hopefully during the festive season.
The Koleos, on its arrival in India will come equipped with a 2-litre, 150bhp all-aluminum common-rail diesel engine with variable valve timing. This is the same engine that powers sister company Nissan’s X-Trail SUV as well."

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Koleos-koleos21.jpg  

Renault Koleos-koleos1.jpg  

Old 8th August 2011, 16:03   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Hormazd tweets below,
Quote:
Renault Koleos with face lift and 2-litre diesel to be launched mid-Septmeber. Price around Rs 20 lakh
Old 8th August 2011, 16:12   #21
Senior - BHPian

^^^ another flop (overpriced) Renault to be launched. I guess the French are bad learners or probably too stiff to improve upon mistakes.
Old 9th August 2011, 15:04   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

"The Renault Koleos was scheduled for an October launch, however Renault has preponed the launch to September. The French automaker will be offering us the latest generation of the Koleos, which will rival the Honda CR-V and upcoming Chevrolet Captiva. The Koleos is nothing but the Nissan X-Trail underneath (uses the same platform) and will be powered by a 2.0-liter CRDi motor producing 150 BHP of power at 4000 RPM and 320 Nm at 2000 RPM. Renault doesn’t plan to shake the segment with the Koleos and is using a top down strategy in India. The Koleos will be priced at around Rs. 20 lakhs, making it good value for those who want a diesel softroader."

Cheers!

Source: motorbeam.com
Old 9th August 2011, 18:19   #23
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

The official launch date would be around 10th Sep as far as I have heard
pricing is likely to be between 18-20 lacs ex showroom - possibly 2 variants only in the Koleos.
still, it will become about 22-25 lacs on road Bangalore which pits it directly against the Outlander, Fortuner, Captiva etc while being slightly less expensive than the Santa Fe, CRV and the others in the breed.
quite a decent looking vehicle - rather like a Tucson on half portion steroids.
But expensive all the same.
While it may be a diesel soft roader by definition I do believe this Koleos has greater off road ability than say the Captiva.
In all this the poor little Yeti seems to be lost on account of the pricing!
Hopefully the Duster will come in at around 50% of the current Yeti pricing and smash the market place completely!
Old 9th August 2011, 19:17   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
While it may be a diesel soft roader by definition I do believe this Koleos has greater off road ability than say the Captiva.
+1. I saw some videos in youtube & the machine looks quite capable ! I was even scared to see it moving at a very slopy angle & was zipping as well. But 20L as you said is expensive. Lets see how it goes. Now this gets me worried about the pricing of Duster - are they planning to go the "premium" way ?
swiftnfurious is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2011, 19:31   #25
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

just saw some blog on some weird unheard of site about the Duster specs. it says something about No ABS, EBD, TCS etc on the vehicle. Price tag 8-9 lacs. this may not be correct strictly speaking because then the Duster gets reduced to nothing more than a Logan on Stilts and will be directly competing with the Scorp lower end versions.

I believe strongly that they are planning to come in with a lot of good stuff, bells and whistles and price themselves in line with the mid order Scorp/Safari thus proving to our foolish, short sighted and extremely greedy Indian manufacturers that charging consumers a hefty premium for safety and functionality while focussing on stupid cosmetics is NOT the right thing to do!
Put it this way, with the amount of Internet chatter going on about the Duster on TBHP and other sites, I am sure that the powers that be in Renault will listen to the Vox Populi!
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
+1. I saw some videos in Youtube & the machine looks quite capable ! I was even scared to see it moving at a very slopy angle & was zipping as well. But 20L as you said is expensive. Lets see how it goes. Now this gets me worried about the pricing of Duster - are they planning to go the "premium" way ?
Old 9th August 2011, 20:12   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I believe strongly that they are planning to come in with a lot of good stuff, bells and whistles and price themselves in line with the mid order Scorp/Safari thus proving to our foolish, short sighted and extremely greedy Indian manufacturers that charging consumers a hefty premium for safety and functionality while focussing on stupid cosmetics is NOT the right thing to do!
Only if they realized the potential hidden in that segment for a good niggle-free all round package ! The way we see Force is trying to place their "premium SUV" in the same segment; who never had a similar product, who is an Indian manufacture, less said about the overseas guys. To be frank, I am not happy with the introduction of Fluence as well, at least the strategy behind that.

I seriously hope they listen to such internet sources and take the right steps. Seeing Fluence prices & un-confirmed Koleos prices, its sure that they want to build their premium image in the Indian market.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 9th August 2011 at 20:14.
Old 12th August 2011, 17:43   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Renault Koleos

"A source privy to the developments of Renault’s next launch, the Koleos, tells IndianAutosBlog.com that the company is looking at a September 3rd week launch, much before the original launch plan of October."

Renault Koleos diesel drives in on third week of September
Old 12th August 2011, 21:21   #28
BHPian

The Estilo looks rather puny next to the Koleos in the above picture. Gives an impression of its size.

Last edited by designersf : 12th August 2011 at 21:26.
Old 15th August 2011, 20:14   #29
Team-BHP Support

Found the car doing rounds in slush inside Palar Well it was literally going round and round.

Renault Koleos-scoop0001.jpg

Renault Koleos-scoop0002.jpg

Renault Koleos-scoop0003.jpg

Renault Koleos-scoop0004.jpg

Renault Koleos-scoop0005.jpg

Renault Koleos-scoop0006.jpg
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2011, 20:20   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Found the car doing rounds in slush inside Palar Well it was literally going round and round.
Nice set of pics? Does this place offer something hard for a vehicle to prove its 4x4 capacity? Atleast from the pics, it looks like even a hatchback can easily move thru.

PS:: A quick search on "Palar" reveals this place is somewhere near Kolar ?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks