Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2011, 23:35   #61
Team-BHP Support

Re: Renault Koleos

Now this is simply unbelievable - this is going to be one of most loaded SUV this side of 50 L - Bose system as standard ! are there any changes in marketing guys at Renault India or what , maybe Mr Gohsan has got involved after seeing fluence sales numbers in India.

Now if they price this sensibly - Santa Fe will be history & Furtuners waiting will be a past , just cant wait for the prices ..
Old 4th September 2011, 02:26   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey..I see BOSE audio system in this car. Is there any other brand which uses BOSE? Any reviews of this? I guess the BEST I know of this side of 20L is the Rockford Fosgate as OEMs.
Old 4th September 2011, 22:58   #63
BHPian

Guys, spotted this Renault Koleos in Chennai today near Kasi theatre. It looks good and for some reason I compared its looks with Hyundai Tucson.. In the rear, the name Koleos was written just below the Renault symbol in the middle and not on conventional right side..
Attached Images

callvvijay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2011, 16:18   #64
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

So Sep 8th seems to be the official launch as per the internet chatter!

hope the bookings also start soon and deliveries as well.

Looks to be a very good vehicle going by the brochure details available on the internet. But I dont think it will leave much change from 26 lacs on road Bangalore.

But it should give some tough competition to Captiva, Santa Fe and Fortuner too.
Old 7th September 2011, 17:32   #65
Senior - BHPian

Rediff.com says that Ex showroom Delhi it will be 20L

but its totally worth it when you compare the features of Koleos vs competition
Old 7th September 2011, 20:36   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Now if they price this sensibly - Santa Fe will be history & Furtuners waiting will be a past , just cant wait for the prices ..
Not sure if it will be so straightforward. Both Santa Fe and Fortuner are 7-seater while Koleos is a 5-seater. There are people, myself included who want/need the flexibility of a 7-seater. I for one will never buy a 5-seater SUV unless I have the capability to buy and maintain multiple SUVs . I may not need 7-seating for 80%-90% of the time but I need that flexibility when I have a large group, friends, relatives which I do get once in a while.

This of course does not mean that everyone buying a Santa Fe or Fortuner needs 7-seater but it is a consideration for some. Otherwise this appears to be an awesome package.
Old 7th September 2011, 21:12   #67
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by callvvijay View Post
Guys, spotted this Renault Koleos in Chennai today near Kasi theatre. It looks good and for some reason I compared its looks with Hyundai Tucson.. In the rear, the name Koleos was written just below the Renault symbol in the middle and not on conventional right side..
Good Catch Vijay. The Koleos looks good and i am sure Renault would charge a premium for the car. I guess it will be placed around the T-Fort and would compete against the Santa Fe too.
Old 7th September 2011, 21:46   #68
Team-BHP Support

Now this is a very interesting proposition for those who want a robust little car that can handle rough roads and seat 5 people and some luggage. Let's hope the diesel engine is a good one. Renault would have nailed the pricing if it was around 15-17 lakhs. It would have been an absolute hit. But at 20 lakhs, it's a bit much for a car of its size, especially since the BMW X1 isn't far away and one might get tempted just by the heavy badge. The Audi Q3 is just around the corner too.

But the real competition for the Koleos would be the Chevrolet Captiva and the Skoda Yeti. It will be interesting to see how Honda will react to this. They were sitting pretty a few years ago, with the CR-V ruling the roost. Now, they need to do the 'catching-up'.
Old 8th September 2011, 13:55   #69
BHPian

Renault Koleos Launched
Site is up and running Renault - Overview
Price quoted on the website is 2299000 (Gurgaon)
Old 8th September 2011, 14:13   #70
BHPian

22.99L Ex Showroom Delhi

Here is the price link: Renault - Price
Old 8th September 2011, 14:41   #71
BHPian

Just got a call from the local dealer, there is going to be only one variant, a 4x4 automatic. Sadly the ex-showroom price in Gurgaon is 22.99 lakhs, the on road price is going to be 25 lakhs. Way to expensive, at least for me.
Old 8th September 2011, 14:48   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghavv View Post
22.99L Ex Showroom Delhi

Here is the price link: Renault - Price

Shocking - and not in a good way!

Should have been priced around 16-18L Ex-Showroom - that would have been a killer proposition.

Last edited by anekho : 8th September 2011 at 14:50.
Old 8th September 2011, 14:52   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Renault just doesn't want to understand the Indian buyer and the market dynamics. Or they are under an illusion that in India Renault is a brand as big as BMW and Audi. This pricing is insane and thats an understatement. Why wouldn't I go for a X1 or wait for the Q3? There is no bling factor associated with Renault whatsoever.

Really mindboggling prices. First the Fluence and now this. Don't the dealers atleast give there feed back to the company that they are going bankrupt due to no sales!!
Old 8th September 2011, 14:52   #74
Senior - BHPian

I Have a feeling Koleos will attract some decent sales figures initially. Its priced slightly higher than Fortuner / Captiva territory, but is offering a lot of goodies that the competition is missing out.

Some Key highlights :

1. 6 speed Auto box
2. 8 speaker BOSE system with AUX n USB
3. Dual Zone ACC
4. 6 Airbags
5. All Mode 4X4-I Transmission
6. Smart Access Card Entry
7. Engine Start/Stop Button

The list is endless.

Price OF Koleos in comparison with competition (All Prices are in INR Ex-Showoom Ahmedabad)

Renault Koleos 23,49,919
Toyota Fortuner 20,52,802
Chevrolet Captiva 18,94,315
Hyundai Santa FE 23,98,643
Ford Endeavour 19,70,880

Regards,

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 8th September 2011 at 14:55.
Old 8th September 2011, 15:21   #75
Senior - BHPian

That is the worst pricing ever !! Would rather buy a BMW X1 or a Audi Q3. I dont care if the Koleos has a bose ICE, the fact is the car brand matters in India and not the sound system! I wasnt expecting a 15Lakh price like a lot of other people, but more like a 18 Lakh price tag. Even at 18ex showroom, i dont believe it stood a chance.

Now i wonder how much that much talked about Duster will be priced at? 15 Lakh??
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks