Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2010, 14:58   #31
BHPian

Hate to suggest this. But catch hold of an RTO agent and they will get the job easily done, ofcourse with minmal/max weight reduction guaranteed from the wallet. I had a similar problem too with my NOC from Andhra Pradesh expired as I went out of country for some time. But when I came back I got the registration changed using the same NOC. All I had to do was pay some extra penalty for not paying Karnataka Road Tax, after getting the vehicle to Bangalore.
Old 12th November 2010, 16:13   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranav_mankad View Post
Can you please guide? Is there any way out?
You can pay yearly tax in Pune and keep driving it with Gujarat number plates.
Old 12th November 2010, 22:49   #33
Senior - BHPian

No driving it with Guj plates with an NOC endorsed to Thane RTO on the RC will have problems. Best bet get hold of an agent in Kutch RTO and get the NOC re-endorsed to the Pune RTO. Getting the Thane RTO to issue a not registered certificate if complicated then use the RTI to seek the information whether the earlier NOC for this vehicle was used at Thane or not. Then attach that letter from the Thane RTO to get the earlier NOC cancelled.
Old 27th May 2011, 21:15   #34
Team-BHP Support

Getting NOC from Bangalore RTO

Hey folks,

My sister had a 4-wheeler while she was in Bangalore (registered with the Jayanagar RTO). She is Chennai since a month and is now relocating to Mumbai permanently.

What is the procedure to get the NOC from the RTO? I checked on the website, it mentions form : CMV-28; but the form also mentions "I/we agree to transfer the vehicle to......".

Can the form be downloaded/filled and couriered by her to me and I just submit it in RTO? Would the vehicle be necessary?

Also, it is a simple enough process or an agent would be required to expediate the process? I'm shifting to Marathahalli on sunday so would be difficult to make multiple trips to Jayanagar RTO.
Old 27th May 2011, 21:57   #35
Senior - BHPian

Re: Help needed for getting NOC from New Delhi RTO

Got my Noc from a agent whose brother is working here with local Hyundai dealer, charged me a bomb but got my Noc within 15 days. But still my car is not transferred to Nagpur thanks to Hopeless RTO.
Old 26th June 2011, 10:54   #36
BHPian

Re: RTO NOC Complication - Guidance Needed

Had moved my bike from B'lore to Noida in 2008. Paid LTT in Noida vide the B'lore RTO NOC. No registration change, only a change in address.
Now I have to move back to B'lore. Do I need a NOC from Noida RTO? Coz the KA Registration booklet has a "address changed to Noida" note in it.

Please advice.
Old 5th July 2011, 10:13   #37
BHPian

Bumping up thread. Please help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_rider View Post
Had moved my bike from B'lore to Noida in 2008. Paid LTT in Noida vide the B'lore RTO NOC. No registration change, only a change in address.
Now I have to move back to B'lore. Do I need a NOC from Noida RTO? Coz the KA Registration booklet has a "address changed to Noida" note in it.

Please advice.
Old 10th August 2011, 15:52   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Please advice.
Do you have the original Bangalore NOC with you. If yes, you can get it cancelled in Bangalore, the validity is anyways 6 months. You will not get any refund from NOIDA RTO, since the vehcle has to be UP registered for any refund requests.

If not, its a longer route, you will have to get the vehicle registered in NOIDA and then take another NOC for Bangalore transfer and then register it in bangalore.
dadu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2011, 16:34   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Slightly OT, but is the validity period of the NOC mentioned anywhere ? I got a NOC recently from B'lore but don't see anything mentioned like it's valid till so-and-so date.

Is there any law that says NOC is valid till 3 months ?
AFAIK Normally NOC is valid for 6 months from date of issue. The idea of no validity period is that you would be changing the registration immediately with the NOC since it will take you one step ahead in the mess.
Cheers
Prasad

Last edited by Dieseldunk : 10th August 2011 at 16:35. Reason: inclusion
Old 22nd August 2011, 20:42   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Do you have the original Bangalore NOC with you. If yes, you can get it cancelled in Bangalore, the validity is anyways 6 months. You will not get any refund from NOIDA RTO, since the vehcle has to be UP registered for any refund requests.

If not, its a longer route, you will have to get the vehicle registered in NOIDA and then take another NOC for Bangalore transfer and then register it in bangalore.
Thanks for your reply. Like I said, I had paid tax in Noida RTO against the KA NOC, I dont have the document now, those guys kept it. I must be having a photocopy, will have to search for it.

Anyways, I am in KA, and using my bike with the KA number, without any problems till now. Will take out time to go to the KA51 RTO some day and inquire there.
Old 23rd August 2011, 08:51   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your reply. Like I said, I had paid tax in Noida RTO against the KA NOC, I dont have the document now, those guys kept it. I must be having a photocopy, will have to search for it.

Anyways, I am in KA, and using my bike with the KA number, without any problems till now. Will take out time to go to the KA51 RTO some day and inquire there.
You are running a vehicle with a cancelled registration, its an offence. You need to check with the RTO on how to cancel the KA NOC since you have not registered in NOIDA and forget about your NOIDA road tax refund.
Old 23rd August 2011, 18:31   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
You are running a vehicle with a cancelled registration, its an offence. You need to check with the RTO on how to cancel the KA NOC since you have not registered in NOIDA and forget about your NOIDA road tax refund.
but i only deposited road tax in noida, never meant to cancel the registration. i never understood these archaic and arcane RTO procedures. just wanted a 3 year stint in noida without changing registration. noida would not accept tax without NOC.

shouldnt have taken out NOC in the first place, noida has vehicles from all over the country running around without any problems!
Old 9th November 2011, 15:24   #43
Senior - BHPian

i want to change take a NOC from Noida RTO, can anyone please suggest me any agent in noida
Old 9th November 2011, 16:07   #44
Senior - BHPian

Guys need some info.

1) My bike, Unicorn 2004, was registered in Hyderabad.

2) I got transferred to Bangalore in 2005. So applied for NOC and got it.

3) By the time I got NOC to Bangalore, I got transferred to Pune.

4) I did not care about the NOC to Bangalore and just paid the road tax in Maharashtra on my bike. But lost the NOC to Bangalore.

Now the questions:

Is my bike's Hyderabad registration still valid?

Do I need to get the Bangalore NOC cancelled or would it get nulled as I did not do anything within six months. Is there a way I can know if I can sell my bike in Hyderabad without hassles?
Old 9th November 2011, 22:54   #45
BANNED

Holy Cow! So many hassles? The best thing to do for those moving across states would be to sell here and buy there. Since, you lose maximum on a brand new car which goes for sale as used, best option would be to buy a good pre-owned in a state and when it is time to move, sell it then and there. Another state, another car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks