Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2012, 23:21   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: RTO NOC Complication - Guidance Needed

Guys I badly need some information. I took NOC for my 2004 Santro from Bangalore Indiranagar RTO in 2011 for Mumbai (Andheri) RTO. I paid the roadtax of Maharashtra and paid the octroi too. Now due to some issues in Mumbai RTO, the car is not yet registsred to that RTO.
I am sure if I want to cancle the NOC, it will not work and I have to lose all the money paid in tax+octroi (around 35000/- total). Not sure what to do in such case. The agent I caught in Mumbai is not able to get this thing straighten up yet for more than 1 year.
In case I want to sell this car is the road tax payment receipt enough, which I already have?
Old 29th November 2012, 14:31   #47
Senior - BHPian

Need help in getting a NOC from Mumbai/Navi Mumbai RTO for my MH04 registered car .

Dunno how to go about it . I need only the NOC. Also please tell me on how many days does it take for the NOC to be issued?
Old 27th July 2013, 08:22   #48
LLL
BHPian

Guys,

I need to transfer a Noida registered car to GHaziabad. Do i need a NOC for this since both RTOs are in same state?

I asked couple of agents, but getting different answers with various costs for getting NOC. Hence want to validate here.
Old 28th July 2013, 21:36   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
Need help in getting a NOC from Mumbai/Navi Mumbai RTO for my MH04 registered car .
I would like to know whether you have got the NOC from Mumbai, can you please update the status?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL View Post
Guys,

I need to transfer a Noida registered car to GHaziabad. Do i need a NOC for this since both RTOs are in same state?

I asked couple of agents, but getting different answers with various costs for getting NOC. Hence want to validate here.
Why do you want to transfer within the same state?
Old 29th July 2013, 06:36   #50
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Why do you want to transfer within the same state?
Buying a used car thats registered in Noida. i live in Gzb so need to register in Gzb RTO.
Old 30th July 2013, 18:49   #51
BHPian

I bought a pre-owned Honda Civic from a used car dealer and nearly 90% of the amount was financed by the bank.

The problem is: its going to be nearly 3 months now and I haven't got a copy of the RC transfer receipt yet from the dealer despite repeated follow ups.
I talked to the previous owner and he mentioned that he handed over the NOC to the dealer on June 26 (nearly 2 months delay from the previous owner). Its been a month since then and I don't have any legal documents yet to prove my ownership of the car. (Dealer's delivery note and bank's EMIs is all I have).

I am in love with this Civic and don't want to end up having no legal documents for it, ever. Last week I even renewed the Insurance of the car on my name with a rider that I need to submit the new RC copy to the Insurer in 3 weeks.

Do you smell a fraud here? What are my options now? Give the dealer 1-2 weeks or tell the bank that they keep the car and I am not going to pay any more EMIs which will impact my credit standing or worse have bank's hooligans after me.

I need your advice. I am distressed by all this and would like to put an end to it soon.
Old 31st July 2013, 17:22   #52
BHPian

I am relocating from Chennai to delhi. I recently bought a car in Chennai (TN07)
I want to register my car in delhi. what do I need to do. As I understand I need
1. NOC from RTO chennai to relocate
2. Pay tax and get my car registered in Delhi within 3 months of getting the NOC
3. Take a refund of the balance tax from Chennai.

And in addition, what is the cost of moving a car from Chennai to Delhi likely to be?

To top it all - is there a good RTO agent who can get job number 1 and 3 done in Chennai, as for job no. 2 I will get it done in Delhi myself.

Thanks
Old 31st July 2013, 18:43   #53
BHPian

Hello All,

Its been 3 years since my dad moved to New Delhi. We neither have any kind of NOC nor we have paid any tax and our MH-02 registered car is plying on the roads of New Delhi since then. I have been stopped by Delhi Traffic Police couple of times for PUC check,but they never inquired about the NOC or paying the road tax or getting our car registered at New Delhi RTO.

I never knew that we need to follow such procedure(Getting the NOC,Paying road tax ect).

I do not want to register our car in New Delhi(is that an option?) as we will be moving back to Mumbai in 6-7 Months or may be within a year.

What should i do, continue to drive with the MH number plate or get it transferred?

-
Rishi
Old 1st August 2013, 07:23   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
I do not want to register our car in New Delhi(is that an option?) as we will be moving back to Mumbai in 6-7 Months or may be within a year.

What should i do, continue to drive with the MH number plate or get it transferred?

-
Rishi
Rishi,

In my opinion, if your plan is to move back after 6-7 months to mumbai, then it is not worth paying the road tax in delhi nor transferring the vehicle to Delhi numbers. Leave it as it is.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2013, 20:24   #55
BHPian

How to get NOC for transfer of car within the state.

This is how you can get NOC when you wish to transfer the car to another city within the state.
I am taking here the example of getting NOC from Mumbai West RTO (Located near Four bungalows, Andheri) for transfer of car to any city in Maharashtra.

You require Form 28 and Form 29 to submit to the RTO where the car is presently registered. Along with this you require valid PUC and valid insurance.
Form 28 and Form 29 can be downloaded fron RTO website.
PUC can be done for Rs 100 in Mumbai
You can easily get third party insurance for Rs 1100 (for cars below 1000 cc) and Rs 1300 for cars below 1500 cc engine capacity.
There are number of kiosks selling insurance and doing PUC just outside the RTO Andheri West office.

After getting the above arrange your documents in following manner:
Page 1 (Form No 28 original with pencil print of chasis)
Page 2 (Form No 28 original with pencil print of chasis)
Page 3 (Page No 28 original with pencil print of chasis)
Page 4 (Form No 29 upper half original)
Page 5 (Xerox of PUC xerox)
Page 6 (Xerox of insurance certificate)
Above these attach the original smart card in plastic pouch or attach the original RC

If you are going to Mumbai West RTO go to the 2nd floor at the window of senior clerk at Unit 5.
The clerk will check and send you to the prosecution department on first floor to get the stamp. The clerk there will check the documents and put a stamp on Page 1.
After this agin go back to the Senior clerk at the second floor at Unit No 5. The clerk here will attach a sheet and fill details and will send you to auditor, then head clerk and then Dy RTO for their signatures.
After getting their signatures, come back again to Unit No 5 and deposit the forms.
The will tell you to come next day to collect the the NOC.

You can then celebrate your success by having a chai and wada sambhar at the canteen on the ground floor of RTO.

It is a simple process, and if you go through the agent, he will charge you Rs 3,000 to Rs 5,000 for this. You can do for free if you do on your own.

After you get the NOC, you can submit the same with Form No 29 (half page) and Form No 30 to the RTO in any city within the state for transfer of your car.
I will inform the transfer process separately.
arun_112 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2013, 22:25   #56
Senior - BHPian

NOC is still a simple thing to get compared to getting the vehicle transferred. I got my Noc in a weeks time from Delhi. I am trying to transfer my vehicle(DL reg) since 2011 to MH reg(Nagpur), probably among the worst RTO offices in country. they are corrupt ( that's a norm everywhere), inefficient, rotten to core and are worst than contract killers ( who at least respect contract, when paid).
i sold off my vehicle, now these buggers are harassing the buyer and story goes on....

Last edited by agspins : 17th October 2013 at 22:27.
Old 4th November 2013, 14:00   #57
Senior - BHPian

I brought my bike registered in MP to Karnataka around 10 years back.

I took NOC from Bhopal RTO for registering the bike in Bangalore. But I never registered the bike in Bangalore, I only paid the life time tax and continued using the bike in Bangalore.

Now I have moved the bike back to Bhopal. I need to renew the registration in MP since it is completing 15 years and after that I intend to sell the bike.

Will the Bhopal RTO give any trouble because of the NOC issued 10 years back ? Is there any procedure to cancel the NOC in such a case ?

Has someone faced a similar situation ? What should be my approach ?

Rohan
Old 3rd December 2013, 16:41   #58
BHPian

Hi Guys

Request your help.

I had shifted my bike (KA-03)from Bangalore to Chennai. I got the NOC from Bangalore done in 2010.

When I came to chennai and went to a police to get NOC they told the records being centralised at Chetpet and I can go there after 2 months.

I never went back.

Qs:

1. Is the NOC got from Bangalore still valid (There is no validity mentioned in NOC)
2. Any one who has got an NOC in Chepet - please share your experience.

Thanks
Old 9th December 2013, 20:09   #59
Senior - BHPian

What I came to know about NOC is that it is valid for only 15 days from date of issue. I moved my Santro from Bangalore RTO to Mumbai and during that time got this info. RTO will not mention any expiry date on NOC but may cause trouble when you try registering the vehicle late.
Old 10th December 2013, 20:13   #60
Senior - BHPian

When I had applied for registration in Ghaziabad RTO using the NOC from Bangalore for my car, I was told by the RTO people, that I have to get it registered within one month of NOC date. If any delayed, then I will have to pay a penalty at Rs 100 for the delay.

According to them the NOC is a valid document and it doesnt expire, it needs to be cancelled for invalidation (if requested by owner) and no timely usage is not the reason for expiration.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks