Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2014, 10:55   #61
BHPian

Re: RTO NOC Complication - Guidance Needed

Request guidance on cancelation of NOC.
I took NOC for my bike 10 years ago, but never shifted the bike out of Bangalore. I now want to sell the bike.

Is there a process to cancel the NOC for the bike? I would like to do it without agent preferably.
Old 21st January 2014, 12:37   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriturl View Post
Request guidance on cancelation of NOC.
I took NOC for my bike 10 years ago, but never shifted the bike out of Bangalore. I now want to sell the bike.

Is there a process to cancel the NOC for the bike? I would like to do it without agent preferably.
You will need to get a non-migration certificate from the RTO to which the NOC was issue by Bangalore RTO.

Non-migration certificate basically mentions that this particular vehicle never came to this RTO for registration.

Using this non-migration certificate, apply for NOC cancellation in Bangalore RTO.

Rohan
rohan_iitr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2014, 12:13   #63
BHPian

I am in a complex situation with my Bike. I bought my bike in Pune, and around 2 years back I came to Bangalore, I rode the bike to Bangalore and didn't bother about NOC or anything that time. Now to make the matter worst, I lost my original RC card. I settled in Bangalore, and I don't have a original RC nor I have NOC from Pune RTO. I tried to get a duplicate RC, but they need a Pune address proof, which no one is ready to give. How should I go about it? Please advice.

Thanks,
Old 27th January 2015, 20:18   #64
BHPian

Posting on this thread after a year or so. Here is my experience with NOC Cancellation.
I have a Hero Honda Passion 2001 bike for which NOC was issued to Bangalore by an RTO in Kerala in 2011. I attempted to register/pay tax for this bike in Bangalore directly at RTO and also through agent. Both RT office staff and Agent asked for the original invoice of my vehicle which was not with me (being a second hand bike). Since these attempts failed, I parceled my bike back to Kerala. That's when I got to know of the NOC cancellation rule, which needs a letter from RTO Bangalore that my vehicle is not registered here. Hence I took my documents to KR Puram, Bangalore RTO and asked for a Non Migration letter. The clever or crooked, ( I don't know what to call) asked for a life tax for my bike from the time I got the NOC from Kerala. I decided against paying this as I felt it to be a waste of money and thought to scrap sell my bike. That's when an agent agreed to help. He spoke to the staff and they charged me Rs. 2500. (around 1/4th of the current value of the bike).
I got this Non Migration a.k.a Vehicle not registered letter from Bangalore RTO and need to show it at Kerala RTO to start using my bike again in Kerala.
I learned my lesson, never transport a vehicle out of state. If needed, sell it in the home state and buy another in your next location.

Badly looking for Mr. Nitin Gadkari's new motor vehicle rules.
aby.sam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2015, 18:43   #65
BHPian

Dear All,

Need advice on NOC transfer from RTO specially from our Hyderabad folks.

Background:

I moved to Hyderabad (HYD) from Bangalore (BLR) in September 2012. I moved with my Karnataka registered car and I had taken NOC from Bangalore RTO to get it registered in HYD. However, I didn't register the car in HYD as I moved out of HYD in the early 2013 (in fact moved out of country). At that time my car was still under Bank Loan.

So before moving abroad I moved my car back to BLR and didn't bother about the NOC cancellation at HYD RTO.

Early last year the bank loan term got over and I wanted to get this information update done in my RC book. So when I was in BLR in July last year, I went to BLR RTO for this reason. Due to short stay in BLR, I returned back to work and had asked my father to follow up with RTO.

Issue:

I gathered from my father that Bangalore RTO is asking us to get a letter from HYD RTO (or endorsement on the NOC) that my car was not registered in HYD during 2012 and then only Bangalore RTO will update car loan clearance in the RC book.

I am looking for an agent in HYD who can do this for me. I want to check if you know any agents in HYD who can get this work done for me at some reasonable fees?

I don't have any friends in HYD and I have to visit HYD only for this reason, so in case if this can get done from an agent then it will help me a lot.

Any inputs will help me for sure.

Many Thanks
Sanjeev
Old 30th June 2015, 15:59   #66
BHPian

Advice on getting No Objection Certificate (NOC) to Transfer GS 150R Bike to Cochin from Chennai

Guys,

I will be moving from Chennai to Cochin in another month's time and would like to transfer my Bike's registration from Tamil Nadu to Kerala.
Does anyone have any ideas re: the procedure to get an NOC so I can go and re-register my bike in Kerala.

My bike is registered in the Thiruvanmiyur RTO (TN 07).

If this is not the ideal forum to post this question in, please redirect me to the correct forum.

Thanks in advance!

Moderator Note: Please search before creating new threads!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 30th June 2015 at 16:06. Reason: Please refer the note posted above.
Old 21st July 2015, 15:30   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by aby.sam View Post
Posting on this thread after a year or so. Here is my experience with NOC Cancellation.
I have a Hero Honda Passion 2001 bike for which NOC was issued to Bangalore by an RTO in Kerala in 2011. I attempted to register/pay tax for this bike in Bangalore directly at RTO and also through agent. Both RT office staff and Agent asked for the original invoice of my vehicle which was not with me (being a second hand bike). Since these attempts failed, I parceled my bike back to Kerala. That's when I got to know of the NOC cancellation rule, which needs a letter from RTO Bangalore that my vehicle is not registered here. Hence I took my documents to KR Puram, Bangalore RTO and asked for a Non Migration letter. The clever or crooked, ( I don't know what to call) asked for a life tax for my bike from the time I got the NOC from Kerala. I decided against paying this as I felt it to be a waste of money and thought to scrap sell my bike. That's when an agent agreed to help. He spoke to the staff and they charged me Rs. 2500. (around 1/4th of the current value of the bike).
I got this Non Migration a.k.a Vehicle not registered letter from Bangalore RTO and need to show it at Kerala RTO to start using my bike again in Kerala.
I learned my lesson, never transport a vehicle out of state. If needed, sell it in the home state and buy another in your next location.

Badly looking for Mr. Nitin Gadkari's new motor vehicle rules.
Sam, can you provide me the contact details of the agent who had got your job done - I am in exactly similar situation as yours with my Avenger - and the agent I had given the job is still stuck ( two weeks and counting) - he says the officers are asking for the full vehicle ltt to be paid again here in bangalore ( which in itself is an absurd rule!).
Old 21st December 2015, 20:19   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vijaychand87 View Post
Sam, can you provide me the contact details of the agent who had got your job done - I am in exactly similar situation as yours with my Avenger - and the agent I had given the job is still stuck ( two weeks and counting) - he says the officers are asking for the full vehicle ltt to be paid again here in bangalore ( which in itself is an absurd rule!).
Hope you got your job done. Else there are agents outside RTO who can help you. Philips MDS in Indira Nagar is a reliable place, if it is to do with Indira Nagar RTO.
Old 11th February 2022, 09:53   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanju.iitm View Post
Dear All,

Need advice on NOC transfer from RTO specially from our Hyderabad folks.

Background:

I moved to Hyderabad (HYD) from Bangalore (BLR) in September 2012. I moved with my Karnataka registered car and I had taken NOC from Bangalore RTO to get it registered in HYD. However, I didn't register the car in HYD as I moved out of HYD in the early 2013 (in fact moved out of country). At that time my car was still under Bank Loan.
I am in a similar situation as this. Any idea how to get NOC cancelled? I need to sell my car in the same state where it was registered but I got NOC issued as I had to use the car in Bangalore where RTO breathes down your neck if its non KA vehicle and I was made to pay road tax which is possible only when the NOC is issued. As I was not sure if I will continue I did not get it registered in Bangalore. Now the car is back in Mumbai and just want to sell it.
Old 11th February 2022, 11:25   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelWake View Post
I am in a similar situation as this. Any idea how to get NOC cancelled? I need to sell my car in the same state where it was registered but I got NOC issued as I had to use the car in Bangalore where RTO breathes down your neck if its non KA vehicle and I was made to pay road tax which is possible only when the NOC is issued. As I was not sure if I will continue I did not get it registered in Bangalore. Now the car is back in Mumbai and just want to sell it.
If you paid your road tax in KA, your car is registered in KA, irrespective of the number plates. Hence, look to sell your car in Bangalore, or else get an NOC for Mumbai and register the car again in Mumbai (with the same plates), and then sell it.
boniver is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks