Team-BHP - 2010 - Year end offers from car dealers
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   2010 - Year end offers from car dealers (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/93068-2010-year-end-offers-car-dealers-5.html)

hey Manz,

thats something not heard of in bangalore, i suppose u need to check it out once again and
then go for it, in case u have heard it gohead and book it dont make it public , before the dealers can pull out the scheme.

cheers,

Dr.sag

It gets even more interesting. Today, the sales team guy, from another dealer I was negotiating with, called me back telling me he will better the offer that I already have. What makes it interesting is that his colleague had walked off in a huff yesterday when i told him what has been offered to me already.
Should i be getting worried? stupid:

Apart from some of them offering discounts now for customers to buy 2010 models, they are putting forth news items saying that come Jan 1, 2011, they will hike the prices by some 2 % on an average. :eek:
They all in unison cite rise in costs of plastics, rubber, aluminium and even copper ! I am not sure how much of copper these people use now a days?
No other month is suitable for increasing the prices and its only in January that these car makers realise that the raw material prices are up.
Come Feb 28th, its a gamble and if the excise duty or any other Central tax (customs or even the corporate taxes) on automobiles are reduced the whole thing gets levelled off to Dec 31st, with the Jan 1st price increase.
Conversely, they used to waited till Feb 28th till a few years ago, to see the duties rolled back and then by June cite increase in raw material costs and raise the prices to let these get back to the square one viz. pre-budget!

Guys,looking on to buy the new Laura Diesel (Ambient).

Find below the price break up for the LAURA in my city (Coimbatore) and say if it is OK : Ex-Showroom - Rs.1374114 + Insurance - Rs.51306 + Life Tax - Rs.213617 and that sums up to Rs.1639037 On Road.

Also the dealer says that the extended warranty is Rs.18675,which they are offering for free. The other deal that I am offered is free Insurance (All this if I could make the full payment by this month end).

Now here is the tricky part,I wanted a 2011 stock and the sales guy promises that he could deliver the same by 2nd or 3rd week of Jan-2011. Is it possible to get the new stocks that early. I want the year of manufacturing on the RC book to be 2011.

Advice me if the deal is good and Please help me to make a wise decision friends.

Quote:

Originally Posted by manz (Post 2166815)
It gets even more interesting. Today, the sales team guy, from another dealer I was negotiating with, called me back telling me he will better the offer that I already have. What makes it interesting is that his colleague had walked off in a huff yesterday when i told him what has been offered to me already.
Should i be getting worried? stupid:

I don't think you should be worried about a lot.
I got my i20 Asta Diesel delivered last week. Although the car was booked a couple of months back, I was promised a lit of freebies from the dealership.
1. Mud flaps
2. Floor mats
3. 3M Sun films. It was garware first and I negotiated it for a 3m.
4. Vehicle cover.
5. Teflon polish.

Barring the free insurance which is being offered, I cannot think of anything much which Hyundai dealerships are doing for the vehicles booked in December.

^ Phew!

I booked the car today! Delivery next week :) Fingers crossed.

Delivery in 1 week for an i20 :Shockked:
I was under the impression that it had a 2 month waiting.

Back to the topic at hand:
Any word on discounts/freebies being offered on i20 in Mumbai?
I know it's unlikely, but may as well ask.

Also, could someone please advise me, is it more beneficial to take freebies like what manz got (assuming I get them) and take a 2010 car, or is it smarter to wait till 2011?

In Mumbai discounts are being offered on all Hyundai vehicles except i20 as seen in the newspapers today. I guess Hyundai wants to play the "its difficult to get me" card with i20 atleast looking at the kind of response its been getting month after months.:Frustrati

Got a call from the Tata-Fiat dealer.
They're offering the following on all Fiats (other than the Linea t-Jet) bought/booked this month:
- Free Insurance
- 2 years extended warranty and roadside assistance for Rs.3000
- Cash discount of Rs. 10,000
- Exchange bonus of Rs. 15,000

Quite good, I presume?

Wow.. thats Spectra Motors don't have any such offers in Mumbai ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by kadanaJ (Post 2167959)

Two reasons:

1. I opted for a silky beige. Not a color that most people prefer
2. Apparently, all stockyards are brimming with cars since Hyundai wants to offload 2010 models in a hurry

Btw, my car is now already in the showroom. Another dealer also promised me the delievery tomorrow if i want.

Quote:

Also, could someone please advise me, is it more beneficial to take freebies like what manz got (assuming I get them) and take a 2010 car, or is it smarter to wait till 2011?
I had similar questions. This thread should help:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...r-buy-car.html

Any news on luxury car discounts?

I am not seeing much offers from manufectures if I compare it to last year. I guess the reason being, the prices are hiked by 2-5% in Jan 2011, so companies knew that customer would want to book the car in Dec anyways and this is why such low offers from them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kadanaJ (Post 2167959)

Back to the topic at hand:
Any word on discounts/freebies being offered on i20 in Mumbai?
I know it's unlikely, but may as well ask.

We will be getting our i20 sportz in 10 days. No discounts offered. Only mud flaps and floor mats. We booked it around 27th and i20 is already in transit from factory, so expecting a call tomorrow or on friday.

I have been told by manager ( a very good friend of dad) that till jan end/feb there won't be any 2011 models. And he says when selling people look at registration date rather than manufacturing date. Don't know what's true. As such we needed in hurry so no point waiting.

If you are ready to take a very minor hit when selling after 5-7 yrs, you can wait for 2011 model or else get current one and have fun early.:)

I am desperately looking out for discounts on an i20 in Mumbai. If I get a good discount package with a quick delivery I'll book on the spot. I am on the lookout for a white Asta