Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2018, 13:46   #12586
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Friends

Suggestions for an ideal sell price for my car:
Taffeta White Honda Jazz Base, Dec 2010 bought, Nov 2010 manufactured, 52K odo, KA Registration, First owner. Had added alloys, spoiler, parcel tray, illuminated scuffs, etc.

Thanks for your help.

cheers
lazy
Old 15th February 2018, 16:25   #12587
BHPian

Hi Friends,

I am looking for used Volvo S60 Cross Country, and found one on one of the leading car classified website. However, listing says the car is un-registered.

Is it possible to sell un-registered car through such website.

Price difference of new & listing is also around 20 lacs(I am not considering any discounts which dealer might provide on new car).

Is it worthy to go after such cars as I would be keeping the car for 6-7 years.
Old 15th February 2018, 20:22   #12588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhu_Bengaluru View Post
Just to try it out, I randomly picked a car from a listing in olx by a dealer which was quoted as 68k kms, I first called the service center to check on the last service done and was to know that the service was done in January 2017 with odo of 1.05 lakh kms. I so much miss the KBB vehicle report that we get here. Though even that report may be flawed but will definitely help to quickly identify such glaring things.
Exactly what I was talking about. Unfortunately, this industry is rampant with examples like these. Thats why i would suggest looking ONLY for genuine owners, preferably first owners. I think if you keep looking for a couple of weeks, you will get a good car. One day is too early to call it quits! Happy shopping!!

BTW, for the honda vehicles, you can get the entire service history if you have the VIN number and chassis number via the Honda Connect app.
deep_bang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2018, 21:38   #12589
GT3
BHPian

A 2014 Jetta HL AT is for sale. It has run 50K kms and is in pristine condition. Brake pads and disks are yet to be replaced. What would be a fair price to quote? I was looking to get an E90 320d, but it is very tough to get a well used one. So keeping the Jetta as the second option.
Old 17th February 2018, 17:10   #12590
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smack_himanshu View Post
Hi Friends,

I am looking for used Volvo S60 Cross Country, and found one on one of the leading car classified website. However, listing says the car is un-registered.

Is it possible to sell un-registered car through such website.

Price difference of new & listing is also around 20 lacs(I am not considering any discounts which dealer might provide on new car).

Is it worthy to go after such cars as I would be keeping the car for 6-7 years.
Most likely the amount is without road tax / registration which will be a good 15-18% of the ex showroom price of teh vehicle. Secondly it could be a demo car and hence unregistered.
Old 17th February 2018, 18:57   #12591
BHPian

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT3 View Post
A 2014 Jetta HL AT is for sale. It has run 50K kms and is in pristine condition. Brake pads and disks are yet to be replaced. What would be a fair price to quote? I was looking to get an E90 320d, but it is very tough to get a well used one. So keeping the Jetta as the second option.

Hello Sir,

You can quote a price of 10 - 11 lakhs for the automatic. You can get a manual Jetta for 8 - 9 lakhs.
Attached Thumbnails
The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-b4684f87f3d646729714116caafa223f.jpeg  

Last edited by Prathiiik : 17th February 2018 at 19:11.
Prathiiik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2018, 13:08   #12592
BHPian

Hi all,

I have been offered a 2011 model Toyota Innova 2.5 G, company owned and now up for resale. Driver driven, 75,000 km done, all maintenance records intact, new tyres (six months old), battery is a year old, comprehensive insurance, minor scratches on front side near head light, interiors are decent with Captain seats. MH (Mumbai) registered.

Some work on the AC is required which the company will do so before handing over. Asking price (for others) is Rs 8.5L, but for me (being old customer) is 7.5L with easy payment terms.

Got it checked by mechanic, says no major issues.

May I request for some guidance as to whether the price quoted is fair. and some tips to further gauge the condition of the car.

Thanks

Last edited by 220kmph : 23rd February 2018 at 13:11. Reason: additional information
Old 23rd February 2018, 13:53   #12593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 220kmph View Post
Hi all,

I have been offered a 2011 model Toyota Innova 2.5 G, company owned and now up for resale. Driver driven, 75,000 km done, all maintenance records intact, new tyres (six months old), battery is a year old, comprehensive insurance, minor scratches on front side near head light, interiors are decent with Captain seats. MH (Mumbai) registered.

Some work on the AC is required which the company will do so before handing over. Asking price (for others) is Rs 8.5L, but for me (being old customer) is 7.5L with easy payment terms.

May I request for some guidance as to whether the price quoted is fair. and some tips to further gauge the condition of the car.

Thanks

7.5 lakhs is a very good price for a 2011 Toyota Innova run 75000 kilometres.

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1519374201.597044.jpg
Old 23rd February 2018, 14:06   #12594
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 220kmph View Post
Hi all,

Thanks
7.5L is a fair price, in fact you are getting at a price tad cheaper than market. You are also getting almost brand new tyres which is good. 75000 KM is quite low by Innova standards and if the car is in good shape, you can go ahead.
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2018, 12:27   #12595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazy View Post
Friends

Suggestions for an ideal sell price for my car:
Taffeta White Honda Jazz Base, Dec 2010 bought, Nov 2010 manufactured, 52K odo, KA Registration, First owner. Had added alloys, spoiler, parcel tray, illuminated scuffs, etc.

Thanks for your help.

cheers
lazy

3 lakh would be the ideal price to sell your 2010 Jazz base.

Regards
Prathik
Old 26th February 2018, 13:10   #12596
BHPian

A friend of mine is thinking of buying 2012 honda civic that has been driven 55000km, quoted at 5.25 after negotiations. Idea is to use it for 2 years before upgrading to a new saloon, wondering whether this is a good price for the car. Could the experts weight in with their opinion?
Old 26th February 2018, 13:21   #12597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arit.mondal View Post
A friend of mine is thinking of buying 2012 honda civic that has been driven 55000km, quoted at 5.25 after negotiations. Idea is to use it for 2 years before upgrading to a new saloon, wondering whether this is a good price for the car. Could the experts weight in with their opinion?

Which variant is this? E, S or V?
Is it an automatic or a manual?
Old 26th February 2018, 13:51   #12598
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prathiiik View Post
Which variant is this? E, S or V?
Is it an automatic or a manual?
It is the V manual transmission model. First owner, being sold by a used car dealer.
There is an automatic variant too with similar kilometres driven, but priced at 5.75lacs.
Old 26th February 2018, 14:53   #12599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arit.mondal View Post
It is the V manual transmission model. First owner, being sold by a used car dealer.
There is an automatic variant too with similar kilometres driven, but priced at 5.75lacs.
5.25 lakhs seems to be a bit on the pricier side for a 2012 Civic V MT.

The ideal price would be anywhere between 4.9 to 5 lakhs lakhs.

Regards
Prathik

Last edited by Prathiiik : 26th February 2018 at 14:55.
Old 26th February 2018, 19:24   #12600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prathiiik View Post
5.25 lakhs seems to be a bit on the pricier side for a 2012 Civic V MT.

The ideal price would be anywhere between 4.9 to 5 lakhs lakhs.

Regards
Prathik
Hey Prathik,
As such even 4.9 feels high. Somewhere around 4.5-4.7 is the right price for a well driven and maintained car. BTW, what difference does extra 25k make over the market value. Just a bit curious. If the car is in very good nicks, I wouldn't back myself by not paying the extra bucks if needed.

The AT trim can command somewhere about 5 Lacs.

Varun

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks